Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : A brotha with no more tolerance for weaves/wigs

Being a now native of the DMV area, where specifically can I find them? They are sure not around me.

KWABENA

KARIBU books(my old stomping ground) ital restuarants in baltimore...Ethiopian restaurants, Vegan restaurants, the local Co-op, open mic nights at local bars...there are loads of natural hair salons in DC and MD,they are always booked and very expensive- they must be doing someone's hair.

Did you go to the DC carnival?

I can't take it anymore. Where are the black women with self esteem? Where are the black women who know their natural hair is beautiful? I see a few on this forum but none in the real world unless they are from another country. Weaves/wigs (especially wigs) say to me "I want to be attractive and my natural hair is not". If I wanted a woman with long straight hair I'd go to the ones born with it and they are not black. It's getting increasingly harder to find a black woman with self esteem.

So what is the equivalent expression of low self-esteem, etc. for men? I see this subject come up all the time, as if women are the only ones affected by the causes. Let's be fair. Ladies, what do you see as the equivalent expression in men?

So what is the equivalent expression of low self-esteem, etc. for men? I see this subject come up all the time, as if women are the only ones affected by the causes. Let's be fair. Ladies, what do you see as the equivalent expression in men?
This isn't a "you're this/if I'm that" thing, it's simply the reason why weaves and wigs are worn. Our people have low self esteem period, it's not just women. We need to fix all of it.

To some degree, it's a woman's preference and has nothing to do with her self esteem. Personally, I love my natural hair and I do straighten it time to time, however I'm vibing at the time is how I wear it. Forget about society, our own people can be our worst enemies and make it hard for a woman to rock her natural locks down to the man she's intimate with. On the flip side, I have seen men cover up their swagger, tone down their strength or not comment on an issue and become a "yes man", when really he would rather challenge the arguement.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back