Black People : 50 Cent's story further evidence of deliberate attempts to devalue black fatherhood!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by panafrica, Nov 6, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/362540p-308673c.html

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    My contempt for 50 Cent's destructive messages has been addressed in other threads, so I'd like not to revisit them here. What I would like to concentrate on is the message passed down to him from his mother:

This is the most damning...the most disgusting dismissal of the role black fathers play in their children's lives that I have ever heard! :flame: I have written numerous times that there have been systematic efforts in the black community to devalue the role that fathers play in the mental and spiritual upbring of their children. There has been a movement to portray black fathers as a non-entity. Statements and attitudes like this are further proof of this happening. A mother sending such messages to her children undoubtedly would effect how they interact with the opposite sex. Undeniably growing up internalizing these messages would affect how young women select their men, and how young men respond to their women. When are we going to admit the prevelance of such attitudes in our community, is the ultimate example of the self-fullfilling prophesy? These notions are doing untold damage to the perceptions of family and male-female relations to our youth!

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Not to make excuses for his mom, but come on Pan, his mom was a drug dealer. How much sense could she have had in the first place. But your points are well taken. Too many black people devalue the importance of the black father.

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    she was "a hardened drug dealer", not your best example of motherhood.

5. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,775
    I reserve judgment

on "Get Rich or Die Tryin' until I see the movie...

If what you say is true, IMO--Fity is just another black man sifted thru the process of integration to further exploit black social ills.

If he is not using his influence to bring knowledge to the nation then his efforts only denigate that nation...

Fine :hearthis:

6. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Points taken brothers Sekhemu and JamesfrmPhilly; however, 50's mother is more representative of mothers in our community than many want to admit. Indeed this is why there are so many black youth being raised by their grandparents (in some cases their great-grandparents).

7. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I have absolutely no respect for that bum.

Not only does he lack talent and mumbles his words while bragging about crime.

But he even calls himself a gorilla and lets a punk white boy pimp him out and use him to further exploit the fear many whites have of us.

It's fools like this who are ruining it for millions of decent Black men like myself.

How can you argue against the stereotype that all Black men are pimps, criminals, robbers, and drug dealers when this fool gets up and GLORIFIES IT?

After he's partied out, screwed over and corrupted as many woman as well as turned the few well-meaning whites against us.
    Then he'll probably end up being popped by some other fool who is trying to come up the same way he did.

He's lived his life and had his fun, he died with a big smile on his face.

Meahwhile WE'RE paying the price by getting dirty looks in the street and having to try twice as hard to gain the respect and admiration from the next generation of Black women who have grown up with this crap.
    The next generation of white boys police officers will see 50Cent everytime they stop a young Black man in the car and treat him as such.

A g*ddamn shame........

Why do we let fools like that even get away with ruining our reputation?

8. Akilles

Akilles Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, until you rule your self someone else will rule you.

And they will decide who are your heroes and heroines.

Ive made this point before no one got the message.

9. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Yep, he's probably some agent of sorts. He is always beefing with other rappers, and snitchhing on them through his music. What better way to bring down a whole lot of Black multi millionaires....He doesn't look too bright. How many rappers can rap while cheesing at the same time. He looks like a Black vantriliquist dummy with a skull cap..........much props though for the brother making his fame in this cruel world. The movie will probably lull me asleep. Prove me wrong Fitty. The father role comment was uncalled for. Somebody needs to catch his ar$e in da club.....real quick:lift:

10. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472

:lol: :lol: :lol: