Black People : 2 Philadelphia Cops Wounded in Shooting

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
  2. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    It was reported today that the gunmen was actually a teenager, around age sixteen. I think this makes the seventh police shooting in Philly in the last two months. Just a total lack of respect for authority coming from these assailants. The yound man who killed officer Cassidy two weeks ago here, was only 21 years old. His mother is a corrections officer, and it is believed that he took her gun to commit the crime. After shooting the officer dead, he reached over and took the dead officers gun. The whole thing was caught on video tape. He was caught a few days later in a homeless shelter in Miami.

Philly has a new Mayor elect, Michael Nutter, the third black Mayor of the city. He is definitely law enforcement minded, and say's he will impose stricter enforcement of gun laws.

I work with a couple of former Philly police officers, they are expecting things to get worst with the relationship between cops and the urban communities where these shootings are happening. Philly is now considered the worst large city in the country, but there are quite a few other contenders including Baltimore, New Orleans and Detroit.

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    I would dare to say it's about the same lack of respect that a lot of police officers have for our young black men & women. That would mean it's a Reaction and not an action.
    And no, I'm not condoning the violence..........I just understand it.

4. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Greetings! InHotep!

Well, all I can say is that the "powers that be" have been warned over and over.

You (no one) can continue to oppress someone and not expect that at some point, they are going to fight back.

As I see it, those youth are DO!ing what they have been taught to DO.

I remember working with a young man of Afreekan descent during the start of the war in iraq. He was 9 yrs. old and he said to me "they lie, they tell us not to fight back when someone attacks you but bush and em going to war, fighting back". Those were not his exact words, yet, it is close enough for one to get the point of his argument and his recognition.

He would also frequently complain that his mother would say one thing yet do another. Like, "she doesn't respect me, so why should I respect her"

And, he was RIGHT, in the sense that there were some injustices being practiced by his mother who was extremely depressed and overwhelmed in her life and community.

The primary point being tho, at some point, people are going to fight back. Afreekan Descendents have been patiently attempting to "work" this shystem, have been holding back their "feelings" and attempting to address problems in a "civilized" manner. All to no avail when it comes to any change in the behaviors of those in power. They set the rules and standards and all must follow regardless of the impact those standards have on the people.

They love to tell us.."well, if you don't like amerikkka as is, you can leave". Yet, they forget that they have made that next to impossible as well. Thanks to Colonization of Afreekan lands and the minds of AFreekans on the Continent, that is a major barrier in place.

So...things are likely to get worse.

We did a warn dem (Tanya Stephens) I think I have the words to this song written out and will post it if anyone is interested..in fact, I think I did a post with part of the words in it.

It's a very sad reality as I am not interested in more blood shed nor incarceration of our men, yet, "a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do" and the foot is coming up off of us ...one way or the other.

:hearts2:

5. mrron

mrron Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5
    Let's keep in mind that these are human beings with love one's like the rest of us. Police officers are not your oppressors. Usually, when you see a police officer in the black community, it's because a crime has been committed by one black person against another black person. The victim is usually the one who summons the police. So who is the oppressor, if there is such a thing? Is it the person who called the police, the assailant or the police officer who was summoned, and who is paid to maintain the peace?

For those of you who have no respect for the policemen who are shot in the line of duty, keep in mind that these "punks" will shoot you too, and probably even quicker than they would an officer of the law. That is because there is nothing black about them except their skin and their hearts.

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
  7. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    And yet I'd rather be in the middle of them than in the middle of cops. Come to think of it, I AM in the middle of them. And NO, I feel much safer with them than with cops. I am more concerned about being harassed by the police than a crowd of "punks", as you call them. Why? Because those "punks" will not single me out solely because of the color of my skin.
    As for blacks committing crimes against other blacks in a black neighborhood, I wonder about that. If you take a group of people, drag them from their home, rape & murder their relatives in front of them, deny them basic human dignity, sell them, mistreat them, strip them of every ounce of knowledge about who they are and where they come from, then place them in a closed & isolated vicinity..........who do you think will feel their anger & wrath first? Will it be the good white folks living on the other side of the bridge in gated communities?
    Also, respect is earned. It does not come automatically with the badge & gun, as many of your co-horts think. And when they respect me and all those like me, I will return the favor. Until then.....................................

8. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Track can be heard here...

http://www.afreekalive.com/aboutme.html track #1

Tanya Stephens - Warn Dem lyrics
    Artist: Tanya Stephens
    Album: Rebelution
    Year: 2006
    Title: Warn Dem
    [Warn Dem Lyrics on
    http://www.lyricsmania.com/]

INTRO
    Things bad now but trust me them could get worse
    Unless of course we come together and do something first
    And all mothers just gwaan pray cause it a go tek a lot more than a politician to save the day
    VERSE 1
    When the youths dem need a buss give them opportunity first
    Cause if them siddung and a lust it nah go safe fi none of us
    And all the guns weh used to rust a go rise up from the dust
    Police and soldiers haffi duck when them hear the guns a buss
    War a gwaan in Iraq, meh nu have nuh time fi penny that
    Me a watch the youths dem pon the block a rise the SK and the Glock
    It nuh safe gi go a shop, even pickney dem a drop
    Now tell me what we gonna do about that?
    HOOK
    A long time me did a warn dem
    Say the youths dem need fi eat some
    food a that can calm dem
    Dem never listen when dem hear a shot a drizzle, well here comes the storm then
    When the thunder start roll and get out of control we can't disarm them
    VERSE 2
    When opportunity mean fi wait outside another brother gate
    And when nuh food nuh inna yuh plate, you know your life yuh a go hate
    Your value nah appreciate no matter how you hold the fate
    You end up crooked and a look it, it nuh pay fi live so straight
    Seven years after college
    all now job no come
    So you overqualified
    still haffi live inna the slum
    Father dead you haffi take care of your mother and your son
    And your grip it all a done, you load the clip inna your gun
    It hard fi smile with everybody weh yuh meet everyday
    All when yuh do good
    you still a get beat everyday
    No have noten fi lose, yuh still deh pon the street everyday
    If you go prison at least, yuh get fi eat everyday...

Go here:
    http://www.lyricsmania.com/lyrics/t...tion_lyrics_30324/warn_dem_lyrics_329175.html
    for rest of song lyrics....

:hearts2: