Black Christians : 3 Ways Jesus Read the Bible That Evangelicals Are Told Not to Do

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Study,

... Open for study and discussion Framily ...

3 Ways Jesus Read the Bible That Evangelicals Are Told Not to Do

For Evangelicals--and I'm among them--Jesus and the Bible are high on the priority list. Not just evangelicals but all Christians believe Jesus is the Savior, and that the Bible tells us about him.

But watching how these two priorities come together--watching how Jesus read his Bible (the Christian Old Testament)--can create some awkward moments, because Jesus read his Bible in ways evangelicals are taught over and over again not to read it.

1. Jesus didn't stick to what "the Bible says," but read it with a creative flare that had little if any connection to what the biblical writer actually meant to say.
Evangelicals are told to respect the Bible by "sticking to the text" and not go beyond it. Jesus did the opposite.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pete-enns/3-ways-jesus-read-the-bib_b_5902534.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Author Explores Uncomfortable Facts About Jesus

interesting video:

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/archive/segment/51e5aa6e02a760286b00018f?cps=gravity

Josh X Brown

Dec 6, 2013
As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not believe Jesus did what you charge him with But he had knowledge and understanding from God to properly fallow what was given through the earlier servants of God. Today you have people trying to give understanding to a book they have very little if no knowledge of the original scriptures.

Josh X Brown

Dec 6, 2013
As Salaam Alaikum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what point are you trying to make? If you are trying to make a point because I am not a Christian by your standards and Ideology then I'll shoot that down right now.
I am a fallower of the example of the man You call Jesus if I want to use the term Christian in it's True meaning I could call myself a Christian.

Fireman

May 19, 2017
1. Jesus didn't stick to what "the Bible says," but read it with a creative flare that had little if any connection to what the biblical writer actually meant to say.
Evangelicals are told to respect the Bible by "sticking to the text" and not go beyond it. Jesus did the opposite.
Jesus came to fulfill the law. The Mosaic Law was incomplete. The main ingredient was missing. Jesus brought the main ingredient. Jesus fulfilled the law spiritually. By that I mean He came to change the spiritual (heart) nature of man. Before the Law was about faith and justice but Jesus brought faith through compassion, mercy, forgiveness to the Law. So instead of just obeying the Mosaic Law (stoning adulterers) Jesus establish the law by faith through compassion, mercy, and forgiveness based on the love of God, not man's love. This is why Jesus said you have to be born again of the spirit. In other words, the spirit of man must change to that which is of God, so you can have the compassion, mercy, and forgiveness that is of God in you. So instead of us obeying the Mosaic Law, we should be as Jesus in establishing the Mosaic Law spiritually. Then we complete the Mosaic Law and can obey it.

These evangelist are blinded by their prejudices and biases that they can't see or feel the pain of others who have been affected by their prejudices and biases, that they think they don't have. And when you point it out to them, they refuse to believe it and will deny it. They may know God, but will God know them in the end.

Destee Chat

Latest profile posts

We want to make this website the last destination for people who wish to the right product for their needs. Regardless of whether it be a new gaming keyboard, baby product, trendy fashion, monitors and or workstation gadgets, you will consider our unbiased reviews on only beasts.com the essential guide to understanding your choices.
https://only-beasts.com
Destee wrote on Joyce's profile.
Thanks for the Blessing! Love You! :kiss:
Making sure I do more than I did yesterday. Progress is the Concept.
Ms Drea wrote on yahsistah's profile.
Welcome Back Sister!!
Love and Blessings!!
Hey Sister Destee just logged in to say Love you and miss you much! Hope you are well.