Black People : 5 Types of “Conscious” Black People To Avoid If You Want To Grow

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UBNaturally, Nov 15, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    [​IMG]

It is my theory that the black conscious community is nothing more than a “thought trap”. Let me explain. There are few genuine thinkers and too many mindless followers. The so called conscious community is populated by individuals promoting and defending ideologies instead of pushing the boundaries of what they know and believe to bring us to a place where we can unite beyond labels. The community has become like any other religion or belief system- no thought required.

[​IMG]

There are more people talking about what we should be doing in our communities than there are doing anything to help our communities. There are too many people asking for solutions than there are people being those solutions we need. The black conscious community will be the first to attack you for thinking outside the box, which is why I described it as a thought trap. It has become the new religion for people who have walked away from the old religions. However, like the old religions, it too has become a prison for the thinking mind.

Just like in any “ism”, to be accepted in the black conscious community, you have to think, believe, and regurgitate the same old information that everyone else does…oh and say hotep at the beginning and end of every conversation. You have to be in lock step with the masses, or you will be made to feel that there is something wrong with you. You don’t fit because you have the audacity to think something that has not been approved by the Board of Black Conscious Thought…if there is such an organization.

Read more...
    http://www.kaperville.com/5-types-of-conscious-black-people-to-avoid/

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. SuperCerebralgal

SuperCerebralgal Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +43
    So out of all the people in the Black community that one should avoid for the purposes of personal growth, the author choose the only group of people who consistently love to learn about themselves and teach others?

Mentalities like this are why Black people will continue to stay losing

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  3. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,775
    Well stated...

4. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    :donttell:many of Destee's participants falls in one of these groups or the other, should they also be avoided? I fear if we did there would be nobody left except for maybe a few! :drink:

5. Shems Nbedjer

Shems Nbedjer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +117
    That's funny, I think on page 7 of Metu Neter they are touching on a similar subject.

It's state there are three types of people
    1)people that depend on learning from outside themselves
    2) reliance on learning from within
    3) an equilibrium of both approaches

The book states it better to have a balance of both (3). Learn from each other and learning from within, internal (power of the spirit).

The book goes on to state western civilization depends on 1).

None of us is with out fault. Its hard to over come years of brainwashing, miseducation(that is still in effect). Imagine you being woke and your whole family and friends is sleep and no where near waking up....so I try to stay in my own lane, know myself, embrace others in the family, stay away from negative energy, and build my natural God given godness. Police yourself, think positive, become a superhero (Heru).

6. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,775
    Although Destee represents the microcosm of the macrocosm divisional groups include:

• Black Conscious Groups (eg. Africancentrists, Non-Believers, Aquarius Enlightened)
    • Religious Conscious Groups (eg. Hebrew Israelites, NOI, Black Muslims, 5%-ers, Christians)
    • Sambo Conscious Groups (eg. Knee Grows, Nuccas, Ninjas, Black Conservatives)
    • Euro-Conscious Groups (eg. Boule' et al Greek Frats and Soros)

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Ironic that you dare claim the colored old school holy rollers and the so called black conscious folk were and are no different...

The first always believed in redemption in some imaginary heaven:

The second believed or believes their redemption can and will come in our lifetimes...

At least that was and is a new approach...

If you are going to direct criticisms at other viewpoints, also do your homework, too...

FYI

• Respectful Respectful x 1
    • Enjoyed Enjoyed x 1
    • List
  9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Sometimes we place our blind faith in ideas etc. later we come to find lacking etc.

I choose to not make it personal, become subjective about the subject, do remember that tiny steps lead us forward, as well...

If I could and can change my mind, better for me (or you) to become better role models, as well...

Backward, never..

Forward always....

FYI

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    After eras of enslavement, then others of segregation, it took effort to move above and beyond just going along to get along...

Now the effort has to be about rising above/beyond our own regression and retreat(s)..

If we remain the inferiors, it is only because others remain superior, though only by default...

FYI

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black conscious thought

2. how to tell a Black conscious type

3. the black comscious woke community jokes