Food Discussion : 5 Reasons You Should Start Eating (Yes, Eating) Coconut Oil

In the Spirit of Coconut Oil,

5 Reasons You Should Start Eating (Yes, Eating) Coconut Oil

As if that weren't enough, coconut oil produces ketones, the brain's second-favorite form of energy, which makes it good for brain health, said naturopathic physician Meagan Purdy. Ketones also tend to burn fat but not muscle tissue, which makes coconut oil ideal for building strength.

The best part? You don't need to be a nutrition expert or foodie to make use of this trendy superfood. Here are a few low-investment, high-return ways to incorporate coconut oil into your diet.

1. Substitute it for butter According to Sharp, you can use coconut oil in popcorn, on vegetables, in baked goods, on toast or pancakes, and in pretty much anything else where you would normally use butter for a healthy, vegan alternative ....

http://www.glamour.com/story/how-to-use-coconut-oil

coconut-oil.jpg

VERA LAIR/STOCKSY

Thank you. I’ve been using coconut oil since I read this topic.
It is a bit different.
The first time I pan fried some fish the oil remained white. I thought the coconut oil would turn to a clear colored oil when used. It didn’t.
I didn’t know what to expect when time came to turn the fish. It was good. Didn’t flake apart.
It’s good for popping popcorn.

Thank you. I’ve been using coconut oil since I read this topic.
It is a bit different.
The first time I pan fried some fish the oil remained white. I thought the coconut oil would turn to a clear colored oil when used. It didn’t.
I didn’t know what to expect when time came to turn the fish. It was good. Didn’t flake apart.
It’s good for popping popcorn.

Shortly, I'll be on my way to "Sprouts" to pick up some more. Use unrefined, if you haven't already ... I also put it in my coffee and rub it on my body, yep.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back