Black People : 7-year-old girl killed in Detroit police raid

Seneb

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 14, 2007
7-year-old girl killed in Detroit police raid
story.girl.killed.raid.wdiv.jpg

(CNN) -- Police in Detroit, Michigan, on Sunday expressed "profound sorrow" at the fatal shooting of a 7-year-old girl in a police raid.

Aiyana Jones was shot and killed by police executing a search warrant as part of a homicide investigation, Assistant Chief Ralph Godbee said in a statement.

"This is any parent's worst nightmare," Godbee said. "It also is any police officer's worst nightmare. And today, it is all too real."

The warrant was executed about 12:40 a.m. ET Sunday at a home on the city's east side, Godbee said. Authorities believed the suspect in the Friday shooting death of 17-year-old high school student Jarean Blake was hiding out at the home. Blake was gunned down in front of a store as his girlfriend watched, Godbee said.

"As is common in these types of situations, the officers deployed a distractionary device commonly known as a flash bang," he said in the statement. "The purpose of the device is to temporarily disorient occupants of the house to make it easier for officers to safely gain control of anyone inside and secure the premise."

Upon entering the home, the officer encountered a 46-year-old female inside the front room, Godbee said. "Exactly what happened next is a matter still under investigation, but it appears the officer and the woman had some level of physical contact.

"At about this time, the officer's weapon discharged one round which, tragically, struck 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley Jones in the neck/head area."

Aiyana's father, Charles Jones, told CNN affiliate WDIV, "She was sleeping and they came in the door shooting and throwing flash grenades ... burned my baby up and shot her, killed her."

more at:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/16/michigan.police.child/index.html?hpt=T2

chuck

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 9, 2003

Note:

33 Million Dollars have already been paid out, i. e, behind homicides/unjustified use of lethal force/ by Detroit Police/via wrongful death lawsuits...

The backdrop is a federal monitor--which even the now discredited former young black mayor had to find funds for-- to pay the person's salary--via a court ordered revamping of the Detroit Police's policies and practices-- as well...

If anything and/or at this late date:

Veteran Michigan U. S. congresspeople--like John Dingell--should be having hearings about the whole sad and sorry mess--by now...

Just don't hold your breaths...

:10500:

OldSoul

Permanent Black Man
PREMIUM MEMBER
May 16, 2002
Bronzeville USA
www.BLACKLAND.ORG
Occupation
Staying Alive
6 years ago I wrote a poem about the "flash bang"

"As is common in these types of situations, the officers deployed a distractionary device commonly known as a flash bang," he said in the statement. "The purpose of the device is to temporarily disorient occupants of the house to make it easier for officers to safely gain control of anyone inside and secure the premise."

Flash Bang Soon
flash-bang-7290.jpg

a bang so loud it deafens you
a flash 7 times brighter than the sun.
you don't know what hit you
cant hear, cant see
all you can do is
$hit and pee
some cry or pray
or holla for jesus
sometimes you'll even
catch on fire
and hope that death
will be your rescue.
the flash bang is considered to be
a non-lethal weapon
a pastel of your
government at work.
are you prepared for this at home?

--©5/29/04--

Nasheed

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 15, 2008
The Ville in The Lou
Occupation
Otr Truck Driver
How Many More

I read this today on the internet and instantly became ill. It was not only troubling because she was a Precious Baby but because her name is the same as my little girl jus spelled different. I have used Flash Bang grenades in a prior occupation and the upsetting part was the excuse for the discharge of the weapon. Anyone with any knowledge of this weapon will know that based on the excuse that was given by an CNN interview/report was BS. They murdered that Precious Baby and I wanna see all involved tortured, suffering and then left to die in the most horrific way that most minds can fathom and then let mine take over. Not to take away from this story but right after that I saw another report where I saw our Babies hating their skin color. What does it take for us to "Wake The F--- Up!"

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on Ms Drea's profile.
Hi My Dear Darling Sister! :kiss: :love: :kiss:
Destee wrote on beautifulblkw's profile.
Hi Sister!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: So good to see you! Thanks for coming home! YAAAAAY! :yaay: Much Love and Peace! :love:
Massey Ferguson Tractors and farm implements for Sale in Africa especially in Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria and many more. Our tractor company in Africa having huge stock of brand new tractors and farm implements for tractor dealers.
sekou kasimu wrote on ZIbijah's profile.
Have you read "The Iceman Inheritance: Prehistoric Origins of Western Man's Racism, Sexism, and Aggression"?
$1 Billion Black dollars in 30 days