Black Education / Schools : $20000/yr to earn Ph.D. at Florida A&M University

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by FAMUphysics, Sep 9, 2006.

1. FAMUphysics

FAMUphysics New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    BECOME PART OF A GREAT TRADITION OF AFRICAN AMERICAN SCIENTISTS, INTELLECTUALS AND ENGINEERS

STUDY GRADUATE LEVEL PHYSICS AT FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY
    ATTAIN THE PHD
    WRITE YOUR OWN TICKET

GRADUATE STUDENT SUPPORT OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE IN

EXPERIMENTAL PARTICLE ASTROPHYSICS

The AstroParticle and Cosmic Radiation Detector Research and Development Laboratory (APCR-DRDL) has financial support (~$20K per year [not including tuition waiver]) for a Ph.D. student in the Department of Physics at Florida A&M University who desires to pursue research leading to the Ph.D. degree in Physics. The research activity, funded through the FAMU CREST Center for Astrophysical Science and Technology (CCAST), will involve the development of computational models for Ultra High Energy Cosmic Radiation (UHECR) and other astrophysical particle effects, detector materials and systems, and design, fabrication and/or construction of detector materials systems and instrumentation and/or analysis of experiment data. The APCR-DRDL maintains collaborations with NASA, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Cornell University, Prarie View A&M University, The National High Magnetic Field Laboratory (NHMFL), MIT, and SUNY Stony Brook among others.

For more information please contact:

Ray H. O’Neal, Jr., Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Department of Physics

Jones Hall Room 205

Florida A&M University

Tallahassee, FL 32307

850-599-3807

[email protected]
    Edit/Delete Message

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    ...Well I will be headed to the FAMU/FSU School of Electrical Engineering (unless other things come up) and I am going there on FULL SCHOLARSHIP, so I guess I won't qualify for this. Nice opportunity though!

KD

3. ct

ct Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    When is the application deadline and the cost to attend the program? Will the $20,000 cover the cost or can you get other monies to help with it?

Thanks....