destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family!

Thank you Brother HODEE for being ahead of me again for our birthday celebration!! ... :love:

You are so wonderful, prompting me to get this thread up so we can begin talking about this more officially!

It is not much different for me now, than it has been all of our 20 years. I want to do lots, everything a mind can imagine, but must be happy with us still being here. It has taken much effort to keep us here, I am happy for that. If I were to begin thinking about all that we don't have, and could have, I will start crying.

So rather than that, I immerse myself in what is, and try with my might to stay thankful for it. It's been a long, hard, and sacrificing 20 years, oftentimes wondering if it is the right thing for me to be doing, as I continued forward. It is very easy to shift between what is and what is not, saddened quickly, as seen in these few words already written.

Before I get too caught up, I have to stop myself.

I have to be happy with what is.

I will continue doing my best for us, providing a place where Black people can come together respectfully. I am honored by all of the wonderful Sisters and Brothers that have lent themselves to the effort, giving what they could and would.

20 years ago, I never knew we would make it a day, let alone 20 years.

Now, 20 years later, I still do not know about tomorrow.

I Love You HODEE and Family ... :love:

I have ideas about our 20th year celebration and will be trying to pull them off.

Everything costs money, time, expertise, energy, etc., usually more than I have to give.

We have managed to live, and I hope we will be able to continue doing that, if nothing else.

Love You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!

:10200: :10900: :bellydance: :bingo: :dance1: :dance3: :drink: :drummer: :flowers: :great: :massage: :number1: :terrific: :welldone: :birthday1: :choir: :dj1: :dance5::party: :party1: :piano::yaay:

Gosh, I'm so proud of Destee.com, I truly am. 20 years!!! I know, Sis. Des...who knew, right? It started with just a few of us who loved to come here every day and "chew the fat." lol Now look at us...a real community. The topics were all over the place in the early years (and they still are) and it was fun to see how differently women thought than men on some of the topics. Sometimes, discussions would get so heated, administrators had to establish some rules to keep feelings from being hurt or members fuss'n someone out because they didn't agree. The emoticons were and still are fun to use to spice up our comments although Keme tends to use the B.S. one way too much. LOL But this place has taught me so much and for that, I'm grateful. Everyone is special and adds so much to the conversations. Thank you....thank you and thank you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESTEE.COM and family!

:hearts1::birthday: :love:

Gosh, I'm so proud of Destee.com, I truly am. 20 years!!! I know, Sis. Des...who knew, right? It started with just a few of us who loved to come here every day and "chew the fat." lol Now look at us...a real community. The topics were all over the place in the early years (and they still are) and it was fun to see how differently women thought than men on some of the topics. Sometimes, discussions would get so heated, administrators had to establish some rules to keep feelings from being hurt or members fuss'n someone out because they didn't agree. The emoticons were and still are fun to use to spice up our comments although Keme tends to use the B.S. one way too much. LOL But this place has taught me so much and for that, I'm grateful. Everyone is special and adds so much to the conversations. Thank you....thank you and thank you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DESTEE.COM and family!

:hearts1::birthday: :love:

Hi Queenie!!!!! ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!!!! ... :hug:

Yessss, all exactly as you have described!

The part about us having to make rules, people don't know there was a time when we had no rules. We have been described as being heavy-handed when it comes to moderating the community (something along those lines) - but we really aren't - we're just very effective and efficient at it ... :wink: ... we spend very little time on problem Members. Yes, some more than others depending on the circumstance but compared to our overall amount of time (20 years) - they do not get a lot of our energy. Yes Yes Yes ... it was not by design, but necessity.

Not everyone can even speak to the above Sister Queenie, not like you ... :love:

I am so honored to have you here with us, all the years, truly - Thank You ... :cry:

I Love You So Much.

I count you as a gift directly from God, I always have ... :bowdown:

Yeah ... we may not have money (resources) to do all the things we want.

But we have each other, which is (and always has been) far more valuable to me.

We have what money cannot buy.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSS!!! ... :swings:

I LOVE YOU.

Thank You! :kiss:

:heart:

Destee

ps ... Kemetstry's bs emoticon use ... just like him to curse every chance he gets ... :shame: ... :)

::

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back