Black People : 22 shot in Chicago over 12 hours, including girl, 11, killed at sleepover

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Apr 21, 2016.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Shamiya Adams was sitting on a bedroom floor in her best friend's home, making s'mores after an evening of practicing a dance routine, when the shot ripped through the house in Garfield Park.

The bullet crashed through the wall of the bedroom and struck the 11-year-old in the head. She was rushed to Mount Sinai Hospital, where family kept an overnight vigil until the girl was pronounced dead at 7:33 a.m. today.

"They came out and told us she wasn't going to make it," Shamiya's grandmother said. "Oh, my God."

As the night wore on, about 40 people joined hands outside the hospital, forming a circle and praying.

"Just be with us, God. We need you now," one woman pleaded as a black SUV filled with police rolled past. "We need you now like never before."

Thirteen hours later, as police searched for the gunman, marshmallows and Hershey bars were still spread out on the bed, remnants of a summer sleepover turned tragic.

Traces of the girl's blood could be seen just beneath a stuffed Tweety Bird doll hanging from the bedroom wall at the home in the 3900 block of West Gladys Avenue, where she was shot about 9:35 p.m.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...-girl-killed-on-west-side-20140718-story.html

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,733
  3. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Wonder what Ice Cube and Dre think about all of this.

NWA: 'Our raps are documentary. We don't take sides'

Excerpt...

NWA have sold a million copies of Straight Outta Compton since February by embracing the language and thoughts of LA's street gangs. Even the sympathetic producers of Yo! MTV Raps balk at NWA's stance and have banned their Straight Outta Compton video, even though all the profanity has been removed. The video portrays one of the Los Angeles Police Department's notorious "gang sweeps", in which the police descend on a neighbourhood and throw all their "suspects" into paddy wagons. NWA, who are among the arrested, give a thoroughly convincing portrayal of unbridled machismo. "I think it's a marvellous record," says one of the record's two producers, Peter Dougherty, but he warns, "NWA aren't saying the violence is terrible. They're saying, 'We're terrible – we kick a...' If someone looks at you funny, shoot 'em, that's the vibe," says Dougherty.

Full Article
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/aug/07/nwa-1989-classic-interview

Ice Cube: Hillary Clinton Helped ‘Justify’ a War on Black People

[​IMG]

April 13, 2016

In an interview with Bloomberg, filmmaker and newly-minted Rock and Roll Hall of Fame member Ice Cube said Hillary Clinton’s “superpredators” comments in 1996 helped “justify” the police brutality that gave rise to the Black Lives Matter movement.

“To call your own citizens ‘superpredators’ is pretty harsh and a pretty big indictment,” Ice Cube said. “It’s really not solving the problem, it’s just making it worse. Now the authorities feel like their justified in how they treat these so-called ‘superpredators.'”​

Read more...(video within link)
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...ators-turned-cops-war-gangs-war-black-people/

It's interesting that the only music produced that has detailed messages about killing and murder, are within so called "black music" (heavy metal maybe, but I think that's more about killing themselves/suicide). What does this really say when we ignore it as if it's no big deal and entertainment.

Yea, we can all say that it's entertainment like movies and tv, but from my prospective, when someone picks up a microphone, it means "pay attention, I have something to say".

Ice Cube now doing a movie with Common (out of Chicago), so will they ever put out something that touches on Chicago's ills? Or is this potentially part of the hidden agenda to later focus on it without drawing attention to the social elements they are working on?

The new NWA could have an album called Straight Outta Chicago, and we can say the same:
    They are just street reporters...

upload_2016-4-21_19-28-16.png
    is a brotha that'll smother yo' mother
    and make ya sister think I love her

So what about the b...h who got shot? F... her!
    You think I give a d..n about a b...h? I ain't a sucker!

These are not words from the boy pictured above, but the lyrics that allowed NWA to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

So what are they saying when they speak?
    Brother J.... Verbs of Power?

upload_2016-4-21_19-29-18.png
    RIP Shamiya Adams

4. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Was under the impression that this article was recent, instead of nearly 2 years old.

5. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128
    Where are the guns coming from?????

6. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043

sorry to disappoint you.

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I've had access to guns my entire life.. from elementary school forward.. had fights.. lost friends.. never shot anybody.. never even almost shot anybody. It's not just the guns.. and the guns aren't going anywhere.

First kid I ever knew that was murdered was stabbed with a knife. And after these folks are locked-up they continue to murder each other without guns.

So a better question is.. the same question you ask about any war:

What are they fighting over?.. What is the basis of their ongoing conflict? No war can be ended without understanding the objectives of each side.

is it money based?.. are these shootings about drug territory?.. is it just a matter of gang-culture?

what makes a scene like this? And what can be done to prevent them in the future?

8. UBNaturally

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736

Wouldn't have made me happy if it was recent, just thought it was something in conjunction with recent events... all I was saying.

Simply misappropriated the context to think it was this year and that the young girl was recently killed at the sleepover. Information is still relevant regardless, so please don't take it that it isn't.

Keep us informed

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,128

The better question to ask is what is the difference in how we were raised? Because it is quite apparent today's parent(s) aren't fit and shouldn't have been allowed to spawn. Why would we never think to go get a gun to solve our problems?

10. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I didn't not reach for a gun because of my parents. My parents were the ones that had the guns in the first place. And trust and believe that neither of them were afraid to pull the trigger. My father carried a 357 magnum in a shoulder-holster almost all the time. I didn't go get a gun because I never lost a fight.. and in those fights where we fought to a draw, we gave each other respect from then on by staying out of each others way.. and usually.. eventually.. becomeing friends. It was a matter of community character. Even when we fought, our fights weren't brutal.. we didn't try to kill each other.. or seriously hurt each other.. we fought to show our dominance.. to hit.. to warn.. to enforce the boundaries that we felt must be respected.. ie.. personal space.. the honor of a family member.. property.. insult.. etc. There was no burning hatred.