Black Christians : 3 Ways Jesus Read the Bible That Evangelicals Are Told Not to Do

Discussion in 'Christian Study Group' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
    In the Spirit of Study,

... Open for study and discussion Framily ...

3 Ways Jesus Read the Bible That Evangelicals Are Told Not to Do

For Evangelicals--and I'm among them--Jesus and the Bible are high on the priority list. Not just evangelicals but all Christians believe Jesus is the Savior, and that the Bible tells us about him.

But watching how these two priorities come together--watching how Jesus read his Bible (the Christian Old Testament)--can create some awkward moments, because Jesus read his Bible in ways evangelicals are taught over and over again not to read it.

1. Jesus didn't stick to what "the Bible says," but read it with a creative flare that had little if any connection to what the biblical writer actually meant to say.
    Evangelicals are told to respect the Bible by "sticking to the text" and not go beyond it. Jesus did the opposite.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pete-...-bib_b_5902534.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Author Explores Uncomfortable Facts About Jesus

interesting video:

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/51e5aa6e02a760286b00018f?cps=gravity

2. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe Jesus did what you charge him with But he had knowledge and understanding from God to properly fallow what was given through the earlier servants of God. Today you have people trying to give understanding to a book they have very little if no knowledge of the original scriptures.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,081
  4. Josh X Brown

Josh X Brown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +156
    As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what point are you trying to make? If you are trying to make a point because I am not a Christian by your standards and Ideology then I'll shoot that down right now.
    I am a fallower of the example of the man You call Jesus if I want to use the term Christian in it's True meaning I could call myself a Christian.