Black Poetry : A Child's Cry For Help

serenti-poet

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 10, 2003
Atlanta
Occupation
High School Teacher
Check this out one of my eighth grade students wrote this. I don't know which though. I found it while cleaning up...

another cutter another freak another dork another geek another prep another jock another whore and more punk rock another hater another "G" another scar they put on me another label that happens to fall when no one knows the person at all another tear that shatters fast on the s*&t who is really chaste another line upon the wrist of a girl who wants a kiss or a guy who just can't take the stress that the making the team can create another actor who wants to die instead he sobs while he gets high another princess who just can't be a size zero instead of three another toilet full of lunch another pill from mother's stash another wallet that is empty and when it's stolen is full of cash another label floating around ready to fall on another's head and because of this and a low acceptance rate many of the victems will end up dead. So think of this before you label a s*$t, a jock, a prep, a punk, a nerd, a geek, a freak, a spaz, or another homie G Funk. You could be the gun to their head or the arsenic in their coke you laugh and point and make fun a lot but when it's on you it's not a joke.

This was very deep and so true for today's times. I think today's children are so much more fragile then back in the days because of all the negative feed they get from television, music, and every where else. It's probably so hard for them just surviving day to day and a lot of times we as adults don't even understand it. I hope this was not a cry for help from one of your students, and if it was I hope you find out who it was before it's to late.
Much love.

deep!!!

true love said:
This was very deep and so true for today's times. I think today's children are so much more fragile then back in the days because of all the negative feed they get from television, music, and every where else. It's probably so hard for them just surviving day to day and a lot of times we as adults don't even understand it. I hope this was not a cry for help from one of your students, and if it was I hope you find out who it was before it's to late.
Much love.

i read this and thought about my little cousin. she is in the ninth grade now, and kind of a wild child. so i asked her to read it and tell me what she thought. she actually got a little teary. i aked why- her response? "i understand it." we sat down and had a real deep convo.
never would have guessed she had so much to say.
i guess as adults it is easy to look at teenage life and see their problems as being childish- when in truth they have more stresses on their heads than most of us could imagine. thank you for posting this- it really helped somebody.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back