Law Forum : 9 Dead, 53 Wounded in Fourth of July Weekend Violence in Chicago

I think we first have to realize that the paths we take are of our own choosing. Yes we suffer a myriad of negative external stimuli that are outside of our control, but we do have control over how we react to said stimuli. So my opinion is that a person can either choose to be parasitic and add to the negative stimuli plaguing our communities or be benevolent and help reduce the misery others are experiencing around them. To reiterate, we are ultimately the architects of our own destinies and must be made to realize that fact.

This is where the value and the brilliance of our being able to assemble on Destee to be the architects and beneficiaries of our own design comes into play. It is a very serious question to ask “How are we to deal with those of us who prey on our own?" So it is urgent that we put our heads together and come up with some actionable answers.

Can we, for example, form neighborhood watches? Or can we refuse to buy music by Black artists who denigrate themselves and us by spouting foul, violent language, the indiscriminate use of the N word, and the blatant disrespect for women? Can we make our churches more relevant to the community so that that an individual community’s needs are specifically being met? Or might we step forward and tutor our youth, not in how to become somebody’s wage earner, but to become entrepreneurs or scientists, inventors or community activists? How can we best eliminate, or at least neutralize, drug and gang violence in our neighborhoods? What are any and all ways we can come up with to save ourselves? These are discussions we need to have and some viable, doable answers found.

We have the ability to govern ourselves both individually and as members of the collective. Hermetic said it so well:

“I think we first have to realize that the paths we take are of our own choosing.”

Peace :heart:

I do understand what you're saying and agree that the question of responsibility should be asked universally. At the same time though, the realization that we are constantly choosing, every second of the day, what we do and don't do is where our power lies.

Actively designing and taking part in our own liberation is our business.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back