Black People : 50 Solutions To The Black Dilemma

Chuck:

Good afternoon, sis...

To you as well! And thanks for the input!

IMO, I don't see these "solutions" as out of touch. I see them as a possible spring-board/starting point for change.

It has to start somewhere. Anyone reading these solutions can brainstorm how one or more can be implemented personally, in their own families, and then applied to whole neighborhoods.

Again, these are not "50 Commandments" for Black people. But I do see them as a catalyst for "Each One Reach One."

do you consider yourself as a "destee family member":?:

Of those suggested "solutions" listed...it's always about the BOTH/AND..

There are many who have developed programs that have incorporated much of what this writer suggest. Yet, posted here in the context and vain in which it was written, the illusion is created that some of these things are NOT being practiced.

Recovery is a PROCESS and not an EVENT...

While you cherryblossom have entered this process during one particular phase, does not mean something is NOT happening. EVERY shytuation I enter I recognize and experience it as a microcosm of broader realities.

This illness of Addiction is said to be 'INSIDIOUS" . It is also "cunning and baffling". For example, how does obama as a "black man" concerned about the interest of "all" people's...blacks included...how does he sanction a boycott of a RACISM conference??? baffling yes! when it's viewed outside the arena of ADDICTION and recognizing his addiction to white supremacy/racism....being "equal" to white people and "as good as" them.

Very well said !!

Of those suggested "solutions" listed...it's always about the BOTH/AND..

There are many who have developed programs that have incorporated much of what this writer suggest. Yet, posted here in the context and vain in which it was written, the illusion is created that some of these things are NOT being practiced.

Recovery is a PROCESS and not an EVENT...

While you cherryblossom have entered this process during one particular phase, does not mean something is NOT happening. EVERY shytuation I enter I recognize and experience it as a microcosm of broader realities...
M.E.
:hearts2:

I see these suggested solutions not as an "indictment" against Black people but as recommendations. Yes, many are implementing these things in their daily lives, but I think the author's motive and message were for those who aren't seeing these things.

It is a list of suggestions addressing a "dilemma."

And my motive/message in posting it is the same. All Black people may not agree on every "solution;" but if applied, even in part, I see it as positive, constructive change for us, individually and collectively.

Again, this post is not an indictment against ALL Black people. I think Mr. Samad is speaking to the Black people who DON'T realize/recognize these issues and how they affect us.

do you consider yourself as a "destee family member":?: M.E.

No, I don't. I consider myself a "visitor."

For me, being here is like going to a church trying to get a "feel" for the congregation and its leadership, seeking discernment on whether it is a place of fellowship and enrichment for me.

Perhaps, in time, that will change; but that is my present state.

I see these suggested solutions not as an "indictment" against Black people but as recommendations. Yes, many are implementing these things in their daily lives, but I think the author's motive and message were for those who aren't seeing these things.

Fair enough. Then I begin to wonder why you are posting this here AS IF those type of "Black people" are in fact HERE arenot "seeing these things".

You did indicate in the post I initially responded to, that you were seeking to sort of educate and/or suggest to the "Destee family" how they/we SHOULD be behaving and what you've noted as WRONGS done here.

Who said anything about an "indictment"...:?: Where did that come from:?:

It is a list of suggestions addressing a "dilemma." [/QUOTE]

And my motive/message in posting it is the same. All Black people may not agree on every "solution;" but if applied, even in part, I see it as positive, constructive change for us, individually and collectively.

Again, this post is not an indictment against ALL Black people. I think Mr. Samad is speaking to the Black people who DON'T realize/recognize these issues and how they affect us. [/QUOTE]

One thing I learned in the halls of academia was the steps to take in an attempt to KNOW something about something or somebodies...
Like determining that the people HERE "Don't realize/recognize these issues..."
Consider this as an addition to the list of suggested SOLUTIONS to our faulty interactions and communications...

"Ask if the person fits this or that category/'position to determine if they WANT your "recommendations". This is something that has 'rubbed me wrong' about the energy you bring here....as a ....

No, I don't. I consider myself a "visitor."

You have been here just shy of 30 days and already have completed your assessement...or some parts of it..enough to be in a position to make recommendations about the who, what's, where, when, how and why's of it all...again....AS IF....the "Destee Family". How much do you know about the members in this family...what they know or don't....anyway...in the end all I need to say is...

Thank You for Sharing!:hi:

For me, being here is like going to a church trying to get a "feel" for the congregation and its leadership, seeking discernment on whether it is a place of fellowship and enrichment for me.

Perhaps, in time, that will change; but that is my present state.

Yet you do this by coming in and telling us what's wrong and what/how we should be thinking and/or doing based on your "get[ting] a feel for the...."
whether or not we knew this information that you know..and that we agree we need someone to come in and show us the right way to go....

my tone right now is light mocking with a smile underneath ready to burst to the surface, little mild irritation, humorously expressed,....

One of the symptoms of Cultural Schizophrenia is what I call "christ insanity".
Another symptom and one which i continue to work on improving, is the tendency towards destruction of the flesh/physical body.

M.E.
:hearts2:

In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Family!

Well, Clyde, I see Destee.com as a microcosm of our larger society. Destee is, in itself, representative of the Black Diaspora.
Now, yes, it is an internet community that professes to strive towards unity; but by its own examples, I see the very challenges which beset us nationally and internationally.

I think some of these suggested "solutions for the Black dilemma" specifically relate to Destee just as much as they do to Black society. Perhaps if Destee's "family" members could find a way to incorporate and embrace them, what is accomplished in the cyber world could be applied on a larger, more intimate scale.

cherryblossom,

Correct, and since I was forewarned of the visitor capacity you hold, ahead of the others, my push to get started is a sincere one, as you know. So, again, I'm ready to get it done or at least committed to getting the process started. When you are ready, below is where you can find me, Peace In my sister friend:

http://destee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back