Jails / Prisons : 21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by oldsoul, Jul 22, 2011.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor

[​IMG]

America imprisons more of its citizens than any other nation in history. With just 5 percent of the world’s population, the US currently holds 25 percent of the world's prisoners. In 2008, over 2.3 million Americans were in prison or jail, with one of every 48 working-age men behind bars. That doesn’t include the tens of thousands of detained undocumented immigrants facing deportation, prisoners awaiting sentencing, or juveniles caught up in the school-to-prison pipeline.

...the impact of excessive incarceration falling predominantly on African-American communities. Although black people make up just 13 percent of the overall population, they account for 40 percent of US prisoners. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS), black males are incarcerated at a rate more than 6.5 times that of white males and 2.5 that of Hispanic males and black females are incarcerated at approximately three times the rate of white females and twice that of Hispanic females.

Some of the largest and most powerful corporations have a stake in the expansion of the prison labor market, including but not limited to IBM, Boeing, Motorola, Microsoft, AT&T, Wireless, Texas Instrument, Dell, Compaq, Honeywell, Hewlett-Packard, Nortel, Lucent Technologies, 3Com, Intel, Northern Telecom, TWA, Nordstrom's, Revlon, Macy's, Pierre Cardin, Target Stores, and many more. Between 1980 and 1994 alone, profits went up from $392 million to $1.31 billion.

2. nixprophet

nixprophet Psalms 82:6 MEMBER

Young Black Entrepreneur
    Ratings:
    +357
    If we can say that "IN-adequate" means not enough, and "IN-comprehensible" means not understandable then we can conclude that this this "IN" prefix has the equivelant value of "NOT" or "CANT" when used infront of a word.....

Then if Blacks are the leading "inmates" within the prison system then what does this tell you?

"IN-mate"... Can't Mate...

Meaning the men behind bars cant mate aka GENEocide....

Peace..Peace..

3. Light

Light Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    The prisonz are just money makerz...

Think about it ... you have a quota to meet ... and you know there is a race of people that can easily be put there becauze most of the world haz a negative outlook on them....

Therefore you dont need wd40 to greaze that wheel... and on top of that you make money while there in jail... how ???

Television...

I know people have to have noticed the increaze in jail television showz???

Some one is living off that action ... muahahahah

And if it stopped how could they send their kidz to your kidz future ???

Muahahhaa

Basically this world livez off of death... if you want to invest in something ..........

Invest in jailz coffinz (EMT workerz) "they cant be sued" lol

I could tell about sooooo many psychological situationz in thiz world that are ..... oh well never mind

If you want to find out about how PHONY the psychological business iz go to you tube and see the man that created it

Carl Jung a person that helped invent the psychological field ... and from what you might ask .... he dabbled in the spiritualist fieldz ...

He also explainz that he a "very interesting" relationship with Freud the founder of the western worldz psychological field...

Basically I am not a fan once I learned the history ...

But back to the jailz;

Think about it they make it very difficult for you to defend yourself in court or in jail....

Why???

Because they make money from it ....

You are without a winning chance unless you can pay more money to a lawyer than you would be worth in a jail...

Your actual truth meanz very little....

Must I say more than some of the recent casez on television.... lol muahahahhaah...

Since I cant take you all to a happier place ... it is my job to tell you the truth
    Much love and light to you all...