Black Spirituality Religion : 90% of Black People are Christians?

I don't believe that it is that big a percentage. And I don't know anyone who abhors christians as people, only THE RELIGION OF CHRISTIANITY BECAUSE IT KEEPS US ENSLAVED.The people who experience disdain from those of us whom are not Christian do so because of their PERSONAL CHARACTER (or lack thereof) NOT their belief in Christianity.

Haha, funny. I know plenty who hate Christians for being Christian, regardless of personal character.

There are some who, no matter how kind you act toward them, no matter what words you speak, unless you show a disdain for the Word as they do, will have a hatred in their heart toward everything you do. With them, there's no winning, only losing, because such individuals are hard-hearted and judgmental as they claim many Christians are, themselves. They certainly want no unity, unless it is with the hypocrites of a like mind. It's what I've come to learn.

However, there are those who are very kind regardless of ones belief. Brother Enki comes to mind. He holds no grudges, and doesn't act as if you're holding one against him, just because you're Christian. :)

As for the 90 percent thing; I figured it was for blacks in America, and not world wide, because that would seem a bit... inflated. I do believe many claim the title but refuse to actually live it, so I imagine it is smaller than that, but far be it from me to say who is and who isn't, exactly, for I don't judge like that.

Peace and Blessings Family,

Brother Tribal House said in another thread the following:

Prior to the above, i don't believe i've ever seen any percentages regarding such things.

90% is a very big number. If it is true, for those who abhor Christians, do you realize that's 90% of your own people?!

Can we unite, overcome, do anything substantive, without 90% of our people? Or even 95%, as many feel disdain for Muslims as well.

Can we afford to throw the Christian Sister or Brother away, or must we figure out a way for us all to work together?

Can the remaining 5% ... those that fall in the "everything else" category ... do it all?

I'd imagine that the last 5%, the "everything else", is divided amongst several different paths, that don't all agree with each other.

Reducing even further, any hope of collective unity, if the majority are rendered useless.

90% of Black People are Christians? That's an astounding number.

I wonder how close to true, it is.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Well, if the numbers are true, as far as the US is concerned, it seems as if the 5% perhaps may have been disregarded by Christians, so what is the point?

Only about 5% of the Africans brought to the US as a result of the trans Atlantic skavery trade were brought to the US as well. That 5% has survived with virtually no relationship to the 95% remaining in the Diaspora, so who is to say by comparison that non Christian Blacks cannot survive as well?

Who needs a stuff necked group of people who are fundamentally judgemental, religiously intolerant and express a disdain and contempt for those who do not share their "faith"?

Well, if the numbers are true, as far as the US is concerned, it seems as if the 5% perhaps may have been disregarded by Christians, so what is the point?

Only about 5% of the Africans brought to the US as a result of the trans Atlantic skavery trade were brought to the US as well. That 5% has survived with virtually no relationship to the 95% remaining in the Diaspora, so who is to say by comparison that non Christian Blacks cannot survive as well?

Who needs a stuff necked group of people who are fundamentally judgemental, religiously intolerant and express a disdain and contempt for those who do not share their "faith"?

Oh Gosh Brother O ... you gonna make me get out a calculator and history book ... :eeek:

Stuff necked group of people ... ?? ... :eeek: ... uhhhh ... i take it you don't like Christians ... :look:

It's all good in the hood ... i was quote'n a Brother and we problee both wrong ... :imout: ... :love:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back