Black Spirituality Religion : 90% of Black People are Christians?

It is not the religion/christianity that will UNITE us, it is our perceptions, our perceptions need to change and get back to the way it used to be. For a long time now, when it comes to each other, black people have been going through a horrible way of perceiving things about ourselves as well as each other. Back in the days when we had our Rosewoods, our own black owned and operated community's (and we had more than one) most of us were Christians then but I say again, at that time, it was not the religion that united us, it was our strong love for each other as a community, that united us. Black people at one time, succeeded in doing a lot of things that to most folk these days is un heard of. During slavery I would say, we were more united than anything and the love we had for each other was strong, we don't have that same love today. Why is that? What happen to us? How come we can't unite long enough to have many more black owned township? Have we given up on ourselves, hence each other and are unable to find our way back to that love for each other as a community? We have been beat up on, stepped on , robbed, killed and completely sabotaged so much by our enemy, that in a sense, we got tired and gave up on ourselves, as well as each other. So I say again, religion is not what united black people in the past and it is not what will unite black people today. Religion is what black people fell back on, once they gave up on themselves and each other. Actually, religion became an excuse to leave it all up to God and not doing anything about our current conditions because each time we do any way, we get sabotaged so let's just let God handle things. So you see, our perceptions have really changed. We don't have no love for each other and that is what our problem ultimately is.

Astrologer4U

In the Spirit of Sankofa!

It is not the religion/christianity that will UNITE us, it is our perceptions, our perceptions need to change and get back to the way it used to be. For a long time now, when it comes to each other, black people have been going through a horrible way of perceiving things about ourselves as well as each other. Back in the days when we had our Rosewoods, our own black owned and operated community's (and we had more than one) most of us were Christians then but I say again, at that time, it was not the religion that united us, it was our strong love for each other as a community, that united us. Black people at one time, succeeded in doing a lot of things that to most folk these days is un heard of. During slavery I would say, we were more united than anything and the love we had for each other was strong, we don't have that same love today. Why is that? What happen to us? How come we can't unite long enough to have many more black owned township? Have we given up on ourselves, hence each other and are unable to find our way back to that love for each other as a community? We have been beat up on, stepped on , robbed, killed and completely sabotaged so much by our enemy, that in a sense, we got tired and gave up on ourselves, as well as each other. So I say again, religion is not what united black people in the past and it is not what will unite black people today. Religion is what black people fell back on, once they gave up on themselves and each other. Actually, religion became an excuse to leave it all up to God and not doing anything about our current conditions because each time we do any way, we get sabotaged so let's just let God handle things. So you see, our perceptions have really changed. We don't have no love for each other and that is what our problem ultimately is.

Astrologer4U

Astrology4U,

Very powerful insight you have posted up, for real. At Destee.com, we now have another black community; in fact, Sister Destee has afforded us, as black people, participation in the cyberspace revolution, on the other side of the digital divide.

In my view, it is up to this family and its many members as to whether or not we love and embraced each other with respect, beginning right here, and allowing that same love to trickle down into our local communities. Not only is this controllable, doable and tenable within the confines of this Web Site, it is grass-roots and it is happening as we speak, type, talk and communicate (One Step Away From Greatness), what say you Astrologer4U?

Speaking to Religion is what black people fell back on, as you say, is up for slight debate in my opinion. Not all so-called Christians sit back and wait for God, for real. Ancestor Nat Turner, one of my favorites, easily comes to mind as a Preacher man of action:).

On our perceptions changing, my sister friend, you get no argument from me on that valid point, could it be that our current perception of each other is somehow tied in to self hate?

With All Due Respect...

Greetings, A4U

A4U Wrote: “It is not the religion/christianity that will UNITE us, it is our perceptions, our perceptions need to change and get back to the way it used to be. For a long time now, when it comes to each other, black people have been going through a horrible way of perceiving things about ourselves as well as each other. Back in the days when we had our Rosewoods, our own black owned and operated community's (and we had more than one) most of us were Christians then but I say again, at that time, it was not the religion that united us, it was our strong love for each other as a community, that united us. Black people at one time, succeeded in doing a lot of things that to most folk these days is un heard of. During slavery I would say, we were more united than anything and the love we had for each other was strong, we don't have that same love today. Why is that? What happen to us? How come we can't unite long enough to have many more black owned township? Have we given up on ourselves, hence each other and are unable to find our way back to that love for each other as a community? We have been beat up on, stepped on , robbed, killed and completely sabotaged so much by our enemy, that in a sense, we got tired and gave up on ourselves, as well as each other. So I say again, religion is not what united black people in the past and it is not what will unite black people today. Religion is what black people fell back on, once they gave up on themselves and each other. Actually, religion became an excuse to leave it all up to God and not doing anything about our current conditions because each time we do any way, we get sabotaged so let's just let God handle things. So you see, our perceptions have really changed. We don't have no love for each other and that is what our problem ultimately is.”

Lokman: Yours is a thermonuclear blast! You just killed a kilowatt of disinformation (surrounding this topic) with a kiloton of truth. You deserve a medal of honor for your acumen and insight....

Bounty & Blessings to You and Yours

Lokman

Hey sista Destee.

I feel you on this and would like to address three points.

I think the percentage is highly inflated. The term "christian" means different things to different people and folks will call themselves christian for different reasons. For some just being an American makes them a christian as opposed to being a Muslim or Buddhists or atheist. Then still some are afraid to say they are not christian. Even if they don't believe in Jesus the boldness of saying "no I'm not a christian" may be a level they don't feel ready for. I mean what will the neighbors say?

2. The goal of white supremacy is not to make us all Christians. Christianity is just a tool. The goal is, has been and always will be divide and conquer. This goal can be reached as much with the enlightened African as with the christian or Muslim African. It is the spirit of white supremacy in disguise that goes to the so-called conscious African and says see those Christians and Muslims? They don't know who they are. They serve the white man's god. You're above that. Beyond that. You don't have anything in common with them and you certainly can't work with them or accomplish anything with those sorry saps.

Why should I refuse to work with someone who doesn't share my concept of God? Nobody has seen God. We might be all equally wrong or all equally right because we worship the god that meets our needs. Because we have different needs we will have a different god. But that doesn't mean I can't work with you.

I have said this elsewhere but it bears saying again. white folks are the most disunified folks on earth. You put any 100 white folks in a room. The English will hate the Irish. The Catholics will hate the protestants. The republicans will hate the democrats. The brunettes will hate the blondes. The angloas will hate the saxons. But let one Black man enter that room...let him just look in the window. naw just hang the picture of a Black man on the wall and suddenly all they will know is they are white.

If we could put our differences aside when there is a common goal to acheive together then we will be united.

Knowamsane?

:toast:

I have said this elsewhere but it bears saying again. white folks are the most disunified folks on earth. You put any 100 white folks in a room. The English will hate the Irish. The Catholics will hate the protestants. The republicans will hate the democrats. The brunettes will hate the blondes. The angloas will hate the saxons. But let one Black man enter that room...let him just look in the window. naw just hang the picture of a Black man on the wall and suddenly all they will know is they are white.

If we could put our differences aside when there is a common goal to acheive together then we will be united.

Knowamsane?

:toast:

Yes, yes, YES! That is the solidarity we need with each other regardless of religion or spirituality.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back