Black People : 52-ROOM HOUSE

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by KWABENA, Jan 5, 2005.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I never understood what they buy such a big house
    why waste money this way when they could put some of that
    back in the hoods and to worthy causes like black college funds
    shelters and community centers
    to me it's just a waste ..........

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I could never understand why they do it
    guess u can say they living large a waste of money

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    As long as he's not hurting anyone then why not?

Brother Cedric, meaning no disrespect but why have problems with Black people living in large houses, especially if they're the ones paying for them? Why should my opinion count when it comes to how people, including 50 cent, exercise their civil and personal right to live their lives when it does noone any harm? If it's what he wants and he can afford it, then why not? I don't think it's fair for anyone to purchase someone's product, then tell them how to spend the money we pay them for that product. Wouldn't that be like your "boss" paying you a salary then telling you how to spend it? Ummm..maybe that's not a good analogy but I'm sure you get my point.

It may not and doesn't have to make sense to the rest of us because we don't have to make that mortgage payment. Besides, does anyone know exactly how 50 cent intends to utilize all the space in his home? Would you think differently of him if he purchased the same house in order to provide housing for homeless families or use it as a battered women's shelter, or something like that? But even if it's not for more honorable reasons such as those, let the man enjoy his lifestyle because if I had the same financial resources, I sure would be living mine a lot differently than I am right now.

A sister who often takes a different perspective....

Queenie :spinstar:

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I agree completely with sister NN Queen! As long as they can maintain it, I encourage black people to buy all the real estate they can!

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR

7. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Don't be surprised

Brother Cedric, you're missing the point and because you presume just because I choose not to take a dictator's stance relative to this man or anyone's right to decide how they spend their money that I support him is a perfect example. You know, you should really take a step back and re-read or at least re-think what you wrote. You think that because you didn't pay full price for 50 cent's CD is not supporting him? *smh* Bootleg or not my brother, your money is in the system that links to him and guess what--and to his message. I can honestly say that I've not purchased his music and can't say that I've listened to it either. Besides that, the fact that you spent a penny to purchase his product and went so far as to listen to it--even occasionally--tells me that you support him specifically. All you did was become a part of a multi-level marketing scheme. It's the AMERICAN WAY didn't you know? The point that I was making earlier that you missed was addressing your question in GENERAL terms. Why be all up in the man's business like that when he can afford to do whatever it is he's doing? None of us are perfect and the fact is that some Black people make their money doing things that many of us are disheartened by but whether you like the man's music or not, when it comes to purchasing that house, hopefully he's going about it through legal channels. So there's no need for you to be surprised about me or my response to your question but you might want to take a closer look at how you might be contributing to the very issue that you express to abhor.

Peace!
    Queenie :spinstar:

8. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    DELETED BY AUTHOR