Quiet Poetry Lounge : /

Discussion in 'Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On!' started by GYPSYMAN, Jul 3, 2001.

1. GYPSYMAN

GYPSYMAN Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
  2. DymePlaya2g

DymePlaya2g Well-Known Member MEMBER

Platform Makeup Artist, Creative Director
    Ratings:
    +1
    WHOA...

the intensity and profundity of this piece made me read it 4 times...very interesting and powerful in the message "COME...DUMB...BLACKS...ALL ARE WELCOME!!" *DEEP*

LOVE&RESPECT
    DP2G

3. GYPSYMAN

Ratings:
    +5
    PEACE

EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME, I THINK OF THE HYPOCRISY ENTRENCHED IN THIS AMERICAN HOLIDAY...I THINK OF BLACK REVOLUTIONARIES WHO TOOK A STAND IN THE 17TH AND 18TH CENTURIES AND WERE BRANDED "MURDERING COWARDS" AND "MONSTERS" FOR DOING WHAT SHOULD COME NATURAL TO ANY RACE OF PEOPLE ATTEMPTING TO OVERTHROW A SYSTEM BENT ON ITS OPPRESSION AND DESTRUCTION...REVOLT. WE HAVE MANY TRUE HEROES WHO DIED IN THE PROCESS OF REVOLT...AS YOU PROBRABLY WELL KNOW...NAT TURNER...DENMARK VASEY...GABRIEL PROSSER...MANY MANY MANY MORE ...AND THERE WAS THE SUCCESSFUL "HAITIAN REVOLUTION"..OF 1791...ALOT OF KNOWLEDGE AND PRIDE HIDDEN FROM OUR CHILDREN BECAUSE OF OUR UNWILLINGNESS TO RESEARCH, DISCUSS AND ELEVATE OUR OWN HEROES;RUSHING TO EMBRACE THEIR INDEPENDANCE DAY, WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR ANCESTORS INDEPENDANCE; ON THE CONTRARY, INDICATED THE COLONISTS "DEPENDANCE" ON THE "BLACK BACK" FOR FREE LABOR...DEEPENING AND STEADYING THE FOUNDATION OF STOCKHOLDING INSTITUTIONS STILL THRIVING TODAY, WHERE IS THE MORALITY AND PRIDE IN JUST THIS SIMPLE FACT ALONE ??....THIS SUBJECT IS MULTI-FACETED...I COULD GO ON...BUT WHO WILL CHANGE BECAUSE OF WORDS...THE FAMILY TRADITIONS GO TOO DEEP......BLACK AND WHITE.

PEACE AND THANKS 4 THE INPUT

GYPSYMAN
    ON A CONTINUOUS JOURNEY

4. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    WOW!!

TYGHT FLOW ON THE SPARKS OF JULY!!

5. GYPSYMAN

Ratings:
    +5
    THANKS

THANKS RICH ..THOUGHT I'D CRANK IT UP A LITTLE EARLY GET THE "FESTIVITIES" OFF TO AN EARLY START...YOU KNOW??

PEACE

ON A CONTINUOUS JOURNEY
    GYPSYMAN

6. DymePlaya2g

Ratings:
    +1
    WHO WILL CHANGE BECAUSE OF WORDS???

you'd be surprised! or if you're not able to warrant change in the older generations, the least you will have done is spark something in the younger. possibly, one will say, "TO HELL WITH AMERIKKKA'S TRADITIONAL ANTI-ASSIMILATION COMMERCIALIZED INDEPENDANCE DAY!" and set forth to proclaim the true spirit of Independance. Words have phenominal force and impact, postive and negative, so don't sell them short. we all know that the process may be a long and winding road, but with steps in the right direction, the change will eventually come about. your ideas have planted something in my mind that will remain, so applaud yourself but know that you have many more to reach.

"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality" -Martin Luther King, Jr.

LOVE&RESPECT
    DP2g

7. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    GYPSYMAN...

yo' flow be tyte...both messages received.

as long as we--as a people--continue to buy into the hypocrisy of this and other such LIES, we will forever be where we are...just where they want us to be. WE have to say...enuff. WE'RE too eager to say that WE--the individual--cannot make a change...but all change start with an individual. if we then teach our son...who will teach one...who will teach another...and another, the struggle will be over. first, we have to accept TRUTH within ourSELF.

One.

8. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    YA

KICK DES ONE OFF RIGHT
    NOW I GOTTA TAKE FLIGHT
    UPON THE LIGHT TIL NIGHT
    I HOLLA HAVE A GREAT 4TH
    BRUTHA:D WIT A BOOM!!

9. GYPSYMAN

Ratings:
    +5
    PEACE AND RESPECT

THANKS 4 REMINDING ME. DP2G ....RICH...BALLER...SOMETIMES I GET DISCOURAGED 4 REAL ...COMES OUT IN PESSIMISM...FORGIVE ME... I BELIEVE YOUR STATEMENTS TO BE TRUE..SOMETIMES MY " RE"-RESEARCH" AND NEW RESEARCH PERVADES MY SOUL AND IT TAKES ME A MINUTE TO GET POSITIVE AGAIN... THANKS FOR THE BOOST ..4 REAL.

MUCH LOVE MUCH RESPECT

On A Continuous Journey
    GYPSYMAN

10. DymePlaya2g

Ratings:
    +1
    Yo...It's all LOVE brutha!

It's natural to get discouraged sometimes, as long as you don't stay discouraged! yo i've become the King of quotes lately so please excuse me...LOL!

"we can do no great things-only small things with great love."

LOVE&RESPECT
    DP2G