Black Spirituality Religion : A BIBLICAL DISCOURSE ON HOMOSEXUALITY...

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Aqil, Aug 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    A Curse, Without Cause, Cannot Occur...

The 2nd verse of the 26th chapter of the book of Proverbs reads as follows: “As the sparrow by wandering; as the swallow by flying, so the curse that is causeless lighteth not.” In other words, a curse, without cause, cannot occur. Inculcated within this Biblical injunction is the universal law of cause and effect.

For example, the horrible bubonic plague that occurred in medieval Europe was a curse; people living in filth was the cause. The terrible swine flu virus that killed 20 million people worldwide in 1918 was a curse; the slaughtering and eating of swine flesh was the cause [see Leviticus 11:7-8]. The deadly AIDS virus – discovered in 1981 – is a curse; homosexuality is the cause. A curse occurs whenever the laws of God are disobeyed over a prolonged period of time...

As long as certain members of society continue to disobey the laws of God that are found in the Old Testament of the Holy Bible, the deadly disease AIDS – which is seemingly incurable – will continue to ravage and plague this land and the world, leaving death in its wake as it begins to reach epidemic proportions...

There are two things that are forbidden by God in ALL the holy books of the world (i.e., The Holy Bible, The Holy Qur’an, The Hindu Vedic Scriptures, The Bhagavad Gita and The Torah). They are: the eating of swine flesh (pork) and the practice of homosexuality. In the Bible the law regarding the sins of homosexuality can be found in the book of Leviticus 18:22-30, which reads as follows:

“Thou shalt not lie down with mankind as with womankind; it is an abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto; it is confusion.

Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things, for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: And the land is defiled; therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, or any stranger that sojourneth among you (for all these abominations have the men done that were before you, and the land is defiled), so that the land spew not you out also - when ye defile it - as it spewed out the nations that were before you.

For whosoever shall commit them shall be cut off from their people. Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye shall not commit any of these abominable customs which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein. I am the Lord your God.”

(Leviticus 18:22-30, The Common Bible, RSV)

We must be realistic in attempting to solve the problem of the deadly disease AIDS. Encouraging the public to use condoms is absurd. This is tantamount to saying that it is alright to indulge in homosexual activity and have anal intercourse, but use condoms! This is immoral foolishness...

A better way of solving the problem is to isolate these abnormal people, i.e., put all homosexuals and lesbians together in some separate, designated area. As a result they will soon become extinct, because neither of these groups believe in the propagation of the human species. The fact is, homosexuals and lesbians need society, but society does not need homosexuals and lesbians...

Remember, AIDS is a curse, and a curse, without cause, cannot occur...

2. imhotep35

imhotep35 Active Member MEMBER

physician
    Ratings:
    +2
    Immorality is not limited to homosexuals

To be a Christian is simply to try to be Christ like. Such a scathing scapegoating of one segment of our society, viz. homosexuals with platitudes found in the Scriptures does no one any good. The power of prayer - praying that those who have strayed from the admonitions in Scripture might return to compliance and obedience is more fruitful, I believe. Of course, homosexuality is sinful. So is promiscuity, fornication and a host of other addictive behaviors. We are sinful by nature. The purpose of the Scriptural bans serves to show us how much we need a Savior. We are convicted - already - by the Scriptures.
    As a matter of fact, the scourge of AIDS is killing heterosexuals at an even greater rate as the mode of transmission is not limited to sexual behavior. Innocent victims, namely our African American females, are growing in number. It is currently the number one killer of black women between the ages of 20-30.
    I would be slow is passing judgment on others. To do so asks for the same or worse on ourselves. Judgment is for the Lord. Let us hope that through repentance and atonement, all can find comfort in the shadow of Jesus Christ. We all fall short of true glory. So no one can boast or condemn. God hates the sin, not the sinner.

3. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    Let me introduce you to an Islamic perspective on homosexuality:

In a Hadith (literally meaning "narrative" or "report") Abu Hurairah, a companion of Prophet Muhammad (saw), relates that the Messenger of Allah said: "If you find someone who is committing an act of liwat (i.e., homosexuality), kill the one on top and the one below..."

In another statement by the Prophet (saw) he says to "kill the doer and the one with whom the act is committed..."

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Aqil ... I can't help but ask ...

If you walked in on two men having sexual relations with each
    other, would you kill them?

5. Aqil

Ratings:
    +114
    My best answer...

I would have them executed...

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Aqil ... you know i could press and say, that's not what the Hadith requires ... but you have said it is your best answer and it does ultimately result in the same end ... so i won't press. Thanks for the response because i felt like you might not respond at all (a small part of me felt that way, the overwhelming majority of me knew that you would).

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    homosexuality

simply whom am i to judge one fate
    forth death be not
    ye thou all is forgiven
    except self murder.......

if all this is true then the world is bout at it's end
    so much wickedness within

8. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    Kemet,

in the Christian canon, there is no stipulation of "stoning one for being gay" but the culture of the time in which the canon was scribe well showed that such a consequence would occur. But we do see that in the OT there was not an acceptance of homosexuality. It is clear right from the book of Genesis in story of Sodom:

The main chapters in the Old and New Testament that deal with the issue of homosexuality are:

Old Testament: Leviticus 18:22, 29; 20:13; Genesis 19 (see also Genesis 18 for the context and problem of unrighteousness that existed in Sodom and Gomorrah).

New Testament: Romans 1:26-27 (Both lesbian and homosexual activities are condemned in these verses and shown as a further result of turning away from God. God only approves of monogamous, heterosexual relationships in marriage, condemning fornication and adultery before marriage and within marriage.); 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:10; and see also Jude 7.

just some added support for your comments...

9. dnommo

dnommo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher of English, Literature & Poetry
    Ratings:
    +15
    here is the answer to some average questions about this issue. Bottom line is that homosexuality is a sin and that we, as beleivers, should follow in attempts to dispel such activity. The sin of homosexuality is larger than the faith in Jesus Christ simply because God spoke of it as an abomination before the birth of Christ. It was one of the first tenets that was delat with in the Old Testament. We should not come to the person in a convicting manner but we should make the effort to better their lives through belief in God. Homosexuality is wrong no matter how you look at it...

Calling Homosexuality a Sin Is Judging, and Judging Is a Sin.
    Josh McDowell says that the most often-quoted Bible verse used to be John 3:16, but now that tolerance has become the ultimate virtue, the verse we hear quoted the most is "Judge not, lest ye be judged." (Matt. 7:1) The person who calls homosexual activity wrong is called a bigot and a homophobe, and even those who don't believe in the Bible can be heard to quote the "Judge not" verse.
    When Jesus said "Do not judge, or you too will be judged," the context makes it plain that He was talking about setting ourselves up as judge of another person, while blind to our own sinfulness as we point out another's sin. There's no doubt about it, there is a grievous amount of self-righteousness in the way the church treats those struggling with the temptations of homosexual longings. But there is a difference between agreeing with the standard of Scripture when it declares homosexuality wrong, and personally condemning an individual because of his sin. Agreeing with God about something isn't necessarily judging.

Imagine I'm speeding down the highway, and I get pulled over by a police officer. He approaches my car and, after checking my license and registration, he says, "You broke the speed limit back there, ma'am." Can you imagine a citizen indignantly leveling a politically correct charge at the officer: "Hey, you're judging me! Judge not, lest ye be judged!'" The policeman is simply pointing out that I broke the law. He's not judging my character, he's comparing my behavior to the standard of the law. It's not judging when we restate what God has said about His moral law, either. What is sin is to look down our noses at someone who falls into a different sin than we do. That's judging.

Q. If homosexuality is such an abomination to God, why doesn't it disappear when someone becomes a Christian?

A. When we are born again, we bring with us all of our emotional needs and all of our old ways of relating. Homosexuality is a relational problem of meeting emotional needs the wrong way; it is not an isolated problem of mere sexual preference. With the power of the indwelling Spirit, a Christian can cooperate with God to change this unacceptable part of life. Some people--a very few-- are miraculously delivered from homosexual struggles. But for the majority, real change is slow. As in dealing with any besetting sin, it is a process, not an event. Sin's power over us is broken at the moment we are born again, but learning to depend on the Holy Spirit to say no to sin and yes to godliness takes time. 2 Cor 3:18 says, "We...are being transformed into His likeness from glory to glory." Transformation (this side of eternity!) is a process that takes a while. Life in a fallen world is a painful struggle. It is not a pleasant thing to have two oppositional natures at war within us!

Homosexuality is not one problem; it is symptomatic of other, deeper problems involving emotional needs and an unhealthy self- concept. Salvation is only the beginning of emotional health. It allows us to experience human intimacy as God intended us to, finding healing for our damaged emotions. It isn't that faith in Christ isn't enough; faith in Christ is the beginning.

Q. Are homosexuals condemned to hell?

A. Homosexuality is not a "heaven or hell" issue. The only determining factor is whether a person has been reconciled to God through Jesus Christ.

In 1 Cor 6, Paul says that homosexual offenders and a whole list of other sinners will not inherit the kingdom of God. But then he reminds the Corinthians that they have been washed, sanctified, and justified in Jesus' name. Paul makes a distinction between unchristian behavior and Christian behavior. He's saying, "You're not pagans anymore, you are a holy people belonging to King Jesus. Now act like it!"

If homosexuality doesn't send anyone to hell, then can the believer indulge in homosexual behavior, safe in his or her eternal security? As Paul said, "May it never be!" If someone is truly a child of God, he or she cannot continue sinful behavior that offends and grieves the Father without suffering the consequences. God disciplines those He loves.

Q. How do I respond when someone in my life tells me he or she is gay?

A. Take your cue from the Lord Jesus. He didn't avoid sinners; He ministered grace and compassion to them--without ever compromising His commitment to holiness. Start by cultivating a humble heart, especially concerning the temptation to react with judgmental condescension. As Billy Graham said, "Never take credit for not falling into a temptation that never tempted you in the first place."

Seek to understand your gay friends' feelings. Are they comfortable with their gayness, or bewildered and resentful of it? Understanding people doesn't mean that you have to agree with them --but it is the best way to minister grace and love in a difficult time. Accept the fact that, to this person, these feelings are normal. You can't change their minds or their feelings. Too often, parents will send their gay child to a counselor and say, "Fix him." It just doesn't work that way.

As a Christian, you are a light shining in a dark place. Be a friend with a tender heart and a winsome spirit; the biggest problem of homosexuals is not their sexuality, but their need for Jesus Christ. At the same time, pre-decide what your boundaries will be about what behavior you just cannot condone in your presence. One college student I know excuses herself from a group when the affection becomes physical; she just gets up and leaves. It is all right to be uncomfortable around blatant sin; you do not have to subject yourself--and the Holy Spirit within you--to what grieves Him. Consider how you would be a friend to people who are living promiscuous heterosexual lives. Like the Lord, we need to value and esteem the person without condoning the sin.

10. j'hiah

j'hiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +70
    Aqil,

in the words of Jesus Christ (the messiah, saviour, etc...)

"let he who is w/o sin cast the first stone."

who are you or anybody to execute or desire execution of another, seeing that you yourself are a sinner also.
    Maybe you're not a homosexual, but you're something else.

true, in the Old Testament (namely the Torah) God issued a death penalty for the immoral acts of homosexuality under LAW,
    however.. HOWEVER if you know the bible (God's living word)
    then you would understand that we are under GRACE.

even Christ said,
    "i have come for mercy and not sacrifice."
    trust, many homosexuals b/c of this grace have converted into the natural design/order of creation (Donnie Mcclurkin for one). Yet you and your blood sickening mentality not of Christ would rather sacrifice instead of have mercy. but i don't stone you, i just don't condone you.

i am thankful to the Most High God that he has mercy on all men (including you) regardless of their sins.
    As King David said "if you o God should mark iniquity, who will stand??"
    but he doesn't mark iniquity.

if i must i will clearly explain why such laws and penalties were stiff in the old testament. to those who have the holy spirit it is plain to see what God has done.

please...PLEASE do not be so hasty to distort senselessly the word OR the ways of God w/o understanding..

peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.