Black People : 4800 (TWIN ON CRIPS)

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Nameless, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
  2. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,015
  3. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110
    it's spoken word

nah have not seen the documentary...

i actually spent time with Twin

I'd rather gain my experience from people that are alive...

it's just a better way for me to understand

better to talk to the people

the media and movies and television are all the perspective of the author, and usually conveys the message they wish too, u know

kinda had with all the controversial articles and bs, and causes that ain't goin no where but in circles

i'm ready to move forward

if u'd like to share a clip from the doc... i'll watch it and discuss it with u, but i don't even much watch tv these days, or listen to the radio

i spend most of my time talking to GOD...

4. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    There are alot of peeps living who have survived this thing in LA called bangin. The documentary in question is very powerful in detailing the roots of most LA street gangs from a APB perspective.

Knowing this history myself, I only had one problem with Bone's documentary. In talking about the history of the Community Revolutionary Inner Party Service, he does talk about this became corrupted and the initial CRIPS constitution was changed to Reform. There are some who deny this acronym existed as fact but I know this constitution did exist, at least on paper. I pullished an article breaking down its contents for a black student newsmagazine in the mid 80s. Also, I do not recall any mention of the CRIPS as an extention of the AVES (in the film).

Nonetheless, it is the most comprehensive film of the roots/origins of the CRIPS/Bloods to date.

One more thing. This documentary gives the impression that the Bloods, as a gang, predated the CRIPS. This is totally false. Bloods were not federated until after 1972. In any event, a centralized command structure for both factions never materialized.

In all respect, Twin is just one of many who survived. Many more aint around to speak for themselves.

Peace!

5. Nameless

Nameless Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +110

I like you

I'm not saying that I don't care about the innocent lives lost within this common struggle

With regard to talking to people who are alive I didn't mean death applied to anyone

I meant dead script, corrupted information and opinions of movie makers, to many "credits" to review to uncover the common interest, but overall it's always been the same "common interest" of oppression that yields all of the different examples of in fighting

IMO blood/crip are one in the same

I think of a lyric by DMX where he says "I'm out for blood with the crips at war"...... meaning together

all in the same gang... etc

now as far as information from alive, meaning people who I've learned to value information from

such as yourself:

I would be delighted to read your paper... no doubt

I have experience with you....

remember ur pursuit of work, ur feeling while the pursuit was going on, our discussions of MEDI-SIN

I mean you were going thru something and yet and still had the time to care about "struggle"

If GOD blesses me to know ONE person within a struggle, I am certain GOD is accurate in the picture I see

I LOVE BLOODS/CRIPS/THUGS/HOPELESS/HOMELESS/JOBLESS/

NAMELESS :)

When I say I spent time with Twin I mean I got to know him, along with many other perceived or made to be gang bangers... at different times, and most gang activity we see on tv is not the true feelings of each one

I'm into feelings true feelings and not the face people put on for the world

peace

PS

will watch the video clip latah....