Black People : 500 Years Later Movie - view it here

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ru2religious, Mar 29, 2010.

1. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
  2. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    If we can let us try to keep this thread bumped for our people who are knew into the conscious community of our people. This movies is a good starting part in my honest opinion.

Peace

Ru2religious

3. Josef

Josef Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    thank you Brother.

"
    it's foolish to let your oppressor tell you to forget about the oppression, they inflicted on you"

real talk

never forget!, and do not feel intimidated, ashamed to speak on it, or research into it, nor make your history, your story a way of life searching for truth...

as a child we would actually hate when Black history month came around, bacause all they only taught us was Brother Martin (PBUH), instead of Malcom (PBUH) too, they showed the hanging off my fathers, and mothers, but not our Brother Nat Turner (PBUH)..

shame if we allow them to teach us..

again Brother Ru2religious , thank you for this....

4. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    Already have this. Wasn't there an updated version called 'The Mother Land' or something like that.

5. blackeyes

blackeyes Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +449
    I saw this awhile ago and it was very interestinng.
    never heard of the "Motherland" and couldn't find it anywhere online....

6. Josef

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    According to the National Uk statistics..

"In the UK, the Black (Afrikan-Carribbean) pupils are more likely to be permantally excluded ( expelled) from schools than children from other ethnic groups"

I know about 2 months ago I read,

Black public-school students in Colorado are nearly three times as likely to face serious discipline as their white peers, a disparity that is persistently growing despite efforts to curb it.

In the 2008-09 school year, about 70,000, or 8.5 percent, of the state's 818,000 students were suspended, expelled or disciplined for being disruptive, according to a Denver Post analysis of newly released data. Reasons ranged from drug, weapon and alcohol infractions to disobedient and detrimental behavior, the most common — and subjective — reasons.

But while black students make up just 5.9 percent of the student population, they were the subject of 12.7 percent of the discipline cases, up from 11.7 percent five years ago. White students, who were about 61 percent of the population, were the subject of 46.8 percent of discipline cases.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14122916#ixzz0jc6zvs8G

also according to this article

AUSTIN, Texas - In the average New Jersey public school, African-American students are almost 60 times as likely as white students to be expelled for serious disciplinary infractions.

In Minnesota, black students are suspended 6 times as often as whites.

In Iowa, blacks make up just 5 percent of the statewide public school enrollment but account for 22 percent of the students who get suspended.

In every state but Idaho, a Tribune analysis of the data shows, black students are being suspended in numbers greater than would be expected from their proportion of the student population. In 21 states—Illinois among them—that disproportionality is so pronounced that the percentage of black suspensions is more than double their percentage of the student body. And on average across the nation, black students are suspended and expelled at nearly three times the rate of white students.

According to the Chigago Tribune E-edition, no other Group is disclipined more than Blacks students.

I grew up listening chuckling at my father when he would tell me, that in most cases we were the last hired, and the first fired...

I no longer chuckle at that phrase, nor look at him as my crazy old man...

:em0200:

7. Josef

United States
    Electrical wiring tech
    Ratings:
    +411
    I am not sure but could we make it a permanent paste, so that once one logs into Destee it will automatically be on as a top topic( hmm I just had a thought, topic...top...pick)

dont mind me lol...

:geek:

8. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    http://www.themotherland.info/

I definitely wanna see this. I don't think it is out yet. Keep an eye out.

9. ru2religious

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891