Law Forum : 8 white cops, 1 black homeless man, 46 bullets

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Enki, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    A video has surfaced showing a homeless man being shot dead by eight police officers as he held a small penknife. 46 bullets were fired.
    The graphic video, taken by a bystander, shows Hall in a parking lot surrounded by eight police officers, all of whom have their weapons drawn and aimed at him. One of the officer’s orders Hall to drop his weapon. He refuses. After a period of about 10 seconds the officers open fire, with Hall appearing to be dead before he hit the ground.
    Of the 46 shots fired, Hall had been hit 14 times.
    http://rt.com/usa/200855-police-white-shooting-hall/

A penknife warranted this kind of force? Seriously....and what makes it even worst is that you see black cops with their guns out. Is there no room for anyone to say "hey, let use non lethal force" ?

Peace!

• Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126
    He had a knife. Next you'll demand tasers for this. Or that a bunch of cops with billy clubs could have actually subdues a homeless guy. smh

3. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    He had a penknife, and yes, a taser would have subdued him. At least he would have been alive. Even bean bags may have done the trick.

Here is a list on non lethal ammo I know cops have at their disposal.
    http://www.firequest.com/less-lethal-ammo.html

And yes, they could have subdued a homeless guy, them have a slew of them in jail, and prison, they just didn't walk in freely.

So should he have been shot and killed if he had anything that can be used as a weapon? That means your keys can be used as a weapon, or rings which raised profiles,etc

I'm surprised that you think their is no other way to deal with us except to kill us when other options are available.

Peace!

4. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

A pen knife?!!? The tipping point in Detroit was them gunning down a deaf mute with a rake. I went to school with the police chief. I swore the police had no choice. He wasn't even pointing the rake in a defensive manor. He was leaning on it. Wondering why the cops had surrounded him. The neighbors were yelling to the police he couldn't hear.

Well you are now understanding how dangerous it is for cops. Car keys can leave a real nasty gash. And can become infected. Prolly with flesh eating bacteria.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

Thanks for bringing this back up, it felt familiar:

Milton Hall - Saginaw, MI - shot 30+ times by police
    Discussion in 'Honoring Black Ancestors' started by Destee, Aug 17, 2012

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...mi-shot-30-times-by-police.72891/#post-755789

As often said, enough is enough and we get it now. Hall's murder came after Trayvon's, but now there is national protest abound, finally.

The only thing we haven't done is to record and keep track of all the deaths of Black people, mostly men, at the hands of Police officers ... The list is so long, we tend to forget how many have been wrongly killed by the Police, such as Milton Hall, etc...

It is my hope the pressure of protest continues and more jump on the band-wagon to keep this fire lit. As you know, I've asked what can we do from here, Destee.com, to become part of this movement against racial injustice that we see and hear daily on our televisions ... Its time for all hands on deck,

Peace In,

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074

This deaf mute/rake case you cited above jogs my memory, it was big when it happened, I recall. The only thing I disagree with in your assessment is this:

"Well you are now understanding how dangerous it is for cops. Car keys can leave a real nasty gash. And can become infected. Prolly with flesh eating bacteria."
    To me, it seems that you are making nasty gashes becoming infected with flesh eating bacteria tantamount to homicides of Black men by Police officers. If so, its a false comparison to make. We have yet to see if an officer is struck by a rake or something, what would happen. On the other hand, we know what happened to Milton Hall, 46 shots and he's dead.

Moreover, the Garner and Rice cases were deemed homicides, yet no true bill, no indictments for the officers. The least that should be done would be to go to trial.

7. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

Sarcasm

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,074
  9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Again, are you saying that non-lethal force is not an option when dealing with us? looking at the video, what immediate danger was either of these cops in?

Taser him? Yes, at least he would still be alive. I'm glad you fell for the car keys bait, because rings with raised profiles can do just as much damage.

Here are some examples:

upload_2014-12-12_15-18-17.jpeg upload_2014-12-12_15-18-59.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] upload_2014-12-12_15-23-44.jpeg [​IMG][​IMG]

So I think that is enough to get my point across.

So here is another question: Should blacks that have any of these rings on be shot and killed? These obviously can, and are used as weapons. I know because I wear raised rings like in images 2 and 3 in places that I can carry a weapon, so these are my weapons.

Also, I say again, I'm surprised at your agreement with this kind of forced that was used when there are less lethal options.

Peace!

10. Kemetstry

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,126

If someone cut or tried to cut me with any of those, They would be shot. Trust me