Black Spirituality Religion : A challenge to quote ERRORS/CONTRADICTIONS in the BIBLE.

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

I understand and respect your decision not to answer for them. However, my point in asking the question was to point to the fact that intelligent people who have TRUTH as their goal would have changed the errors to make the bible clear, inerrant, and believeable. They didn't because they felt it would take away from the authenticity of the original works...but the contradiction in that is that there are 100's of VERSIONS of book. So, if one can change from the KJV to the NAS then why couldn't they correct the minute mistakes? Answer...the same reason that Jim Jones' followers drank the poison kool-aid...because INDOCTRINATION supercedes all logic.

A007,

Your assessment is very strong and not easily challenged by anyone! It carries a certain ring of truth. We must study to show oursleves approved.

And thanks for the understanding and respect!

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace!

I said that those were just a couple of the numerical errors. How about some scientific errors.

1 Kings 7:23 "He made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about." Circumference = Pi() x Diameter, which means the line would have to have been over 31 cubits. In order for this to be rounding, it would have had to overstate the amount to ensure that the line did "compass it round about."

Lev 11:20-21: "All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you." Fowl do not go upon all four.

Lev 11:6: "And the hare, because he cheweth the cud..."Hare do not chew the cud.

Deut 14:7: " "...as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof." For the hare this is wrong on both counts: Hare don’t chew the cud and they do divide the "hoof."

Jonah 1:17 says, "...Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights" Matt 12:40 says "...Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly..." whales and fish are not related

Matt 13:31-32: " "the kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed which…is the least of all seeds, but when it is grown is the greatest among herbs and becometh a tree." There are 2 significant errors here: first, there are many smaller seeds, like the orchid seed; and second, mustard plants don't grow into trees.

Matt 4:8: " Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them." Unless the world is flat, altitude simply will not help you see all the kingdoms of the earth.

A007,

My! My! You have certainly generated a bunch of work. Perhaps, oceolo or Music Producer will address these concerns.

And yes, your attitude is commendable during the heat of battle! Peace is the Goal.

In briefly and throwing my 2 cents in the pot.

Rom 1:3: Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

Rom 1:4: And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Exodus 20:5: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 23:28: Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Blackbird

Lev 11:
20: All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

The problem is in translation. The word fowls is not in the Hebrew Script.

English Bible:
All winged swarming things that go upon all fours are a detestable thing unto you.

The Hebrew word after “All” is “sh-r-tz”.

sh-r-tz = vermin, insect, bug, to swarm.

In the case of Lev 11:20 it is a matter of translation.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back