Black Spirituality Religion : A challenge to quote ERRORS/CONTRADICTIONS in the BIBLE.

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by A007, Jun 7, 2008.

1. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Oceolo gave the challenge. So here are just a few. Let's start with a couple of numercial contradictions.

When did Ahaziah son of Jehoram begin his reign in Judah?
    "In the eleventh year of Joram the son of Ahab began Ahaziah to reign over Judah." 2Ki 9:29
    "In the twelfth year of Joram the son of Ahab king of Israel did Ahaziah the son of Jehoram king of Judah began to reign." 2Ki 8:25

How old was Jehoiachin when he began to reign?
    "Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign." 2Ch 36:9
    "Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign." 2Ki 24:8

How long did Jotham reign in Jerusalem?
    Sixteen years. 2Ki 15:33
    At least twenty years. 2Ki 15:30

How old was Ahaziah when he began to reign?
    Twenty two years old. 2Ki 8:26
    Forty two years old. 2Ch 22:2

How long did Omri reign?
    From the 31st to the 38th year of Asa's reign, Omri is said to have reigned twelve years. An impossibility. 1Ki 16:23,28-29

How much gold was brought to Solomon from Ophir?
    420 talents of gold. 1Ki 9:28
    450 talents of gold. 2Ch 8:18

How many stalls did Solomon have for his horses?
    4,000 stalls. 2Ch 9:25
    40,000 stalls. 1Ki 4:26

How long did Gad tell David he was to suffer famine?
    Three years. 1Ch 21:11-12
    Seven years. 2Sa 24:13

How many horsemen did David take with him from Hadadezer?
    700 horsemen. 2Sa 8:4
    7,000 horsemen. 1Ch 18:4

You said you could prove them wrong. Good luck.

2. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Here Are Just A Few More

From The New International Version Of The Bible:
    Old Testament:
    Jeremiah 31-9: I am Israel's father and Ephraim is my first born son
    Exodus 4-22:Then say to pharaoh: Israel is my first born son

New Testament:
    John 3-16: For God so loved the world He gave His one and only son
    Matthew5 44-48: But I tell: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you be sons of your Father in heaven
    Luke 3-38: The son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son Adam, the son of God

Just with what I presented you see the very clear case of contridiction on who was Gods first born as well as his only.

As-Salaam Alaikum

3. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    It’s a fly-back to this action and has something to do with this……

Gen :48:
    14: And Israel stretched out his right hand, and laid it upon Ephraim's head, who was the younger, and his left hand upon Manasseh's head, guiding his hands wittingly; for Manasseh was the firstborn.
    15: And he blessed Joseph, and said, God, before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walk, the God which fed me all my life long unto this day,
    16: The Angel which redeemed me from all evil, bless the lads; and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac; and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.
    17: And when Joseph saw that his father laid his right hand upon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held up his father's hand, to remove it from Ephraim's head unto Manasseh's head.
    18: And Joseph said unto his father, Not so, my father: for this is the firstborn; put thy right hand upon his head.
    19: And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his seed shall become a multitude of nations.

4. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    The contrididction is still there: Is Jesus G-D's one and only son or did G-d have many sons as the scriptures I provide say. Who was the first born? Do u see the confusion?

5. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    This probably means that he was a co-ruler(which was common)with his father in the 11th year and became the only ruler in the 12th year.

6. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    You are confused because you don't know the bible and how it is written.
    Let me try to clear up the confusion.

Jesus being God's only "son" means that he is his only begotten son , which means having a son that is of your seed . God did this through spiritual means not physical.

Another sense of the word "son" is someone who follows or accepts someone else as their father even though he may not be his physical. father.
    When a man adopts boy he becomes his father even though he is not his physical father.
    As Christians we are "born again" because we die to our old selves and become people in terms of our spirituality and because we accept God way of spirituality we become his spiritual children and he becomes our spiritual father .

7. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    It is not a contradiction it is a fly back to the text in Geneses. We see Israel doing the same thing with Ephraim, why? Because Ephraim is to become greater then his older brother.

As for GOD speaking the passage this is explained in ancestor worship and honoring what was spoken by Israel.

As for the New Testament and the numbers game, none of that stuff has anything to do with the Specific Word of GOD, that’s who you are trying to destroy or discredit. How you going to jump between two different books in an attempt to discredit GOD?

Only blind people allow other people to destroy or discredit GOD using words of Historians and Narration and try to pretend they are the word of GOD.

I will be the first to ask you; how is Narration and Historical writings the Word of GOD?

I have a book called American History, would you call it the word of GOD?

No because I am aware of the fly back text in which Israel called Ephraim his first-born and I am aware how our ancestors would deify (honor) words spoken by dead ancestors. The exact same thing is done in Egyptian writings.

Confusion dissolves with consciousness.

8. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115

9. Nasheed

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    I will Agree With You

Except for the statement of His seed. G-d speaks things into to existence/creates from his word. You and other Christians need to put a human factor on G-d to give your beliefs validity. G-D is above all human functions.

10. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15