Black People : 24 Hour Curfew - West Helena, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    24 Hour Curfew - West Helena, Arkansas

HELENA-WEST HELENA, Ark. (AP) - Helena-West Helena Mayor James Valley says he ordered a round-the-clock curfew and heavy police patrol in a ten-block section of town because the neighborhood was "under siege with repeated gunfire, loitering, drug dealing and other general mayhem."

Valley ordered the emergency curfew Thursday, effective immediately. It was still in place today. He said it would remain in place as long as the problems persist or until the city council can come up with a long-term plan at its August 19th meeting.

Thursday night, 18 to 20 police officers carrying M-16 rifles, shotguns and night-vision scopes patrolled the "curfew zone." They arrested about eight people and confiscated drugs and loaded weapons.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

Peace and Blessings Family,

From the stories i've seen and read, it appears that this is in a Black neighborhood. Folk can't come out of their house for anything! ... :lol: ... oh gosh ... it's not funny ... but dang ... well ... i guess this is the conditioning needed prior to the concentration camps.

Maybe they're testing the waters, before instilling martial law in every Black neighborhood?

The Mayor is Black, and so is the neighborhood that's under martial law right now.

Krazee.

:heart:

Destee

2. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Intuition or prophecy?

I think that agenda may very well be part of the next series of moves; and 9-1-1 provided the gateway for legislation that would actually allow this under the broad definition of anti-terrorism. It would be most interesting to venture into the area from a journalistic point of view and see what could be uncovered even after the curfew is lifted.

3. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    um

:bingo:

4. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,127

So just because you live in the wrong neighborhood, you cant be out after a certain time? What if you work a late shift? I think some people need to be recalled from office

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Kemetstry ...it's not that they "can't be out after a certain time" ...

This is a 24 hour curfew ... lol ... none of the 24 hours in a day, are you allowed out! :lol: :lol:

:heart:

Destee

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

Destee,

The New Life, keep on Truckin Baby!

7. LadyLC

LadyLC Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    I read about this on cnn.com a few days ago. From what I understood, there was the 24 hour curfew but only suspicious people were stopped. We all know what this means, people are basically prisoners in their own home and they were probably stopping anyone at any time. Thank you drug dealers and hustlers......

8. Zulile

Zulile Well-Known Member MEMBER

HR/Finance
    Ratings:
    +103
    I've been in a couple national curfews before - one due to a military coup, the other racial - both have their pros and cons

I understand this area they put this 24 hour curfew on is one of the poorest in the country and crime is outta control - children sleep on the floor to avoid stray bullets at night type of living. Cops are openly crooked, even the preachers 'got game' That is no way to live. Everyone needs a breather on occasion - a night off! White people employ police to patrol and control non-white people... we can consider the 24 hour curfew like the parents grounding their naughty children..

grrrrrrr

Users found this page by searching for:

1. West Helena Arkansas Curfew