Black Entertainment : 5 Reasons Why Marvel's Civil War could be Garabage

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by MANASIAC, May 9, 2006.

1. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hello Folks :).

Let me give you some reasons why I Think Civil war could be garbage.

1. The Political Plot

I am sorry Marvel, I am so tired of seeing this same longwinded plot in all of your comics involving mutants. I remember back in 1989 (When Stryfe came on the scene) when the president was thinking about pushing a registration program in the Marvel Universe. I mean come Marvel can we please get a better premise than this one. Anything but this tired *** political response to mutants killing innocent humans in the marvel universe. I mean why not create a gangsta as computer like Brother Eye or something. But this idea of registering mutants is the same **** story marvel has been running for the last decade, can yall get over it please.

2. Read Number One Again

3. Heroes Versus Heroes Whoopee!

Dude this is gay, lame and cheesy. Who cares about Captain America VS Ironman? Why do I want to read another 6 issues about the heroes of the marvel universe fighting each other over a political amendment? Earth to Marvel - Get a better plot line.

4. When will the time travelers arrive!

Yall know Marvel has to do some time travel; I am just waiting for Captain Americas 5th Cousin from 3045 to come in and save the day. Or Better yet maybe Apocalypse JR and another white person with the last name of summers will come into the story.

They have not arrived yet but they are coming.

5. Marvel only wrote this crap to compete with Infinite Crisis.

Marvel, DC will not loose.

Anyone else think this first Issue of Civil War aint all that great?

manasiac :uzi:

2. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    True indeed. The only "interesting" thing to come out of all of this, is the ILLUMINATI plot, but that's a story that should have been told a long time ago.

This CIVIL WAR non-sense is just one more indication that the "House of Ideas" has just officially run out of them.

:lol:

Precisely. And where are all of their "notorious villains" throughout all of this? In their attempt to compete with DC, it's obvious that all of this was rushed and poorly thought-out.

LMAO!! I admit that I used to be a huge SUMMERS fan; I thought they were the creme' dela creme', but this whole new "VULCAN" as the 3rd SUMMERS brother thing is doo-doo. This was a plot concept that had been set up since the early 90's.......And now they went and changed it (originally it was supposed to be ADAM-X, the X-Treme that was supposed to be the 3rd Brother), just to "auspiciously" fit it into CIVIL WAR.

Yeah, for so long, Marvel had DC's number. Now, the tides have completely and securely turned, and Marvel knows it.

DC had its fans enthralled for the past 2 years or so, and from what I have been reading, they have things locked down for another 2 years.

I remember a time where it used to be "The Big 2", but now DC is owning Marvel: DC has never failed with a cartoon series, while with the exception of X-MEN, every toon that Marvel has put out has sucked the phat one. Did anyone bother to see that AVENGERS movie? Awww, such hot garbage.

Wth the exception of Spider Man, Blade and X-Men, Marvel's movies are crap as well, while DC hit the ground running this Millenium with BATMAN.

For DC, the CRISIS (storyline) is over, but at Marvel, it looks like the "Crisis" is just starting.

I can't wait to see what lame concept Marvel will come up with to try to stay in competition with DC next. :rolleyes:

PEACE

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    By the way, have you heard that in DC's 52, they are creating both an all Black and all Asian super-teams?

I'll try to see if I can find some pics for you. No names for the characters yet (I guess they are leaving that as a surprise), but there have been some sketches floating around on-line.

PEACE

4. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    It's kind of hard to say which is better than the other.

5. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    marvel aint been the same since jack kirby...

one love
    khasm

6. Sefirot

Sefirot Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +14
    I havn't read Marvel since Rob Liefeld left to create Image. I can't imagine them being the Marvel of old. With the Beyonder, Molecule Man, Secret Wars, the Morlocks, Spiderman vs Wolverine (my all time favorite), Hulk vs Thor, Melt Down, etc... It's good hearing that they are at least trying to keep things interesting.
    I hate DC because everyone can do "virtually anything" (and isn't the new Green Lantern Gay now?). Marvel universe would go deep into explanation. How Spidey's web sprayer worked is just an example. But anyway, I can appreciate the post.

7. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    It's not, actually..........Especially if you are thoroughly reading both sides. Only one is displaying substance and true love for their characters, while the other is just using the characters as a means of trying to keep up with the competition. :nono:

That's a good way to run said characters into the ground.

PEACE

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Which GL are you talking about? All the GL's (you know that there are now 7200 of them, right), are all heterosexual.

If you're talking about the 5 GL's that are earth-based, they are all absolutely heterosexual--most of them have wives or girlfriends.

PEACE

9. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I've mostly been reading about characters on the internet. Believe me they have a whole bunch of stories on the net. They are talking about making a new Flash movie, Batman Vs Superman, and they're trying to get Tyrese to play Luke Cage. I almost forgot about the movie that is going to just center around Woverine after Hugh Jackman finishes the X-Men sequels.

10. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    Hey Sek the 52 series is gonna be hot. I am going to purchase those when I get the chance. Check out those year later when u get the chance.