Black People : 2005 Cosby Accuser claimed: All she wanted was an apology

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UBNaturally, Feb 21, 2015.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Bill Cosby's lawyers strong-armed tabloid into ditching story on rape claims

He also cast aspersions on the motives of the women who had raised the allegations, saying: “I am not going to give in to people who try to exploit me because of my celebrity status.”

Constand denied that she had ever asked for any money from Cosby and insisted in court documents that her only motivation in raising the alleged sexual assault was to ask the star for an apology. She sued both his legal team and the Enquirer for the suggestion that she was trying to “take advantage” of him, and the lawsuit was settled in 2006 for an undisclosed sum.

Source:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aten-sue-national-enquirer-2005-investigation

Pause... what?

20. On or about January 26, 2005, Cosby gave an interview to Cheltenham Township Police officers, in which Cosby admitted that neither Plaintiff nor her mother had asked him for any money, but had only asked him to apologize to Plaintiff and her mother, which he did.

25. At the Houston meeting, Cosby also informed Defendant The National Enquirer of the conversation he had with Plaintiff and her mother in January 2005, in which they had asked only for an apology, not for money.

Source:
    http://www.hollywoodinterrupted.com/archives/constand_singer.pdf

Cosby would have been 67 at the time of this assault.
    Regardless of if the story is valid or not, he would have still been 67 years of age thinking about the yummy yummy.

Bill Cosby Settles Lawsuit
    November 8, 2006

The woman claimed that Cosby, 69, assaulted her at his mansion in Cheltenham, Pa., in early 2004 after giving her pills. Attorneys for Cosby say the comedian gave the woman Benadryl after she complained of stress and sleeping problems.

Source:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bill-cosby-settles-lawsuit/

An apology???

She claims a 67 year old man assaulted and violated her, but all she wanted was for him to say:

"I'm sorry"

upload_2015-2-21_12-16-16.png

Move forward to Tamara Green...

Second Cosby accuser on why she came forward

February 10, 2005

Green: Well, there were a number of people at the table, friends of his, and he said to me, yes, you do seem ill, you're slightly feverish, would you like to have some Contact? You know, the cold medicine. And I thought, why not, can’t hurt. So he went into some sort of office area at the back of the restaurant and he produced two capsules in his hand. I thought nothing of it and I took the capsules. In about, I don't know, 20 to 30 minutes I felt great and then about 10 minutes after that I was almost literally face down on the table of this restaurant.

Green: Yes. He said, "Oh my, you must be more ill then we believed." I totally lost motor control; I was almost unable to hold my head up. I was very, very, very stoned. He took me into my apartment and then very helpfully and nicely was prepared to take off my clothes and help me into bed and pet me, and that's how the actual assault began.

Green: Yes. He said, “Oh my, you must be more ill then we believed. I totally lost motor control; I was almost unable to hold my head up. I was very, very, very stoned. He took me into my apartment and then very helpfully and nicely was prepared to take off my clothes and help me into bed and pet me, and that's how the actual assault began.

Lauer: And you say you lost control of motor control. Were you able to talk to him? Did you say, "I don’t want you to take my clothes off," anything like that?

Green: Well, at first when I got into my apartment and I was so, I didn’t know how sick I was or how stoned I was, but I slowly began to understand that I had not taken Contact. The center of my being understood that he had gone from helping me to groping me and kissing me and touching me and handling me and you know, taking off my clothes.

Lauer: And so how did this incident end?

Green: I actually told him that he would have to kill me, that if he didn't kill me and he tried to rape me, it was going to go very badly.

And I was furious and I'm throwing things around. So he, you know, I guess it was inconvenient at that point, I had not been crushed successfully into submission and he left two $100 bills on my coffee table and he left my apartment.

Lauer: Why didn’t you call the police after the medication wore off?

Green: Well, because, first of all I was very ill, the reason I took the medication is because I had some vile flu.

Source:
    http://www.today.com/id/6945190/ns/today/t/second-cosby-accuser-why-she-came-forward

• Green was very sick with a vile flu
    • Cosby gave her some medicine that made her feel better 20-30 minutes later
    • Then 10 minutes later she felt woozy
    • Unable to control her body, Cosby helps her to her apartment... where she is able to throw things around, even without being able to control her body?
    • Cosby gives her $200 for her before leaving

*Scratches head*

The third woman that came to accuse Cosby of something in 2005

Beth Ferrier

Was dating and having an admitted affair with Cosby

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1429395/posts

The fourth woman that came to accuse Cosby of something during the 2004-2006 scandal

Barbara Bowman

Bill Cosby Under Fire

December 18, 2006

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20059561,00.html

Things die down for seven years.... until:

Bill Cosby Returning To NBC To Star In Family Comedy

January 22, 2014

EXCLUSIVE:
    In 1984, The Cosby Show revived the sitcom genre and fueled NBC‘s ratings resurgence. Three decades later, Bill Cosby is looking to bring some of that magic back to NBC, which has been going though a rough time with comedies. The network has made a deal for a half-hour family comedy to star Cosby.

“They would like to see a married couple that acts like they love each other, warts and all, children who respect the parenting, and the comedy of people who make mistakes. Warmth and forgiveness,” Cosby told Yahoo TV in November.

Source:
    http://deadline.com/2014/01/bill-cosby-nbc-return-tv-series-star-669085

Then Newsweek felt the need to find Tamara Green and Barbara Bowman soon after to revisit the sexual assault allegations.

February 2014
    Katie Baker of Newsweek — Whitaker’s former employer — interviews both Green and Bowman about the alleged assaults. Bowman tells Baker she was disappointed in the settlement, and Green recounts running into and accosting Cosby in Las Vegas, yelling, “Rapist! Liar! *******!” While Cosby doesn’t issue a statement regarding Bowman’s claims, his publicist responds to Green, “This is a 10-year-old, discredited accusation that proved to be nothing at the time, and is still nothing.”

Things die down again for a few months... until:

Bill Cosby's new NBC comedy show could debut as early as next summer

July 14, 2014

The series, described as a "classic, extended-family sitcom" with Cosby as the patriarch, is currently in the writing stage, NBC executives said at Sunday's session of the summer TV critics' tour. It was first announced in January.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ew-comedy-show-debut-summer-article-1.1865796

Comedian affiliated with Tina Fey (did a skit on Cosby allegations in 2005) does material using Bill Cosby rapist jokes in his shows.

Gets attention when he performs the routine in Philadelphia.

October 16, 2014
    Comedian Hannibal Buress does an extended bit about the rape charges in Cosby's home town of Philadelphia. "Bill Cosby has the ******* smuggest old black man public persona that I hate," Buress says. "Pull your pants up, black people. I was on TV in the ’80s. I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom. Yeah, but you raped women, Bill Cosby. So, brings you down a couple notches." A clip of the set goes viral after being posted in Philadelphia magazine.

Flood gates open, and instead of the 4 females that went to the media (Constand, Green, Ferrier, and Bowman) with their story in 2005, 30 more have decided that 2014 and 2015 was the right time to discuss what happened to them 20+ years ago.

Not sure why 2005 wasn't right, but not everyone is ready to reveal things at the same time I suppose.

Maybe they just want an apology as well.

Too late to apologize?