Health and Wellness : 5 reasons why you should avoid Canned food; All because they are harmful

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Liberty, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Liberty

Liberty going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,225
    In this section of Seattle Organic Restaurants I'm going to talk about hams of canned food. No logical, reasonable person would suggest that canned foods and canned fruits and vegetables are as good or better than fresh foods, vegetables, and fruits. It is obvious that fresh is good and retains most of its nutrients. This much, almost no one argues with. But the big question is how bad canned products are, really? Well the answer might surprise you or not.

[​IMG]

1. Bisphenol or BPA
    The most worrisome of all, among canned foods that can harm you, is plastic contaminants in our canned goods. Most canned food these days have a plastic coating inside the can to supposedly keep the food, vegetables, and fruits – fresh. Well, it may keep them more fresh that otherwise without it being stored up inside a metal object, but this comes at the expense of harming you. The inner plastic lining is poisonous at small measures, although FDA tells us that the small amounts should not worry us too much. Well this plastic coating is Bisphenol or BPA for short and it is harmful, first because humans are not suppose to eat plastic material made from crude oil and second because FDA should be honest and tell people the truth rather than serve the interests of big corporations that give it large sums of money through back channel donations and hidden funds through partner organizations.

BPA kills rats in laboratories even at smaller portions, like 1,000 times less than what an average American consumes per meal. I hope soon FDA would do a U-turn on this and come clean and tell people about the harm to humans caused by BPA like they do periodically about drugs which they have claimed for decades to be safe, only to tell us now that they were not safe. I just hope it does not take decades before they try to protect the public against BPA. BPA is a toxic chemical that causes
    hormone imbalances and wide variety of health issues ranging from hypertension, aggression, obesity to cancer and heart disease. Based on FDA 17% of the American diet comes from canned foods yet there are no regulation or safety standards regarding the amount of BPA in canned foods. A study by Environmental Working Group shows that more than 50% of cans with brand names have toxic BPA in them.

Read more

http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/avoid-canned-food/

2. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  3. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,225
    Isn't that sickening? FDA standards are too low! Their food pyramid is unhealthy, too. You can't trust their suggestions on anything.

4. IFE

IFE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +551
    After reading that years ago, I started using fresh and frozen vegetables.
    Stop when I see a fresh veg stand. Where we live there are lots of farmers. Really, I'm just one block from ranches with horses and farmers, lol. I don't know how this happened. We liked the house. Didn't check the neighborhood.
    I don have a canned food section in my cabinet anymore. Replaced that section with teas.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077

Surprise! From the same link source:):

This is Gross, but is it Dangerous?

Quite the contrary. "They're actually pretty healthy," says Dr. Philip Nixon, an entomologist at the University of Illinois, in regard to insects, "If we were more willing to accept certain defect levels such as insects and insect parts, growers could reduce pesticide usage. Some of the spraying that goes on is directly related to the aesthetics of our food."

The FDA agrees that it's reasonable to accept more natural defects in our food in lieu of increasing the amount of pesticides sprayed on them:

:puke:

6. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,225
    They have lost their minds. LOL They are defending crazy stuff. Insect and rodent filth. C'mon!!!!

*smh*

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  8. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,225
  9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,077
    :rofl:

10. Liberty

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,225
    LOL It does look good....mouth watering.... That was kind of mean to post the pic, knowing we aren't supposed to eat it, you know! Now, I'll have to make the homemade version, I guess.

Ok, I went through the dirty thirty. The only one that troubled me was the veggie burger. I do have to pay special attention to vitamin B12. I take a B12 supplement daily, and I factor B12 into my diet vigilantly. Also, I didn't know about the dangers of the coloring in diet sodas, but, common sense told me that anything that tasted so much like a chemical couldn't be healthy, so I never got into those. Now, I like Crystal Light, though, every now and then. I like their popsicles and drink mix. But, I guess I am better off with the flavored water drinks I make. I put 1/8 juice and 7/8 water.