Black Spirituality Religion : A C.H.A.N.G.E IS GONNA COME

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Leaky103, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Leaky103

Leaky103 Well-Known Member MEMBER

educator
    Ratings:
    +4
    This morning wehn you awoke, you completed the same routine tasks you do at the beginning of the day: pray, ate breakfast, brushed you teeth and showered. Imagine if for one split second, one of those tasks changed. Would you accept the change with open arms or would you rebel against it? Most of us will rebel because we are so complacent with our comfort zones that when a change does come in your face, you feel it's for the worse.

For instance, suppose you have a co-worker on your job who has been there for 25 years but today is this person's last day of employment because management has decided to terminate their position. A few days later, this same management comes to you and informs you that you will be taking over the former employee's job responsibilities. Of cours, your first concern is "do I earn more money?" When management says you can expect a 10% salary increase, you begin thinking "with that increase, I would have more work when I just wanted the increase in pay." Instead of concentrating on what you perceive as obtaining more work, look at it as God taking you closer to HIS next level. You are being placed in this position because God felt it was time for you to receive HIS grace.

Now, let's revisit your former co-worker. The employees who remain in their positions will understandly be upset and begin panicking about their own security. But, say this person became burnt out after spending so many years in that company in that position. This may have become a blessing for her to begin working on things that makes her happy. She may have had goals of becoming an interior decorator or a restaurant owner. This may have been the push to take her to HIS destiny for her. You see God is not going to leave you stranded. We just have to open our eyes when new things are revolving around us because there are blessings in change.

Changes are inevitable whether it occurs in your physical life or in your heart. HE will step in and Conquer the Harmful Attitude you possess that has Nullify God's Expectations of yourself

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Thank you very much for sharing this!

It was just the message/lesson I needed today.

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,325
    The greatest change, I believe, is one's belief and faith. Changing from disbelief or indifference to belief, and changing from lack of faith to fully devoted in faith. In the end, this is what gains you to the Father through the justification of the Son; this is what gains us to life.

When we allow to let the Father give us understanding because of our faith in the Son who died for us, because of our belief in His resurrection back to life, because of His kind mercies and boundless love, we are much better off, and no change done for the Father will be fearful anymore.