Black People : A Black Person Would NEVER Do That!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Peace and Blessings Family,

It seems that most everything white people do ... all the low down ugly, deranged, debauchery, psychotic behaviors they engage in ... you can find some of us doing it too.

Is this true?

Thinking of the thread ... Methamphetamine Use Amongst Black People ? ... and this one ... Folk Are Killing Themselves ... for within them, many are saying that Black People won't get caught up in it, like white people ... but i'm still afraid that far too many of our people will ... eventually ... if we follow behind them, as we have done countless times.

Is there anything ugly that they do ... that we as a people ... have resisted doing, even though we could do it?

I'm just wondering Family.

I'm hoping there is something we can name ... that we have never done, that they do.

Is there a place in the sand, where we drew the line? ... if so ... where?

Can we say ... "A Black Person Would NEVER do that!" ... and if so, what is that?

Thanks in advance for sharing!

:heart:

Destee

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    :jumping: :jumping: :jumping: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

I thought of something FAMILY !!!! :great: :great: :great:

Oh Gosh ... i'm so afraid someone is going to bust my bubble though ... ooouuuuuu !!!!

Well ... i think it's safe to say that Black Rappers don't talk about their Mommas ... like that white rapper did!

I think that is a line drawn in the sand !!! :toast: :toast: :toast:

Oh My Gosh ... please ... don't anyone tell me there is a Brother or Sister out there, talking about his own Momma, on a cd, gett'n paid to break her heart, all out in front of the world ... please yall ... don't tell me that this has happened?!

Okay ... do you all get the idea now ... ??

I want to know of the things that exist ... that our core being will simply not allow for.

:jumping: :jumping: :jumping: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!!! :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

:heart:

Destee

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I hope i don't get blasted for this but i think well i'll wait !

but it's hard because we have step in every footstep they made
    pulling a copy cat mode as whites .

here is another we will never do that whites allowed and let be done
    They go with this time out faze with there children and how they allow
    then to swear/cuss at them , we will never do that for we know our lips
    will be on swoll or have none at all .

4. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    well... some type of things I havent seen yet and cant imagine seeing... the rediculous/pointless world records.. travel the world on someone elses dime because you can put on the most t-shirts :lol:.. or eat the most stinging nettles in 2 minutes.. or travel to the northpole and jump nekkid in freezing water to swim 100 meters under ice without dying...

I mean, thus far when I hear of such things I never have to think "oh, I hope he's not black" cause he never is :lol:

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    except when they be rollin with they homies and you just know they strapped! it hurts watching my niece's children cussin they mom's! and going all the way there, even unto the b-word ...

"we've" allowed these lyrics to flourish in the media so it seems that the words are now just common usage with no thought or remembrance of/to the meanings.

i would have thought that we wouldn't steal the legacy of a woman's children after she and he have passed on ... i'm still hurting over that loss ... 50 years of family history/memories snatched by a gold digger that is two years older than my father. sometimes i kinda wish i didn't have the reverence for elders that my parents instilled in me ... every time i encounter that close to a "killing rage" in myself, i just shut down; i won't do it. and until i can think about the loss without going there, i guess this black woman will just have gotten away with it ... i won't contemplate that and i haven't yet managed to get clear enough to consider approaching this country's "justice" system. figure it would be like a black woman saying a prominent white guy raped her; can you imagine how she must feel when she gets grilled?
    oops! sorry about that ...

as much of their media as we have swallowed, i'm not sure that there is anything left.

but i pray that we find something ... (thanks zulile)

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    So true in fact as i'm thinking many black rappers do talk about there mommas beyond calling there name
    when they display sisters and women in these videos and talking about women is like talking bout ya very own sister & momma !

they just use a different style to bring it out so no one can see it but hooray it !

7. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    we are america's stepchildren,and as such we've been conditioned to act a certain way,yes we follow the same sad patterns as white america,think not...remember the sniper a few years back,black folks were saying that at least they can't pin that one on us but surprise surprise, i hate to say it but there's not anything that ol massa does that his stepchillen won't try....it's ingrained in us.

8. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    BINGO

that's all it is

following the leader or oppressor in this case

you know KEITA said you tend to take on the M.O. of the oppressor
    from conditioning

anytime you're "closed in" you adapt you adapt to your surrounding area
    it almost becomes a reflex of sort, no thought process whatsoever

great point OLDIESMAN

9. Bootzey

Bootzey Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Don't Ask
    Ratings:
    +865
    I blame intergration. It changed us as a people. Before we had our own identities and our own way of doing things. Now we try to imitate the devil because we think it will give us the things he has and it hasn't. If anything we have lost a bit of our souls, most definately our children and the little bit of the culture we did have. Some of us look like white folks with tans with our weaves, blue contacts and valley girl accents.

10. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,587
    I should wait too but :lol: growing up one of the things to remember is "shooting the dozens" and this typically consisted in numerous battles of "Your Momma this and Your Momma that" verbal attacks. Got so bad at times it would lead to fights.

I cant remember a cae in the media where a Black entertainer talked about his or her Momma to the same extent that Eminem disrespected his momma but I agree with brother Rich concerning the depiction of Black women in rap videos. Way over the line. These are even worse than Eminen because Em was storytelling, speaking about what he experienced growing up. And if his momma was a crackhead or whore thats what she was.