Black Positive People : <3 What Did "YOU" Do Today/This Week To Elevate Your People!!!<3

Discussion in 'Black People Doing Positive Things' started by Feather, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    To my Kings and Queens

We are in discussion everyday and we need to take accountability if we want to see change. People in their spare time, day off what-have-you can start to devote that in positive ways to contribute to our communites or organizations that are in aim to establish our people in society. Post your efforts and contributions HERE! That will encourage people to act by setting an example, spread ideas on how to and where to help out for those who may not know; give hope that "someone is doing something and not just yapping" :rolleyes:. What are you going to do this week or today! Tell everyone! Inspire your people! We want to know!

There is no gun behind anyone's head hahahah and the littlest contribution should not be mocked people. Even if it is spreading knowledge to the ignorant that is a big step! Knowledge is power!

If this thread dies that says alot about our passion for what we desire, if it stays we're making it happen!!! Good luck everyone...luv ya:heart:!!!

(forgive me if it is a repeat whomever can delete it if it is and tell me about one that exists if so...:cool:)

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    To start sister , Another frustrated Task
    the state or an instance of being frustrated is like a deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled ventures, right now in my mind
    i kinda sit like Obama whereas everything i bring suggest and offer has been over looked / ignored
    blew out of context then the none believers whom critic me and down play it instead of supporting
    but yet to voice a solution themselves no more then negativity.......

It leaves me in disray so i focus on the unemployed teens speaking and showing them the full
    importance to take that corner job/ be a bag boy/ Mcdonald's and so forth to help pull weight
    in the household to make ends meet until we can see relief .

But my greatest push is to see us as a people a collective one, I'm not high on talking about
    what i do or say but bring my heart to peace knowing i've help one soul

when we propose something we will always be critic or shot down without any hope to have
    our suggestions even evaluated before passing judgement

what have any of us done .........we all have talked and talked and talked with little
    true working action or solutions to fix anything ..........

Another hot air
    voicing

3. Feather

Ratings:
    +412
    I'll go first I guess...I stopped procrastinating with the help/motivation of a good man, Full Speed and set an appointment for orientation at a college that supports small businesses and persons wanting to start small businesses. I've been meaning to do it but never did until this week. I am optimistic about my plan! If I succeed (A) the best I will gain financial freedom and gain a position to provide for my family and give back creating jobs (B) If I don't I'll have more knowledge towards my goal owning my own business :) and I'll be stronger in advancing toward my next venture. I don't have a degree in business management or anything like that, as many business owners don't, you don't need one. All you need is a demand and a way to supply to that demand. Read, its worth it, and you never know where your curiosities will get you, ask questions...its better to ask people who have done it. And it doesn't have to be something new :). I wish you well :)

4. Feather

Ratings:
    +412
    awww...see but I always tell my kids the art of ignoring people. People will always say pessimistic things but we have to not care and be stubborn in what we want. If the fire goes out and things are cold someone has to light it again or we'll freeze :). Even if you help young people that is still teaching them to take initiative and responsibility,that's big, which this country in school systems don't teach and emphasize, they baby you calling you a "minor" when our youth are capable of far more, strong and spirited, they just need direction. That's good you do that! I think that sharing that is beneficial. Perhaps a young man may read here and take your advice!

People like hope in good and to follow good. Muslims get up in the middle of the night wash their faces all in hope for their sins to be forgiven and for mercy... it is difficult; but hope and faith is contagious it will drive a person to overcome their negative self talk, discouragement, and believe! Thats why this is the place for actions that inspire! LET'S ALL DO SOMETHING! (waving my hands in the air ) lol "GO TEAM" lol!!!!!!!!!! corny but funny hahahahah.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Micro-lending weekend. For those interested, I participate through Kiva.

6. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I greatly reduced the future earnings of my creditors :).

I showed other Nubians how to reduce the future earnings of their creditors :).

7. Feather

Ratings:
    +412
    Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.
    Chinese Proverb

8. Feather

Ratings:
    +412
    For anyone, such as myself :rolleyes: who did not know what Micro-Lending is here is a link :D. I've heard of this before just wasn't familiar with the terms, NICE!

http://www.kiva.org/

9. MsVee

MsVee Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +30
    Love the Kiva site. I will be participating through them,too.

Right now, I am working on a (very small to start) annual event for women. I'll be asking guests to donate non-perishable food, clothes,warm coats, etc.,that will be donated to local women and children in shelters. The guests in return will receive a day of pampering and fellowship with other women.

Also, I am looking into working with young girls/ teenagers on some sort of self-esteem program.

I have too many things that I want to do,but the 2 that I mentioned above have been on my mind for awhile.

10. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    Kiva has merchandise and gift cards that support their efforts as well.