Black People : 80% of Children of African Descent Reading below Grade Level

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
    There has to be a way to create a Movement, a real movement via the web, grape vine, any means necessary of cross state communication,
    to amass a very real Black Education Think Tank,
    that can provide, tutorial education enrichment tools FREE to be downloaded or used from websites,
    to Grassroots Parents and their children.

I heard this statistic from Sister Susan Taylor, ad she along with Dr Joy Degruy and many othes have made this effort;
    The Healing Manual
    The manual, A New Way Forward: Healing What's Hurting Black America, is a work in progress and is intended to inspire direct action from us as a people, to move us beyond our collective hurt and cultivate effective pathways to healing, wholeness and a willingness to mentor our fragile children. The manual and its companion training are being piloted, evaluated and refined as we receive vital feedback from participants across the nation. In their hands, the work comes alive.
    Pilot training sessions are taking place in Oakland. As National CARES raises additional funds, more trainings will be held in other cities. We are committed to offering this transformational training wherever the children are suffering—beginning in the 57 cities where our devoted CARES mentor-recruitment leaders are working each day to save young lives
    http://caresnewwayforward.org/index.php?/resources/index

But a great deal more is needed!

This is a call to the educators and liberators at Destee, becuase this is not simply an eduation ish,

but an ish regarding the survival of Our Race

HTP! DJD!

2. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    This all the results of the Broken Black family, the fathers aren't around to provide and enforce certain rules. The mothers have to 1 or more jobs to support herself, therefore the children and their education suffer.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
  4. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

It worked for me. My mother always had at least 2 or 3 different sets of encyclopedias as well as a large bookshelf full of all sorts of history books so old the pages had turned yellow ..... She also always had me in the lie-brary and so i did the same with my son.

5. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Indeed, the Parent's would have to do it, that's the problem.

6. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Worked for me too :).
    It is amazing how simple acts can have tremendously positive, life-long impact.

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    OH MY MISTAKE!

I FORGOT TO MENTION, SHE SAID THESE STATISTICS WERE FROM 4 YEARS AGO

NOW IT'S 86%

So are folks basicly saying these parents are stupid or negligent?

and regardless of causes do we just say the hell with these children?

Funny how big business sees ways to deal directly with a situation for good or evil, but
    how can a simplistic solution be claimed for a major ish?

30% already should sound an alarm, but 80% is epidemic!

We used to say it takes a village to raise a child, but maybe the Herman Cain mindset has effected us sublimanaly, to the point where we say, "if the parents have not done thus and so, then these children should just perish or fall by the way side

and we know good and well what the oligarchy has ready, for those who fall by the way side

8. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    This is an inference you are drawing from one specific post.
    That is not an inference I would draw from the posts in aggregate.

Did you want solutions or did you only want to focus on the problem?

You had two people give first hand experience of how much it helped them.
    If it worked for us, how many more do you believe these simple solutions can help or aid?

Well then how about organizing a field trip for children and teens of all ages to visit the library as well as how to use it?

Again, did you want some solutions or did you only want to focus on the problem?

To read at grade level (far beyond it if you just do it) requires that one READ and write in their spare time to achieve such results.

9. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,015
    like i said you mentioned something that worked, so basicly you are saying this occurs becuase these parents are not doing what you claim to be something

simple?

OK so what solutions have you to offer becuase we are talking about not just a few folks!

No one has asked the question wether or not parents have been actualy doing just that for quite a while and it may not be enough.

A solution to a probelm dealing with a large number of people is not a individual solution but a collective one

if the problem is small then it can be dealt with on an individual basis

I assume that you are a shark with bite since you mention a great deal about corporate acumen, skills , and extending and increasing maximum profits even in hard economic buyers market?

So if advertizing and marketing is adressed to millions how can you assume that such a crisis situation can be handled on an individual basis?

Parents need to and parents should, well scientificly whether they are or aint,

the children are stilll failing, so what real strategies to reach large masses of parents or even large masses of children can be utilized?

10. Shikamaru

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    No. Misleading.
    Again, this is the inference you are drawing.

I'm not sure you could keep up with all the solutions I proffered :).

Instead of pawning this off on others, how about you raise the question?

Doesn't this presume one size fits all?
    Doesn't this presume one solution for divers people?

Actually, you have my personal economic philosophy all wrong.
    Go back through my posts. You see I mention protecting yourself from commerce at all times.
    Capitalism is a great system IF you know how to play as well as mitigating your risks from it at all times.

If you have your plan together nicely, you should be totally abstracted away and out of commerce.

Protection from commerce is of greater value than even participation within it.

I believe you are neglecting the component of free agency.
    Not everyone wants to chip in. Not everyone will want to unify. Not everyone wants to be educated. Not everyone wants to read.

Some will. Some won't. So what?

Well, educating children in mass isn't working for many therefore, I doubt a one size, one solution fits all will work.

These are children not gears.