Black People : a child as a product of rape

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by legit-writer, Mar 26, 2012.

1. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    i was watching dr phil just now, and it was talking about a guy who says he got raped by his ex girlfriend and she got pregnant in the process, and now he is faced with child support. He says that he is ok with her being registered as a sex offender after all he has allegedly went through. And he also is not a part of his son's life and although he is paying child support, he doesn't feel that he should... why? because he said he got raped by his ex, same reason why he is not really a part of his son's life in addition to it not being fair to the child considering the circumstances. My question is do you agree with this and also, if you were a victim of rape and a child came of it, if the person who raped you is in jail for rape as well as a registered sex offender, would you take custody of that child since in all reality it is your child, or because of the child being born due to rape, you do not see a reason to have a relationship with the child.

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Any time sex is forced on another and a child results from that forced act, the mother or father of the conceived child could and would reasonably feel an emotional detachment to the child produced by it.

Many women impregnated by rape have aborted or put up for adoption the child conceived.

This is a travesty of justice here....This woman was actually charged with "sexual assault" and is a "registered sex offender," and HE has to pay court-ordered child support?!

Now, yes, this IS an unusual case here.

Questions in my mind would be:

1. Why does this convicted sex offender "mother" have custody of the child she conceived by rape?

2. Why does the VICTIM of said rape have to pay child support to his RAPIST?

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    stop watching dr phil…….:SuN019:

4. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    lol....no doubt
    drama monger....

one love
    khasm

5. Zuri Armani

Zuri Armani Active Member MEMBER

A little bit of everything.
    Ratings:
    +31
    Being a victim of rape myself, I can understand how one might not want to be emotionally attached. When I was raped 2 years ago I thought I was pregnant but I told myself that if I was I would be as good of a mother as I possible could be. I don't think I would have looked at him/her as if he/she was a product of rape. I would have hated the rapist, but the child is just an innocent bystander who had nothing to do with it. The child would have been a part of me, so I would have loved and cared for him/her as if he/she was concieved out of an act of love. I know for a fact that abortion wouldn't have been an option. I would take full custody of the child simply because I am the mother, regardless, if I chose to be or not. I could not kill, or give of the baby and ask some one else to mother a child that has my blood flowing through his/her body. For me, every day would be torture not to be there for him or her.

6. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    It might not be the same thing--but what if a woman sabotages the condom? Or doesn't take the pill like she says?

Lesson: Bring your own condoms and go with her to get the pill.

As to guy being raped by his ex-girlfriend. Women do cruel things. That's why we discern who we date. I never heard of a man being raped by a woman. But I don't intend to find out about it, because if a woman is big enough to hold me down, she's big enough to buy her own food and not get in bed with me.

7. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    I got you better, don't just go with her to get the pill, just use a condom until you decide she is worthy to carry your seed. A woman can go get a pill, but she ain't got to take it. Don't forget, she ain't got to be big, all she needs is a gun or a knife. Basically, leave the crazy ones alone. LOL!

8. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    I don't get the wording, here. I mean, would you direct the same question to a woman? Would you judge a female for not wanting any part of her rapist's seed?
    Do you not believe that a man can be raped?
    ...because he can. The 'body betrays itself'. <-- this occurs in some female rape victims as well.

Anyway, this guy is a human being. He doesn't become all better again because this skank is in jail. Doesn't need judgement, either. This woman is the villain. He is the victim and he has a right to feel as he does.
    The sex was unwanted. Hell, he may not even want children.
    My thing is: You don't force parenthood on people (literally), then jump all over their case and judge them because they're not all attached and falling all over themselves for their offspring.
    Some circumstances - even when conception occurs under normal circumstance - can prevent 'proper attachment' (from parent to child). Unless there are hallucinations, thoughts of self-harm or harm to the baby? This man's feelings ARE normal.

There's nothing for me to 'agree/disagree' with, anyhow. It's a personal matter....
    *shrug*
    I 'understand'. An individual with these feelings...requires patience and understanding.

If I were raped and came up pregnant?
    Please, I'm not even going to get on here with that 'Oh, I'd birth my rapist's baby in a heartbeat...' <-- *bleep* that...are you kiddin' me?
    *laugh*

'Morning After Pill'...or 'D/C' (abortion). It's one thing to be raped and quit another to birth my rapist's baby'...and since there's no way of that? Adoption would be out of the question. Automatically.
    It's all just too 'icky' and disgusting to think about. It actually turns my stomach....

If I were a man? Would I take custody of the child?
    No.
    The child would be placed in a great home. Given a great start. I'd financially support the child and keep watch from afar. I'd want no part of the situation, however. This could change in time...through personal growth and with the help of a therapist and loved ones, maybe.

9. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Oh yeah--guns.

I can't say that I stay away from crazy. :-|

10. rapunzal24

rapunzal24 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,022
    LOL, you forgot about the guns huh? Well, if it makes you feel better, it takes a special type of crazy to tell a guy you are on birth control when you are not, and rape him at gun point. A real special kind of crazy, the kind of crazy where you have to be crazy to find and not notice, lol.