Health and Wellness : 9 Simple Ways to Keep Food Fresh/Foods to never put in the refrigerator

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Good Health,

9 Simple Ways to Keep Food Fresh
Trick that keeps bananas from going brown

bananas-ipad_635x250_1423092989.jpg

What’s the best way to keep that coffee fresh? Or prevent that bunch of celery from getting soggy? And do you really know how to keep bright-yellow bananas from turning brown in a heartbeat?

Must-see video: 9 Simple Ways to Keep Food Fresh
https://www.yahoo.com/food/9-simple-ways-to-keep-food-fresh-whats-the-best-110085988621.html

Foods you should never put in the refrigerator

Knowing what food should and shouldn't be left to chill can ensure that what you eat maintains its quality, she explains.

While the cold can prevent many fruits and vegetables from going bad, that doesn't mean they'll taste as good or will be as healthy. "They will lose nutrients and flavor in the refrigerator," Reuben said.

In the fridge, tomatoes lose their texture and potatoes can become gritty. Reuben believes other foods like apples, onions, avocados and citrus fruits are better when kept at room temperature. Bananas should never be refrigerated because they turn black faster, she says ...

Video availabe:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/refrigeration-not-essential-for-all-perishable-foods/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Hello,

It's not a good idea to use aluminum foil for refrigerator storage purposes. Clear wrap is preferable....

aluminum-foil.jpg

Thanks, makes sense, glad you shared this. When it was suggested to wrap celery in aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for crispiness, I sorta frowned, but wasn't sure. Now I Know:), thanks again.

YW

I don't keep celery long enough to store...into the 'beast' for a nice cold drink.

Thanks, makes sense, glad you shared this. When it was suggested to wrap celery in aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for crispiness, I sorta frowned, but wasn't sure. Now I Know:), thanks again.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back