Black People : 9 Year Old Commits Suicide: 'Wanted to Die' Because Brother Was Born

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
9 Year Old Commits Suicide: 'Wanted to Die' Because Brother Was Born

justice-williams.jpg

(Photo: Facebook)
Justice Williams, 9, committed suicide after the birth of her half-brother.

By Sami K. Martin , Christian Post Contributor
April 9, 2013|7:50 am
A 9-year-old girl was found dead in the bathroom of her home on Sunday evening, and her parents fear that jealousy of a new sibling caused the girl to take drastic measures.

Tamiqua Torres, the girl's mother, told the New York Daily News that her daughter, Justice, had told family members she "wanted to die" when she learned her mother was pregnant for the second time. Torres had been separated from Justice's father and had remarried before learning of the pregnancy.
Torres immediately sought counseling for her daughter, and those who knew her said it seemed Justice was making progress and accepting the pregnancy. Yet all was not well, and Justice still suffered from extreme jealousy of her new brother, even after he was born.
"We were as happy as happy could be until one day my then 8-year-old woke up and decided that she wasn't exactly thrilled about being a Big Sister," Torres posted on her blog, which has since been taken down. "I mean, who could blame her? She spent the last 8 years all to herself, being spoiled by everyone, only having to share while in school."
"Fast forward to August when he [the new baby] arrived, and she was happy and reassured that although her world has forever changed she loves him more than she thought she would," Torres wrote. "The road my family and I traveled to get where we are now was not smooth. We faced many road bumps but overcame them as a stronger family unit than I imagined us to be."
Unfortunately, Justice was not well and less than one year later, committed suicide by hanging herself from the shower. Torres was the one to find her daughter's body and tried to save her.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/9-year-old-commits-suicide-wanted-to-die-because-brother-was-born-93503/#lBBmghyty0FueIby.99

This is surely a tragic thing, a baby taking her own life, and over something many take as a delightful and joyous occasion. The times certainly are worsening, and with each passing day it seems. If such young ones are finding it hard to live in situations that aren't supposed to be bad, how do people conclude nothing is wrong with this world?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back