Black People Politics : A Black American President?

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Ledda, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Do any of you think we'll ever see a Black American President in our lifetime? And if so or if not, "why?" If so do you think he'd represent our people fairly or play into white America's image and what they'd want him to be? Do you think he's be black or biracial, playing off his African-American heritage? Do you think we'll see a Latin or Asian-American become president before a black man? What about a black woman? Will a black person ever be presented on U.S currency? If so what would it be worth? Or will this world end before that'll ever happen?

2. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Nobody, but nobody makes a real "success" out of anything in this society unless they are "acceptable" to white people. If it happens any time soon, I wouldn't hold out much hope for them to be completely "down with the struggle". Sure, they'll have to talk a mighty mean game, but two or two and a half years in and the song will be a bit different. if it happened, he might even be black with a full head of nappy hair just to make it look good.

latin or asian; more than likely before. black woman might even beat out those two, and maybe even a black man. then again, a woman might beat out all three of them, maybe even the black woman. probably asian first, tho. after all, they appear to have a bunch of money: have y'all got lots of little asian strip malls popping up all over the place?

has anyone alive ever been presented on money? are any that have been not presidents?

on the other hand; the whole "scarcity-based economic business model" is sillier than the idea of humans differentiated by color. (for those without the patented "Secret Agent Decoder Ring(tm)", i'm saying that the whole idea of "money" is something that this earth did without just fine for hundreds of millions of years, and everybody/thing was able to get what they needed without it.) but, don't mind me; i only believe in the Family of Life.

3. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Asians and Latinos are not as politically active or conscious as Black Americans, so I doubt one would be in office before a black man or woman.

As far as a black person being president in my lifetime... it's possible, but at this point in time the person would be so much of a Tom that their presidency wouldn't do much to affect the black community.

4. AHMOSE

AHMOSE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Mechanical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +9
    The country is not readyl for a black president. We have some states that have never had a black govenor. We as a people must unite and ralley around our leaders. I'm not ruling out that it couldnt happen. :thinking:

5. Ledda

Ratings:
    +4
    has anyone alive ever been presented on money? are any that have been not presidents?

Susan B. Anthony dollars and the Gold dollar with the Native-American lady and baby on it.

6. Ledda

Ratings:
    +4
    There's an article in the New York Daily News today that Damon Dash says he's going to run for president. (?)

7. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, that's all we need, a hip hop mogul running for president. I'm sure he'll do wonders for the black community. After all, he did come out with Armadale vodka.

I don't think there will be a black president anytime soon. I think there will be a black democratic nominee in my lifetime, but I don't think they'll win the whole election. When it comes down to it, there are too many white people that would have a problem with it simply because it's a black person. Even on the democratic side (where the black nominee would more than likely come from) there are white people that don't want to see a black president. There would have to be an overwhelming minority support for this nominee across the board of America because I don't think too many white folks are going to support a black nominee, no matter what he/she is saying. If it does happen, it will be someone that might as well be white anyways. Someone that is so far separated from black people that he would be absolutely no threat to what this country stands for.

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    bETTER HIM THAN CONDALEEZA RICE! THEY'RE ACTUALLY TALKING OF HER RUNNING IN 2008.

WILL SMITH HINTED HE MIGHT RUN.

WHO EVER IT IS WOULDNT BE REAL, THEY'D EITHER BE A HOUSE NEGROE, (CONDALEEZA RICE) A POVERTY PIMP (DAMON DASH) OR A LOUD MOUTH MINSTREL BAFOON (WILL SMITH).

9. havilandks

havilandks Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    What would be expected of a Black President.

Considering if this happened that he/she was elected by a majority of the population/electorial votes? Not meaning any of the above mentioned candidates.

What would be expected of a black president?

Do they elevate the Black viewpoint or do what they can to bring it up to equal? Also realizing that they wont be able to do anything if the house/senate does not cooperate.

I think it would be unrealistic to believe that they would support everything black related. They still have as a priority running the country.

Other thoughts solicited

10. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    A black president would be inaffective, because he would be forced to defend every decision he makes. I agree, Damon Dash would be a poverty pimp.

That's my "BIG" opinion.