Amun-Ra : $50,000 Wedding Ain't Worth It!

Thank you Amun-Ra, very good information. Now, as I read these statistics, seems to me much of the "inbalances" can be changed as a result of a change in thinking and behavior. For example.

"black men are far more likely to marry nonblacks than are black women." Black men could take the view that this behavior is a problem in the Black family and either not do this or do it far less frequently.

"It has also been suggested that the American government promotes single motherhood for African American women by providing welfare aid and, along with it, a certain degree of economic freedom for these women. This governmental safety net may also aid men in rationalizing their refusal to marry." Black women, when possible, should use this type of assistance as a last resort; take a different view on having babies outside of wedlock and be more supportive of each other to avoid being seen as an economic drain on society.

"Eighty percent of African American graduate students are women." More Black men could enter graduate school to obtain terminal degrees. However, it would also help if the job market could absorb more educated Black men and sometimes it doesn't turn out that way. It's often said that Black women find it easier to get a job than a Black man because Black men are seen as a threat to White men. Do you think there is some truth to this?

Do Black men prefer light-skin toned women? Do Black women prefer dark-skin toned men? Well, I have to admit that I do and I'm not sure why that is! Hmmmm...

Hey Ra ...

50k? ... that's a lot of money.

Ra, a comment you made raised a question. You mentioned:

Ra quote:
Blacks marriages end in divorce nearly three times as often as white marriages, which is horrendous because white marriage fail 2 to 1. In other words for every two marriages, one will fail and the rate for black folk is even higher.

Is there a study or what is your opinion on the divorce rate of interracial marriages? Do the figures falls closer to the black statistics or the white statistics or somewhere in the middle?

No Opinion . . .

Interesting there are numerous studies on the subject of interracial divorce stability--I have several papers I've written on the subject and I will post them for you.

It is a hard one to shake because there are many factors influencing all of this. I plan to write on them because there are a couple of things I would like to take issue with and one in particular is that men are intimidated by independent women.

Ra

:cool:

What? You don't have an opinion? LOL!

I will await your papers on the subject of interracial divorce to hear what you have to say...thanks for indulging me.

It will also be interesting to hear what you have to say on that issue "men intimidated by independent women", for I too have some issues with that as well.

indeed 50k is a lot
yes it's true that so many end so soon as fast as they get hooked they lose i study it to some point and found that
Black marriages crack faster then whites but both to crash
more then the records show
what happen to a simple wedding and fun as love is bonded
it's the money stuff i guess that rip bonds apart like paper
ya on point ............it's true how marriages fails
out of 100 about 70 end in devoice a total combine of all creeds

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back