Black People : 25 Years Later: Tawanna Brawley

... hopefully now that she has been thrust back into view, more truths will come out about those 4 days ...

She was 15 years old in 1987 when this allegedly happened.

She's now 40 or 41.

No more "truths" are going to come out.

She and her family are sticking to their original stories, no matter how inconsistent, flimsy and unsupported they are.

I find it hard to believe in any "cover up" in which every Black and White person, male and female connected to this case in 1987 conspired together to discredit a 15 year old in a rape case.

I find it hard to believe that every Black and White nurse/doctor/or cop, every Black and White neighbor, her friends/peers/school-mates, and the FBI all conspired to suppress evidence and/or lie on a 15 year old girl in a rape case.

Again, I think she skipped school, went to visit her boyfriend in jail....Realized she was already in big trouble at home and was scared to go back home. ---- Then, she either still had a key to the old apartment they used to live in or she got in through a window....stayed there for a few days, and thought up this lie about being raped, cut and burned her clothes, wrote those words on herself, smeared dog feces on herself, got into a garbage bag and waited to be "found." (And, I think she contacted HER MOTHER at some time during those days and the mother went over to the old apartment to see her, probably brought her food and drink and helped her make up the story.)

.......cuz it is also a mighty big co-winky-dink to me that her alleged rapists just HAPPENED to drop her off right outside the building of the apartment her family used to live in.

WOW!

.... according to Tawana, she was held captive and raped for 4 days OUT IN THE WOODS..... but, she had NO recollection of how she got to the location where she was "found."

..... out of ALL the places her alleged "rapists" could have dropped her off between the alleged "WOODS" and the city, they just HAPPENED to take her to the very apartment building where she used to live.

WOW!

....AND...while one or more of these men was allegedly placing her on the ground there IN A GARBAGE BAG.....NOT ONE neighbor or pedestrian, Black or White, saw anybody doing this or a car or a van...any strange vehicle in the area??

WOW!

....and even IF someone DID actually see something to give some credence to her story, NOT ONE person, Black or White came forward to tell what they saw?

WOW!

She was 15 years old in 1987 when this allegedly happened.

She's now 40 or 41.

No more "truths" are going to come out.

She and her family are sticking to their original stories, no matter how inconsistent, flimsy and unsupported they are.

I find it hard to believe in any "cover up" in which every Black and White person, male and female connected to this case in 1987 conspired together to discredit a 15 year old in a rape case.

I find it hard to believe that every Black and White nurse/doctor/or cop, every Black and White neighbor, her friends/peers/school-mates, and the FBI all conspired to suppress evidence and/or lie on a 15 year old girl in a rape case.

Again, I think she skipped school, went to visit her boyfriend in jail....Realized she was already in big trouble at home and was scared to go back home. ---- Then, she either still had a key to the old apartment they used to live in or she got in through a window....stayed there for a few days, and thought up this lie about being raped, cut and burned her clothes, wrote those words on herself, smeared dog feces on herself, got into a garbage bag and waited to be "found." (And, I think she contacted HER MOTHER at some time during those days and the mother went over to the old apartment to see her, probably brought her food and drink and helped her make up the story.)

.......cuz it is also a mighty big co-winky-dink to me that her alleged rapists just HAPPENED to drop her off right outside the building of the apartment her family used to live in.

WOW!

.... according to Tawana, she was held captive and raped for 4 days OUT IN THE WOODS..... but, she had NO recollection of how she got to the location where she was "found."

..... out of ALL the places her alleged "rapists" could have dropped her off between the alleged "WOODS" and the city, they just HAPPENED to take her to the very apartment building where she used to live.

WOW!

....AND...while one or more of these men was allegedly placing her on the ground there IN A GARBAGE BAG.....NOT ONE neighbor or pedestrian, Black or White, saw anybody doing this or a car or a van...any strange vehicle in the area??

WOW!

....and even IF someone DID actually see something to give some credence to her story, NOT ONE person, Black or White came forward to tell what they saw?

WOW!

lol!

Maybe there will be a movie about this case.

Based on your scenario, I wonder what would the mother want to help her daughter fabricate a story to hide? do you think the mother knew she skipped school, and do you think the mother was helping her fabricate this horrid story about rape, and etc. to cover up just for skipping school?

what kind of big trouble could she have been in or gotten into at home that would necessitate such a fabricated story?

edited

lol!

Maybe there will be a movie about this case.

Based on your scenario, I wonder what would the mother want to help her daughter fabricate a story to hide? do you think the mother knew she skipped school, and do you think the mother was helping her fabricate this horrid story about rape, and etc. to cover up just for skipping school?

what kind of big trouble could she have been in or gotten into at home that would necessitate such a fabricated story?

edited

Can you imagine the emotional and psychological lengths and depths an abused woman will go through and to in order to protect herself and her child from an abusive husband/father or step-father?

If YOU were a woman either living with or married to an abusive, volatile man, an ex-convict who went to prison for murdering his former wife.....and the police have been called to your home numerous times on domestic violence visits.

YOU have a teenaged daughter who has skipped school before and has run away from home before, stayed out late, and was previously arrested on a shoplifting charge. --- YOU and your husband have disciplined her before for this behavior.

It's Tuesday, Nov. 24, 1987. Your 15 y/o daughter left home for school but never came back home.

Wednesday, the 25th.... Your daughter is still not home.

Thursday, the 26th, THANKSGIVING DAY... Your daughter has not returned home.

Friday, the 27th.....Your daughter is still not home.

Saturday, the 28th.... Your daughter is found in a horrible condition outside your former apartment and says she's been raped.

.... Now, I don't know if the mother actually HELPED her daughter in this story; but I think she, at least, came to know it was a lie and remained quiet. ---- I think she initially was trying to protect Tawana from her husband if he found out the truth of where she had been for those 4 days.

....Again, I think the mother and the step-father both came to know the truth but couldn't back out because they were in too deep.

So, they ALL had to stick to the lie.

Can you imagine the emotional and psychological lengths and depths an abused woman will go through and to in order to protect herself and her child from an abusive husband/father or step-father?

If YOU were a woman either living with or married to an abusive, volatile man, an ex-convict who went to prison for murdering his former wife.....and the police have been called to your home numerous times on domestic violence visits.

YOU have a teenaged daughter who has skipped school before and has run away from home before, stayed out late, and was previously arrested on a shoplifting charge. --- YOU and your husband have disciplined her before for this behavior.

It's Tuesday, Nov. 24, 1987. Your 15 y/o daughter left home for school but never came back home.

Wednesday, the 25th.... Your daughter is still not home.

Thursday, the 26th, THANKSGIVING DAY... Your daughter has not returned home.

Friday, the 27th.....Your daughter is still not home.

Saturday, the 28th.... Your daughter is found in a horrible condition outside your former apartment and says she's been raped.

.... Now, I don't know if the mother actually HELPED her daughter in this story; but I think she, at least, came to know it was a lie and remained quiet. ---- I think she initially was trying to protect Tawana from her husband if he found out the truth of where she had been for those 4 days.

....Again, I think the mother and the step-father both came to know the truth but couldn't back out because they were in too deep.

So, they ALL had to stick to the lie.

Yes, they stuck to some lie, and that means, a cover up. They are hiding something, because that is a very long time to have a daughter be missing. I wonder did the mother even call the police and report her daughter missing?

I wonder what happened to Tawana's biological father?

Yes, they stuck to some lie, and that means, a cover up. They are hiding something, because that is a very long time to have a daughter be missing. I wonder did the mother even call the police and report her daughter missing?

I wonder what happened to Tawana's biological father?

Well, if her mother's history of picking men stays close to the one she had then, I don't see Tawana's biological father being a much better candidate for fatherhood than her step-father was.

And, I don't recall any mention of her biological father.

Moreover, if the mother KNEW Tawana was in their old apartment, then she wasn't frantic about her. ---- But, they did have to figure how to keep her protected from her step-father.

I'm not sure WHEN the mother actually reported her daughter missing.

But, remember, Tawana had run away before.

I think the mother probably checked with Tawana's friends, looked for her in the neighborhood..... and finally found her at their old apartment.

Then, maybe they cooked up the rape story together.

But after all the media attention and legal ramifications and MONEY started rolling in, then they ALL had to stick to the "rape story."

And they ALL have for 25 years.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

It's a lot going on and I know I have not been here for a long time but it is about to change.
Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Back