Black Money Business Jobs : 6 paths to retirement among NATIONS 55 and older

dustyelbow

REGISTERED MEMBER
Oct 25, 2005
Retirement will be gradual for many, study finds

The key determinant to whether someone works in retirement - and how much - is tied to how much pension the workers have accumulated and how much they've saved.

The study found that there were basically six paths to retirement among Americans 55 and older:

Early retirees: 29 percent retired early. In most cases, this group had pensions and high savings balances.

Work and play: 12 percent left full-time work in their 50s, but immediately set up their own companies or took on high-level, part-time jobs. They largely enjoy their work and want to stay active.

Still working: 35 percent of workers moved to part-time or self-employment in their 60s. They tend to have lower financial resources, and often lack a pension.

Returnees: 5 percent stop working, typically in their 50s, and then are forced to return to the work force, sometimes because of a financial shock like the death of a spouse.

Spouse's retirement: 9 percent. Often married women in excellent health, they follow their husband into retirement in their 40s and 50s.

With EMPLOYERS switching to CASH BALANCE PENSIONS (I will come back to THIS) and the NATION saddled with LOW SAVINGS...it looks to be a BITTER END for a GREAT MANY in the NATION.

The KEY here is PENSION and HIGH SAVINGS. Not ONE or the OTHER.

But in the NATION that is ALREADY DEFEATED.

Seems like RUTHLESS WHITE has EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL...

Oh well.

yea

i will work until i die

probably of a heart attack on the job just before lunch

lololol

AND THIS IS WHY WE ARE ALL PRISONERS OF THE BANKERS

http://tvnewslies.org/blog/?p=572

PLEASE READ - YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT AMERICA REALLY REPRESENTS

Nice topic dustyelbow. Most of us don't really start to think about or plan on retirement, until it is too late. Too late meaning that you don't have enough time left to prepare for retirement before old age and infirmity sets in and forces retirement upon you. Preparation for retirement should start sometime before reaching age thirty. One should set goals for their retirement and then from there decide upon a course to take to reach those goals. I majored in Accounting in college, so planning wasn't a problem for me, as I plan to retire in one year from today at age sixty. My wife is already retired from one job and is still young enough to continue to work until age 62 when Social Security kicks in, and a second pension.

The problem that most black people have, aside from low earnings and savings, is not owning their own homes. Many whites own property in the black community, the money that black folks pay for rent goes directly from their hands into the white landlords bank account. There is also a lot of equity being built up in those buildings that black folks rent, that too belongs to the landlord. Pay rent all of your life, and you'll end up broke, guaranteed.

I've always owned my own home, and I've been a landlord for over twenty years, owning over twenty five building over that period of time. We can at least do that for ourselves, so that our money doesn't end up somewhere else, outside the black community. The principle is very simple, stop seeing a home purchase as long term debt and instead see it as an investment in your own future. We end up broke at retirement because of our life style and failure to plan. Those fourty thousand dollar cars plus interest only take you from point a to point b, then they end up in the junk yard. Your money again, in someone elses pocket, they laugh at you, and you stand there in a daze at age sixty five wondering where did all of money go? So there it is, rent, expensive cars, add to that gambling, jewelry, sneakers, bling bling. That's why you are broke at age sixty five when you want to retire.

mrron said:
Nice topic dustyelbow. Most of us don't really start to think about or plan on retirement, until it is too late. Too late meaning that you don't have enough time left to prepare for retirement before old age and infirmity sets in and forces retirement upon you. Preparation for retirement should start sometime before reaching age thirty. One should set goals for their retirement and then from there decide upon a course to take to reach those goals. I majored in Accounting in college, so planning wasn't a problem for me, as I plan to retire in one year from today at age sixty. My wife is already retired from one job and is still young enough to continue to work until age 62 when Social Security kicks in, and a second pension.

Glad that you and yours ARRIVE at a SET DESTINATION you PLANNED. That in itself the PLAN and IMPLEMENTATION is considered a LUXURY in today's ENJOY the MOMENT while you CAN because TOMORROW there will be HEARTBREAK.

mrron said:
The problem that most black people have, aside from low earnings and savings, is not owning their own homes. Many whites own property in the black community, the money that black folks pay for rent goes directly from their hands into the white landlords bank account. There is also a lot of equity being built up in those buildings that black folks rent, that too belongs to the landlord. Pay rent all of your life, and you'll end up broke, guaranteed.

I've always owned my own home, and I've been a landlord for over twenty years, owning over twenty five building over that period of time. We can at least do that for ourselves, so that our money doesn't end up somewhere else, outside the black community. The principle is very simple, stop seeing a home purchase as long term debt and instead see it as an investment in your own future. We end up broke at retirement because of our life style and failure to plan. Those fourty thousand dollar cars plus interest only take you from point a to point b, then they end up in the junk yard. Your money again, in someone elses pocket, they laugh at you, and you stand there in a daze at age sixty five wondering where did all of money go? So there it is, rent, expensive cars, add to that gambling, jewelry, sneakers, bling bling. That's why you are broke at age sixty five when you want to retire.

I just think we need to be TAUGHT again the reason to GET A HOUSE.

As my father and seemingly you INDICATE somewhat, we GET A HOUSE to raise a FAMILY. Man woman and children.

So people in APARTMENTS generally do not THINK of FAMILY but maintaining a LIFE away from DWELLING as a FAMILY. I think this APARTMENT LIVING ARRANGEMENT imposed on US caused a DECLINE in BLACK FAMILIES and thoughts away from the reason to BUY a HOUSE as a FAMILY.

I saw a report that SINGLE FAMILY HEADED FEMALE are leading the CHARGE in purchasing of EXISTING and NEW HOMES. They are buying it, for their OWN CHILDREN but no HUSBAND in SITE. Now with the MARKET going DOWN, these SINGLE FEMALES HEADED FAMILIES have been put into EXTREME BONDAGE by the MARKET. They are OPEN TARGETS by all the COMMUNITY DESTRUCTIVE mechanisms of RUTHLESS WHITE. Namely those 'WHITE PEOPLE' you mentioned who OWN PROPERTY in the COMMUNITY.

I just dont think OWNERS are making it OUT to a LARGE DEGREE. Especially in our community. REAL ESTATE ASSESSMENTS have SKYROCKETED this YEAR and putting PROPERTY at too HIGH a VALUE for the ever INCREASING PAYCHECK to PAYCHECK AMERICAN. Assessments are like another MORTGAGE almost. Owners also have to maintain PROPERTY and such, which eats away with OLD AGE. That's why I see them use the CHEAPEST LABOR available, ILLEGAL MEXICANS, to keep the grass cut ETC because they AINT MAKING too MUCH MONEY to KEEP FLYING HIGH.

Another thing is if we do OWN HOMES and I talk to ELDER PEOPLE who have a RETIREMENT in the COMMUNITY complain about the QUALITY of LIFE. They are very FEARFUL of GOING OUTSIDE due to VIOLENCE in the COMMUNITY. So they got the RETIREMENT PACKAGE but just STUCK with FEAR. Their HOME is all they GOT and its just gets HARDER and HARDER to look over.

Another thing, is that they HAVE to LEAVE the COMMUNITY to get BASIC SERVICE like FREE CASHING of their SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS because RUTHLESS WHITE BANKS have gone to the OTHER SIDE of TOWN. EVERY where our ELDERS MOVES (CAR FARE, GAS, INSURANCE, etc) That SHAVES away from their TIGHT BUDGETED RETIREMENT.

They got the MONEY and ALL but just the ATMOSPHERE for it aint ADDING VALUE or ATTENTION for IT.

But maybe I am STRETCHING things here...(I will provide ARTICLES on IT)

Oh well.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back