Black Spirituality Religion : 50 Questions Every Christian Should Ask Themselves About the bible and More

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Keita Kenyatta, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I was just sitting here thinking about "why our people follow these man made religions....and I could not help but get to the root belief that "the majority of our people have been hoodwinked by false dogma and fear pushed through our churches and mosque that "the world is coming to an end and that we better repent and save our souls before we die".

I was going through Queentswana's book today; 50 Questions Every Christian Should Ask Themselves About the Bible and More and I was so glad that she highlighted the brainwashed scripture that the church uses that talks about the world being destroyed by fire which is promoted by the ministry.

I was even happier that she also highlighted the scripture that supposedly were the direct words of God whereby he said; "THAT THE WORLD WOULD NEVER BE DESTROYED AGAIN !!!"

Sometimes a simple truth is all we need to crumble a mountain of lies and fears!

Thank You Queentswana for helping our people to hopefully SEE ONCE AGAIN!!!

2. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    i agree wholeheartedly,god won't let us destroy himself as hard as he tries,i've been trying to tell folks that it's a mental platue not so much a spirital one because as time marches on man's brain capacity increases although we don't understand it today because we are as small children fighting over toys[oil-money-fame-power-ect.]these small things will past but not in our lifetimes,that's gods real plan.

3. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    The truth will indeed set you free......

The book is real talk.....

I have read it, and am reading it for a second time....

I laughed at the reference made to Shakespeare.....

recently, I started to read the stolen plays.... and it is so funny how the story of Hamlet sounds awful familiar...... could be me, but it seems that it parrallells the story of Osiris and Isis.....

Do people read to comprehend or do they just read because it is assigned....

really ain't nothing new under the sun......

every religion today is based on big business.....

I saw that in New Orleans.... I hung with the brothers' who called themselves "freedom fighters"... and what I witnessed was the degredation of woman..... one of em had no respect for his momma....

when I asked him why he was yelling at his momma... he had the audacity to tell me that is "slave talk"...

ya'll know me... I told him he was the one acting like a slave .....

also, most of the black people were catholics and talking in french... need I say more....

the president of Xavier college was a jew..... and one of the sisters told me that he "earned" it

since when is stolen land, art, language and culture earned.....

don't want to go off on a tangent....

just want to say it is refreshing to read some real talk... hear some real talk, and be among people that can handle the truth.....

much love to the Queen!!!

I loved my sister's book.........

4. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    Hi Keita!

Thanks for the heads up! I will purchase that book real soon.

I read what you wrote on the site: "Powerful Truth Is Infinite" :qqb023:

Be Blessed

5. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Christianity is not man made. It is based on the gospel which is the "Good News" that Jesus has died for the sins of humanity so that who ever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life . John 3:16

6. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    oceolo, give yourself a treat, take the time to read this book..."Pulling No Punches The Religious Factor" it will clear up your statement of "Christianity" and everything that surrounds it.
    Peace and Blessings

7. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    That book is more like a trick rather than a treat. Books like that are so deceptive because they mix in a little bit of the truth with their lies and that's why you are so easily fooled by them.

8. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161

Brother oceolo,
    Generally I would agree with you, but in having read the book myself, I found it to be right on point, Now..if you had read the book I suggest that you bring forth any information within the book that you think is incorrect, However, If you had not read the book then you are in error of making any judgment concerning what you yourself have not read or studied. As I stated, if you have found errors, please bring them forward for all to see, I think that this is the only fair thing to do when you are passing judgment upon any author's work.
    Since I am the wife of the author that you're speaking about, you're going to have to show and prove your statement to be something other than an attempt to assassinate his character and work.

Respectfully Queen

9. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I don't have to read the book to know what it is about . Books like this have always been around . The only book book I need to know how to live my life is the bible . If you can't trust the bible because you think perhaps it's just a book written by men ,then how can you trust a book that you know for sure was written by a man?

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Well I'll be darn! Where did God get a printing press from to write the Bible you read ??....and just which bible are you reading at that....the first one God wrote or the other 16? If you take just a moment to listen to yourself..."I don't have to read the book to know what it is about." Kind of like, I don't have to see the movie to know what it's about or I don't have to eat the food to know how it taste...or I don't have to have sex to know how it feels. There's a name for people who make statements like the one you made but I'm not going to use it. However, here is my challenge...and should I lose it I will forever get off of the computer. I want you to present to me any book in the world with alphabetical letters in it that a man or woman did not write.

I also challenge you to present any evidence what-so-ever that any "HOLY MEN OR PROPHETS" wrote a book. Now if you can prove any of those two things I will leave the internet forever and concede that you are correct. On the other hand, "whatever it is that you believe or think the bible to be, I PROMISE YOU THAT I CAN BURY IT WITH HISTORICAL FACTS AND BIBLICAL BACK-UP REVEALING THAT YOUR BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS ARE IN ERROR.