Black People : ..........

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by spicybrown, Feb 3, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118

2. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    That there is no need to define me because I'm already here,
    I am her and she is me!
    We are we !

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    Blackish? who dat?

4. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Yeah, I'm waitin' fuh de anza on nat, too(smile!) Sounds like an infection! LOL!

Isaiah

5. HoneyBrown05

HoneyBrown05 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Well...

I love and except how God made me because I know that I was made in the image of Him, but I when I look in the mirror I always look deeper. Pass my skin color, and see me, my soul and spirit and try not to let society define who I am because I know who I am through Him who created me.
    What is Black anyway? When I look at a BLACK crayon I do not see my reflection so I do not consider myself "black". As a people how do we define ourselves as a whole, a race, a culture? Didn't the white man label us this word and more? All I know is that my ancestors skin was kissed be the sun and genetically it was passed down to me, lol!
    And what beautiful skin it is and it comes in variety of different shades.

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    no, we are black. deal with it.
    personaly, i consider it a blessing.

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    Self-Acceptance/Knowledge is the massest wmd that there is. when humanity grabs that, it'll all be over. non-white humanity understands this and longs (is gearing up to clean house and get back to; come on along, Fam; it's gonna be more fun than last time) to get back to it and get over the mess. unfortunately, "certain people" ... (from here on out, in my mind, it's "white supremelunacy" of the "supremelunatics" or lunatics for short ...)

as a people, as a whole. at the end of the day, as it was in the beginning; we be Africans. we have had/we have/we will have our own name/"label" for ourselves and too often imposed/introduced by "outside influences". We are Afrcans. (ok; yes, sir/ma'am(s); those are valid comments. and none of them say that we are not Africans ... "of one sort of another" ... smh)

us folks here in de 'merrycon bs are, Americans. yes, America is in as bad a hurt as we are, if not worse. frankly, the way that they've twisted us since they sort of, mostly declared us sort of citizens, it just shows that they ain't the "America" that was/is at the Spirit of Our Nation. (call it America's Spirituality, if you will.) they defined it and lied about every aspect of it ever since before the ink was dry. as Americans, it is our civic duty to clean house. true enough; they lied, they jacked us, they're jacking everything else. we bled, we died, we do the work; reckon it would be useful if we fixed it! she's in sad shape, at the moment. but so are we. the best fix for feeling like it ain't working out for ya is to take a bit of time out to help fix up something that is broke, has been messing real tough with ya, but is totally below the ropes; that last arm is slipping. here's our chance to build the America it claims to be. we could really use the tools, techniques, power, money, prestige and all that that is America. Particularly when She gets back on her feet and back to her .. well! .. sorry.

if we don't grab that sense of Dignity, Honor, Respect and Ownership about this home that we've grown up in, how can we expect to know what our nation building is supposed to accomplish? let alone get pumped about doing more than talking ... Love You Fam!! (no; i'm not a zealot; there is a wonderful opportunity here to grab ourselves a country/homeland, one that we are familiar with and, well, since we are the ones that clean the closets and the ones that buried all the bodies ... !! certainly an intriguing investment opportunity! imagine what we could do with this fixer!! :grin: )

now, if'n us folks was to go and put this here mess back together, not only would it tell this here planet a thing or two about what Africans can do when we get our minds set around the idea, but it'll also get us acquainted, and comfortable, with the tools required to "build that nation" ... or "ship" it home to Africa ... everywhere we are, all over the planet.

we are, also; "Black America: How's Your Ledger Today?[tm]". :)

stop with the crayon comparison; it ain't valid. as it is used in this context, black is not a color; "Black" is a "Heart/Soul/Is" thing. it'll do until we get the "American African" bit worked out: at the present time, we'd be something like "USAyan Africans". <major yuck!> when we hook up with the Canadian Africans, we could get to "North American Africans". hook it on up with Latin America, Central America, South America, and suggest to the Islands that we are, in fact, a bit closer for whatever support/exchange and would be Honored if they would consider being members of American Africa. <shrug> i guess? maybe? an idea? a discussion point?

we be Black. we be Americans.
    We Are Africa.