Black Spirituality Religion : 90% of Black People are Christians?

I've grown up in the church and I've seen a lot of BS go down...In the christian school that I went too and the churches that I've attended.

wow..So, does THAT make YOU "better than other Black Christians?"

Well, you don't have a monopoly on those experiences.

I GREW UP in the church as well....Sunday School, Church (ALL DAY), B.T.U. (Baptist Training Union), EVENING service, singing in the CHOIR, church organizations, USHERING, involved with church programs, PRESENTATIONS,....SPEECHES...etc...

I, too, have attended so-called "Christian" schools...one a Catholic school (after segregation) in which I was ONE of TWO Black children in the whole school, K thru 12. (And, being raised BAPTIST, this was DOUBLY culturally and religiously shocking to me.).... I experienced the OVERT racism of White teachers and students who didn't want Black children there AND the religious confusion of Catholicism.

....and, later, at another "Christian" school (not Catholic), I was ONE of THREE Blacks in the whole school....which, by then, the racism had switched to a more COVERT operation.

Thankfully, I didn't stay at either school long and returned to schools where I was with more of MY PEOPLE....

As I grew older, I also LEFT my family's home church because of some things there that I didn't feel were good for my spiritual growth....and I joined another church where I did feel I could grow. (and yeah, that decision made some folks "upset" but I didn't care about that....I went where I felt I could grow spiritually.)

Throughout my life, where ever I had lived, I have "shopped around" and "church-hopped" LOOKING for a Bible-teaching Church...a church where I feel welcomed...a church where I can receive some spiritual "MEAT."

If I go to a church, and I'm not feelin' it there....I don't go back.

But, I don't go around, outta ONE SIDE OF MY MOUTH saying, "We all fall short. We're all sinners."

...And outta the OTHER SIDE of my mouth, calling other Christians "HYPOCRITES" and describing myself as a "Christian who doesn't like other Christians."

A Christian who doesn't like other Christians ......

....and talkin' bout how MANY Christians are REAL Christians and how many aren't.

So, I'll ask again, "What makes YOU better than any other Black Christian?"

What makes YOU a better Christian than those in your mother's church?....or the ones who left it?

Perhaps, this title should be "What makes you better than any other Black CHRISTIAN?"

What Makes You Better Than Any Other Black Person?

Peace and Blessings Family,

We see it all the time, where one Sister or Brother attacks another, as if they are smarter, wiser, better than the one they are attacking.

As this phenomena continues to overwhelm us ... our attacking (even killing) each other ... I wonder, what makes you better than another?

Do you bring something to the table that makes you better than any other Sister or Brother? If so, what specifically is it?...

As CHRISTIANS, we are supposed to PRAY for one another, believers and non-believers, the back-sliders and the anointed, those IN and OUTSIDE the church.

....and I'm gonna pray for you....I'm going to pray that God takes this (seeming) ANGER from you....this (seeming) CHIP off your shoulder....and any other emotion or thought that would keep you from the church and other Christians and your present feelings about other Christians.

wow..So, does THAT make YOU "better than other Black Christians?"

Well, you don't have a monopoly on those experiences.

I GREW UP in the church as well....Sunday School, Church (ALL DAY), B.T.U. (Baptist Training Union), EVENING service, singing in the CHOIR, church organizations, USHERING, involved with church programs, PRESENTATIONS,....SPEECHES...etc...

I, too, have attended so-called "Christian" schools...one a Catholic school (after segregation) in which I was ONE of TWO Black children in the whole school, K thru 12. (And, being raised BAPTIST, this was DOUBLY culturally and religiously shocking to me.).... I experienced the OVERT racism of White teachers and students who didn't want Black children there AND the religious confusion of Catholicism.

....and, later, at another "Christian" school (not Catholic), I was ONE of THREE Blacks in the whole school....which, by then, the racism had switched to a more COVERT operation.

Thankfully, I didn't stay at either school long and returned to schools where I was with more of MY PEOPLE....

As I grew older, I also LEFT my family's home church because of some things there that I didn't feel were good for my spiritual growth....and I joined another church where I did feel I could grow. (and yeah, that decision made some folks "upset" but I didn't care about that....I went where I felt I could grow spiritually.)

Throughout my life, where ever I had lived, I have "shopped around" and "church-hopped" LOOKING for a Bible-teaching Church...a church where I feel welcomed...a church where I can receive some spiritual "MEAT."

If I go to a church, and I'm not feelin' it there....I don't go back.

But, I don't go around, outta ONE SIDE OF MY MOUTH saying, "We all fall short. We're all sinners."

...And outta the OTHER SIDE of my mouth, calling other Christians "HYPOCRITES" and describing myself as a "Christian who doesn't like other Christians."

....and talkin' bout how MANY Christians are REAL Christians and how many aren't.

So, I'll ask again, "What makes YOU better than any other Black Christian?"

What makes YOU a better Christian than those in your mother's church?....or the ones who left it?

As CHRISTIANS, we are supposed to PRAY for one another, believers and non-believers, the back-sliders and the anointed, those IN and OUTSIDE the church.

....and I'm gonna pray for you....I'm going to pray that God takes this (seeming) ANGER from you....this (seeming) CHIP off your shoulder....and any other emotion or thought that would keep you from the church and other Christians and your present feelings about other Christians.

OMG!!!!! What are you reading?? Where did I ever say I was better than other Christians? I said I had faults....

Don't try and twist my words...or put words in my mouth that I did not say....

Womp womp

Talk to me when you stop reading what you want to read....

I won't even bother reading the rest of what you wrote because it's probably more misinterpretations.....

OMG!!!!! What are you reading?? Where did I ever say I was better than other Christians? I said I had faults....

Don't try and twist my words...or put words in my mouth that I did not say....

Womp womp

Talk to me when you stop reading what you want to read....

I won't even bother reading the rest of what you wrote because it's probably more misinterpretations.....

peace

I won't even bother reading the rest of what you wrote because it's probably more misinterpretations
- you see the effect your name has on people......

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back