Africa : A “Go Back to Africa” media campaign uses AI to boost African American tourism

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

A “Go Back to Africa” media campaign uses AI to boost African American tourism

The company recently partnered with FCB/SIX, a data-driven creative agency, to create an AI platform which collects real time social media posts of black travelers throughout the continent.

Haleluya Hadero
Quartz

1562855379406.png

Last edited:

Al D

We become that which we repeatedly do..
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
I see that it's founders are a couple of brothers Eric Martin and Kent Johnson. This may be a helpful way to generate more interests in Africa from our brother and sisters. If anyone is interested in Partnership opportunities, here is a link Black and Abroad.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
I see that it's founders are a couple of brothers Eric Martin and Kent Johnson. This may be a helpful way to generate more interests in Africa from our brother and sisters. If anyone is interested in Partnership opportunities, here is a link Black and Abroad.
Thanks Al D. Too bad they have a relationship with Norwegian Airlines. I guess no one told them about the Joanne Wickenden incident.

Al D

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Thanks Al D. Too bad they have a relationship with Norwegian Airlines. I guess no one told them about the Joanne Wickenden incident.
Hey SOA, I had no idea who she is but she appears to be just another white woman that is fascinated with the size of a Black man's sex organs.
I'm pretty sure that these brothers have performed their due diligence and wouldn't put themselves in a position that they felt would be detrimental to their business..

Al D

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Well, 'Black & Abroad' certainly sounds better.
Hello Chevron, "Black and Abroad" does sound better.. It's the "Go" that makes it comes off as an innuendo for some. Personally, I feel folks are just way too sensitive aside from taking things out of context.. It's only derogatory if it's meant that way!

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Hello Chevron, "Black and Abroad" does sound better.. It's the "Go" that makes it comes off as an innuendo for some. Personally, I feel folks are just way too sensitive aside from taking things out of context.. It's only derogatory if it's meant that way!
Yes, I agree in that it is only derogative if it's deliberate and meant to be racist.
I think that in so many situations there will always be negative people but as long as the leaders in our government do not support it then it should not be taken to heart.

Al D

PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 24, 2015
Florida
africafifth.net
Occupation
Retired Business Owner
Yes, I agree in that it is only derogative if it's deliberate and meant to be racist.
I think that in so many situations there will always be negative people but as long as the leaders in our government do not support it then it should not be taken to heart.
Hey Chevron, apparently the company is rebranding the narrative associated with the term GO Back to Africa to present it in a positive light since the term is used over 4500 times a month on social media in a deraogative context. So, These brothers and their company Black and Abroad have partnered with a firm that will redact any Go Back to Africa post on social media with some positive content about Africa. Redefining the Go Back to Africa Negative Narrative

Chevron Dove

May 7, 2009
Hey Chevron, apparently the company is rebranding the narrative associated with the term GO Back to Africa to present it in a positive light since the term is used over 4500 times a month on social media in a deraogative context. So, These brothers and their company Black and Abroad have partnered with a firm that will redact any Go Back to Africa post on social media with some positive content about Africa. Redefining the Go Back to Africa Negative Narrative
Now that is good news. 4500 times!?

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: