Black Education / Schools : 65 years after Brown v. Board of Education, we risk going backward

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:

65 years after Brown v. Board of Education, we risk going backward

Today, the common sense of the Brown decision is under attack, for nearly three decades, our schools have been re-segregating, reversing the progress made under Brown, reflecting the deep racial and economic segregation of our communities. Worse, several of Donald Trump’s nominees to the federal courts refuse even to endorse Brown as unassailable law...

http://rainbowpush.icnironportaz3.com/mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100155001.66955.646&gen=1

By Jesse Jackson

Multicultural America. | Illustration by ©Boarding1now/Dreamstime.com

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007
I wonder when that picture of Jesse Jackson was taken. The last time I saw him was in 2004 and he did not look that young.

I am inclined to wonder how important integration vs segregation is in relation to education these days. Has Jesse Jackson ever actively promoted any books for Black Americans to read/study, besides the Bible of course.

I just stumbled across this and it goes beyond the subject of race:

The Curse of Genius
https://www.1843magazine.com/features/the-curse-of-genius

It seems there is a problem with integrating exceptionally bright kids with average kids, at least the way the paleface educational system is designed. Force kids to compete and then teach stuff that is really boring and easy for a tiny percentage. You don't suppose that could create resentment and retaliation?

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:facepalm:
The goal of separate but equal was never achieved...

Brown v. Board: When the Supreme Court ruled against segregation

In the Plessy case, the Supreme Court decided by a 7-1 margin that “separate but equal” public facilities could be provided to different racial groups...

https://news.yahoo.com/brown-v-board-supreme-court-ruled-against-segregation-100800741--politics.html

NCC Staff
National Constitution Center

:picture: all white men :facepalm:

The announcement made international headlines and more than a few newspapers saw the decision as vindication for Justice Harlan’s dissent in the 1896 Plessy case.

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007
Actually I think separate and better could be accomplished if Black Americans made a good reading list for Black kids. And I don't mean lots of Black history.

Over the last 500 years most of this crap has been the result of who had technology and who didn't. Which also amounts to who had the knowledge versus who didn't. The schools are designed to make sure most White people stayed lower class.

I don't trust White people to competently educate most White kids. This entire Trump mess is the result of White people being dummies.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: