Black People : 9 Year Old Boy Dies After State Makes Error Processing Medicad

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Zumante Lucero, a 9 year-old Denver boy with asthma, died in July after a severe attack. His family had previously been on Medicaid, but was unexpectedly cut off from the program, and lost access to medication as a result. Zumante's doctors believe that access to a prescription that helped control inflaming in his lungs could have saved his life.

Since Zumante's death, it has become clear that the Lucero family should have had prescription drug benefits under Medicaid, and the State of Colorado erred in cutting them off of coverage.

According to Zuton Lucero, Zumante's mother, she called Denver Human Services every few days for months. Human Services responded by affirming that all of her children were in fact covered under Medicaid. However, when local pharmacists' computers did not register the family as having prescription drug coverage. This pattern continued until Zumante's death in July.

A group of lawyers is now considering suing the state for rampant flaws in its benefits management system. State officials have said that errors in a $243 million computer system installed in 2004 are to blame for mistakes like the one that led to Zumante Lucero's death.

The Colorado Benefits Management System's computer problems also account for rampant delays in processing food stamp cases. For fiscal year 2008, the most recent with available data, Colorado ranked 52nd in the country (behind Guam) in getting food stamps out on time. Reported by The Huffington Post

Watch Zumante Lucero's Sister Tell Her Story Below:

O my gosh....wow
Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans From Colonial Times to the Present
By Harriet A. Washington.
medical%2Bapartheid%2B-%2Bharriet%2Bwashington.jpg

In this provocatively titled book, Harriet Washington argues that the infamous “Tuskegee Experiment”—the 40-year study in which black men with syphilis were allowed to die untreated so that their cadavers could be used for research—was not an isolated incident, but rather one example of the medical establishment’s long history of mistreating African Americans. Compelling, if at times gruesome, Medical Apartheid draws a connection between past medical experiments and the woeful current state of health care for blacks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6oHn72QUno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jvi0EuPvgY

ONE OF THE MANY REASONS I PROSELITYZE BLACK NATIONALISM IS THAT IT CALLS FOR THE FORMATION OF OUR OWN MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SYSTEMS FUNDED AND OPERATED BY US AND FOR US, SO WE DO NOT HAVE TO SEE THESE INCIDENTS OVER AND OVER

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

9 Year Old Boy Dies After State Makes Error Processing Medicad...National Health Care is no joke

MsInterpret,

Thank you my sister friend, since nothing can be done now for the young man, lets pray for success of the below:

A group of lawyers is now considering suing the state for rampant flaws in its benefits management system. State officials have said that errors in a $243 million computer system installed in 2004 are to blame for mistakes like the one that led to Zumante Lucero's death.

More than ever, I really see the Destee Radio Show having impact by reporting/informing on such as this and follow-up with families...I'm sure we have a member or two in/near Colorado...Peace In my sister friend, for real!

Colorado messed up BIG TIME and the state needs to do some serious revamping of its DHS dept.

....a computer system error, my behind!...Families with children need those food and medical benefits.

My heart goes out to this family for the tragedy they've suffered on top of the hardships they're under to even need these services in the first place.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back