Writing Discussion : "A Bad B . . .." by Sister Souljah

Asomfwaa

Nov 16, 2011
"Now a bad ***** is a woman who handles her business without making it seem like business. Only dumb girls let love get them delirious to the point where they let things that really count go undone. For example, you see a good-looking ***** walking down the avenue, you get excited. You get wet just thinking about him. You step to him, size him up, and you think, Looks good. You slide your eyes down to his zipper, check for the print. Inside you scream, Yes, it’s all there! But then you realize he’s not wearing a watch, ain’t carrying no car keys, no jewels, and he’s sporting last month’s sneakers. He’s broke as hell. A bad ***** realizes that she has two options: (1) She can take him home and get her groove on just to enjoy the sex and don’t get emotionally involved because he can’t afford her; or (2) She can walk away and leave his broke *** standing right there. Having a relationship is out. If a bad ***** is extra slick she can keep this guy on the side for the good sex. He then becomes a commercial to the money man who is the main program. The money man is the guy who knows how to provide, knows how to bring home the goodness and bless his woman with everything she wants. Now the money man might not be ringing any bells sexually, but if he has ends—if his pockets are heavy—a bad ***** will moan like this ***** is the original Casanova. When he’s sexing her, she’ll shake, pant, and cry out like he’s creating orgasms as strong as ocean waves."
-- Sister Souljah as Winter in “The Coldest Winter Ever”

A lot of Sisters read "The Coldest Winter Ever" and as I'm reading it I'm seeing why. The book is very excellent and Sister Souljah really puts you into the mindset of this young Sister as the consequences of vanity and individualism catch up with people in her environment. I really like this quotation. Especially since it makes me realize that to some people I may look really, really impoverished.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : Being hot from the hood is not good in any manner a plenty bandannas are worn by many car parked at the club but got a bad spark plug and my heart l Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
G Black Entertainment : Bad Bigot Volkswagen Commercial Black Entertainment 8
Kemetstry Black Entertainment : BAD BOYS Black Entertainment 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Eat Less Red Meat, Scientists Said. Now Some Believe That Was Bad Advice Black Health and Wellness 0
Z Black Relationships : Do people on twitter also think/say junior/freshman in college is bad as well? Black Relationships 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Trump warns of 'bad people' among Bahamas hurricane survivors Black People Open Forum 7
T Black Muslims : Retarded, Mentally Crippled, Outcast and Bad Breath Islam Study Group 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : Bad Diets Are Responsible For More Deaths Than Smoking, Global Study Finds Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Weight Loss : Eggs May Be Bad for the Heart, a New Study Says—But There's More to the Story Black Health and Wellness 0
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : RECEIVING ORAL SEX IS BAD FOR FEMALES Black Health and Wellness 5
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Crazy White People News Roundup: Swords, Shafts and Becky With the Bad Attitude Black Entertainment 0
R Black Poetry : “It's night time and it's a slight line between good and bad from the hood and mad, never informatio Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Sports : How bad are the Bills? Cornerback Vontae Davis retired at halftime on Sunday Black Sports 7
R Black Poetry : In VIRGINIA BEACH devastated as a car accelerated toward me had to duck that's just bad luck a sad c Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Mario William vitale Black Poetry : Last American Bad *** Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
IFE Black People : How bad is the opioid crisis? Morgues are literally out of room Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : An Ethanol Mandate Increase Would Be Bad News For Black America Black People Politics 0
Liberty Black Relationships : Bad Breakups Black Relationships 5
V Health and Wellness : Brother trapped in bad friendship Black Health and Wellness 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Food Discussion : 8 Genius Hacks to Keep Your Produce From Going Bad Food Discussion and Recipes 0
Liberty Black People Politics : Two Prominent Black Intellectuals Just Delivered More Bad News for Clinton Black People Politics 9
chuck Black People Politics : Us vs Them is Just a Bad Reaction: Not a Good Response! Black People Politics 0
Kemetstry Black Relationships : SCIENCE SAYS, YALL LIKE BAD BOYS Black Relationships 34
Liberty Black Women : Straight From His Mouth: Why Do Women Settle For Bad Sex In Relationships? Black Women 18
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Trump Says Americans Won’t Vote For Another Black President Because Obama Was So Bad Black People Politics 46
RAPTOR Black People : The Good, the Bad, and the Hypocrisy of The Every Child Achieves Act Black People Open Forum 0
jamesfrmphilly Black People : can a bad person create good art? Black People Open Forum 1
Al D Black Short Stories : Life Lessons (Good Wolf, Bad Wolf) Short Stories - Authors - Writing 3
RAPTOR Black People : Dr. John Henrik Clarke on "Big Bad Malcom X" Black People Open Forum 2
chuck Black People : The All Inclusive Nature Of The Internet: Good And Bad! Black People Open Forum 1
Clyde C Coger Jr Health and Wellness : A change of heart, cholesterol may not be as bad as once thought Black Health and Wellness 2
C Black Travel : I WANT TO GO TO BRAZIL SO BAD Black Travel 13
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People : Dollar Tree Buying Family Dollar Could Be Bad News For Wal-Mart and Dollar General Black People Open Forum 81
jamesfrmphilly Black People : bad parents? Black People Open Forum 4
RAPTOR Black People : USA: Bad Jobs Country Black People Open Forum 1
ManicRaider Black People : Is it bad that racism is the only thing that can upset me? Black People Open Forum 2
E Black People : Sandy Hook Expert Threatened for Challenging Narrative : Back Off Or Bad Things Could Happen! Black People Open Forum 0
CosmicMessenger Audio Video Web Conferencing : Albert King - Born Under A Bad Sign Audio Video Web Conferencing 2
PurpleMoons Audio Video Web Conferencing : Wale ft. Rihanna - Bad (Remix) - Lyrics on Screen Audio Video Web Conferencing 1
R Black People : Does "No String please" on youtube make black women look bad Black People Open Forum 5
Kemetstry Health and Wellness : xs OMEGA-3 MAY BE BAD FOR PROSTATE Black Health and Wellness 6
ru2religious Black Relationships : Bad Circumstances for good people. Black Relationships 14
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Who's the big bad Red Dragon of REV? AACOOLDRE 2
Gorilla Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Bad Rabbits - "Fall In Love" (Official Video) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Gorilla Audio Video Web Conferencing : destee.tv : Bad Rabbits "Can't Fool Me" (Official Video) Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Destee Black People Politics : Is North Korea as Bad as the Media Wants Us to Believe - or is America More Treacherous? Black People Politics 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : She's a Bad Mama Jama Black Entertainment 11
Vincent Stacy Henry Black Short Stories : Bad Ideas keep coming... Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
RAPTOR Black People : Susan Rice: "She's bad for Gongo" Black People Open Forum 1
A Audio Video Web Conferencing : Motivation: How Bad Do You Want It? Audio Video Web Conferencing 0