Amun-Ra : $50,000 Wedding Ain't Worth It!

see marriage is about the bond , the love in heart
the vows ...........today everybody on the money stuff
trying to have the best wedding in town but
what about the true love of vows posed unto one another
not that 700.00 dress for one hour and the cake for 200.00
to slice up and the big fancy limo ....what !!! give me my own car
weddings should be kept simple and sweet as once was
not this madness being posed today .......mannnnnnnnnnn!!
next it will cost ya arm , leg, house,car , and ya heart..........

Showing Out

If you aren't wealthy, a $50,000 wedding seems extravagant for such a shaky proposition. I've been to them and they are nice. I've been to one that cost even more and they are nicer, but the bottom line is the marriage and the cheap ones and the extravagant ones fail at the same rate. It would seem a good time to cut your losses. Now, for my sexist comment. Women have been conditioned to have a big fairy tale wedding. It starts from the moment they are born and continues until they go to the grave. American movies and advertising (the diamond industry, flower industry, gown industry, vacation industry, etc.) all have a stake in making this part of a woman's dream. It is the ultimate romantic fairy tale. Diamonds aren't forever for men. Tuxedos are rentable and look the same--unless we go ghetto fabalus (green, pink or yellow). Everything centers on the woman. It is a woman's thing although the marriage is certainly important to both, but it is marketed almost solely to women.

Ra

:heart:

With Their Eyes Open

I meant they have their eyes open to how difficult it will be as a mixed couple. You are right, all couples go into their marriages with their eyes open, but a mixed couple must also be aware of more things than will affect their marriage that have nothing to do with their romance or relationship, or maybe that should be that has everything to do with their romance and relationship.

Ra

;)

to me vows are a very beautiful
and opening of a heart and soul
combining as one…feelin complete
what happen to love each other
not try to out do your
best friends wedding
..but now and
days the cost is more
important..i had a friend get
married this pass
summer she paid 1500.00 for her grown
she only can
wear once…and the party after
wards was very nice..and all the money they spent
instead of rentin a house
they could of purchased a house....but
now they yellin divorce….after 6 months....
me i dont see no sense in all that...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back