Black People : 234 years later, NH slaves are granted freedom

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Wonder if the Governor will consider a special Holiday or something to make up for having to feel shameful...

"Their plea fell on deaf ears," Gov. Maggie Hassan said before signing the bill emancipating the 14, who were never freed. "It is a source of deep shame that our predecessors didn't honor this request. But today, more than 230 years too late for their petition, we say that freedom truly is an inherent right not to be surrendered."

234 years later, NH slaves are granted freedom

9abb027312c30b13340f6a70670044a5.jpg

Associated Press/Jim Cole, File - FILE - In this Feb. 14, 2013 file photo, Democratic New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan delivers her Budget Address to the Legislature at the Statehouse in Concord, N.H. Hassan is signing a bill Friday, June 7, 2013, that emancipates 14 slaves who petitioned for their freedom in 1779. The Legislature had voted to posthumously free the slaves, who signed a petition submitted to legislators on Nov. 12, 1779, during the Revolutionary War. (AP Photo/Jim Cole, File)

PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) — Fourteen slaves who petitioned the New Hampshire Legislature for their freedom during the Revolutionary War were granted posthumous emancipation Friday when the governor signed a largely symbolic bill that supporters hope will encourage future generations to pursue social justice.

A group of 20 slaves who had fought in the war submitted a petition to the New Hampshire General Assembly on Nov. 12, 1779, while the war was still being fought. They argued that the freedom being sought by colonists should be extended to them, as well, and maintained that "public tyranny and slavery are alike detestable to minds conscious of the equal dignity of human nature."
http://news.yahoo.com/234-years-later-nh-slaves-granted-freedom-172135405.html

Peace In,

Oh, I can go you one better:

Mississippi just ratified the 13th Amendment to the Constitution outlawing slavery.... this year, 2013. Not just "20" but ALL the black folk in Mississippi are free, now. :news:

I beg our ancestors to forgive me for laughing at this but wow...:lol:

One can only wonder what goes on in these people minds?
Always saying one thing and doing the other.

Personally bro. Corvo, I continue to place, what you identify about them, on their biological status of mutant recessives of the original people:

http://www.destee.com/index.php?thr...e-black-perspective.66166/page-42#post-739414

It doesn't look like you could find or make it back to the above discussion, so I'm providing support to my statement above.

Peace In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back