going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
Good to know and important, but back in the early days of Hip Hop all we wore was Cross Colors, FUBU and Elkani!
How did we lose that focus , and how do we restore it???

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
Good to know and important, but back in the early days of Hip Hop all we wore was Cross Colors, FUBU and Elkani!
How did we lose that focus , and how do we restore it???
Even the most popular and lucrative Black fashion business model will fail when the White powers that be cant convince the Black clothing line entrepreneur to go public, a full buyout or even accept White partnership. Speaking of clothing anybody here remember this?

https://flashbak.com/penis-pants-eldridge-cleaver-liberated-your-weiner-11522/

Ndugu

Nov 18, 2016
Even the most popular and lucrative Black fashion business model will fail when the White powers that be cant convince the Black clothing line entrepreneur to go public, a full buyout or even accept White partnership. Speaking of clothing anybody here remember this?

https://flashbak.com/penis-pants-eldridge-cleaver-liberated-your-weiner-11522/
nope ! All any of those 20 need are online marketing! Did you know about any of them before this post??
Yet all the youth in the hood knew about Cross Colors and Fubu, and Elkani! , the time for excuses to Black Nationalism have run out! Either we are suing the current market strategy or we are not ! , Those three, companies went viral before the cell phone nd instagram age, cause Black entertainers , starred in photo ops with those gear, hall marked them, in their music videos and wore them on the reg, where they lived and shopped! Folks worried about Mayweather, but I bet you Guci not worried , bout nothing cause they know they have a million more , just like him globally doing the same!
At one time fact quite a few times in the past..... we were not like that!

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
nope ! All any of those 20 need are online marketing! Did you know about any of them before this post??
Yet all the youth in the hood knew about Cross Colors and Fubu, and Elkani! , the time for excuses to Black Nationalism have run out! Either we are suing the current market strategy or we are not ! , Those three, companies went viral before the cell phone nd instagram age, cause Black entertainers , starred in photo ops with those gear, hall marked them, in their music videos and wore them on the reg, where they lived and shopped! Folks worried about Mayweather, but I bet you Guci not worried , bout nothing cause they know they have a million more , just like him globally doing the same!
At one time fact quite a few times in the past..... we were not like that!
Of course my friend I knew of a small number of Black owned design clothiers outside of the aforementioned Black designers except FUBU and Cross Colors which I already had made many purchases from FUBU as already mentioned in earlier posts before your post as well as this entire thread. However it's one thing to be aware of something but it's a whole different ballgame when one cannot afford to support same by purchase. Personally I couldn't afford to purchase most of them for the most part but I've seen designs by HSTRY, Avenue N and Studio 189. Your turn.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Ms Drea wrote on Kemetstry's profile.
Brother Kem.. Marva Collins passed June 24, 2015
Sister Destee how have you been? It's been a while but I'm glad to be back. I see many changes so I'll browse around to get my feel of things again
sekou kasimu wrote on Destee's profile.
Jambo! I deleted a post that was a duplication. Both were deleted!!! Can you find it and repost it for me? I put a lot of work into it!
Destee wrote on shaka64's profile.
Hi Brother shaka64 ... Welcome Home! :heart:
Destee, my Sister!! I am sending you greetings with love from a rainy and relentless overcast Michigan! But you continue to bring sunshine into my life and for that I am eternally grateful! I LOVE the new look and features in the community. I hope you're enjoying your best life. Love and peace...:heart: