Black Spirituality Religion : 2 ETHIOPIAS?

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by KWABENA, Jan 7, 2006.

1. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Jambo Family:

I heard a paster say that there were 2 Ethiopias, and when Moses fleed from Eypt, he went to a Northern Ethiopia north of Afrika, not south, to the Ethiopia we know of in Afrika. If there are two Ethiopias, could someone please compare & contrast? Because I find it hard to believe that there would be two Ethiopias, given that the one Ethiopia in Afrika means "black faces," and somehow, this other Ethiopia does not.

Someone please explain this.

CD

2. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Cedric
    I don't know what the brutha meant and I won't attempt to speculate or explain it for him. I'll give you my perspective on it.

As you said earlier, Ethiopia was Greek for "burnt face" or Black.

Originally it had nothing to do with geography.
    It was about race, so any group of people they found who were Black in color were called "burnt faced" regardless of where they were found.

Not only did they consider Blacks in Africa Ethiopians.....but also the Black skinned people of India.

The Africans were known as the West Ethiopians and the Indians (Dravidians) were known as the East Ethiopians.

West "blackened people" and East "blackened people".

3. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I guess they hadn't known about the aborigins in Australia yet or there would be the southern blackened peo0ple.

I wonder when Ethiopia became a country and why did they take the Greek word as a name for that country?

Also, why weren't Europeans called raw faced? In fact they should be called incinerated faces because ashes are white. There is an Indian fable of creation where God made the white man but didn't keep him in the oven long enough. Then he made the black man but kept in the oven too long. Then he made the brown man who turned out just right.

People can't accept the fact that God loves variety. They would rather think God made a mistake with everyone outside their group.

4. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    Cedric
    There is a mountain range in Iran that separates the valley of Tabriz from the valley of Ahar. The ancient name of this mountain range was “Kusheh Dagh” being interpreted as “Mountain of Kush”. The white man associates Cush with Kush in order to literally transform the Biblical scenery from Africa to Iran in which they try to say the Biblical Geneses took place. This name association from the white man would be the second Ethiopia.

The first Ethiopia and the perception of it being in Africa come from the Biblical renders of the first translations of the Hebrew Script as we can see in a comparison of verses.

English Bible:
    And the name of the second river is Gihon; that is the one which flows around the whole land of Kush.

KJV Bible:
    Gen:2:13: And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

That is where we get the concept of 2 Ethiopia, one located in Iran and one located in Africa. I suspect the one located in Africa to be the original location as pertaining to the Biblical record, not what the white mans wants to transform to Iran so that he can continue his own perception that Adam and Eve where white people or Iranian.

5. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I have never in my entire life, in no scholarly work, no archeological studies, no anthropological studies, no theological studies, no geographical studies or from the drunk bum on the corner ever heard of any non-sense as what I just read !!!

The very idea that something like this would be entertained as a thought process is a testament of "WHY ONE NEEDS TO STUDY HISTORY". In J.A. Rogers work entitled; "Africa's Gift to America" is a map from the 17th century revealing that even as late as that time period of 1878, the South Atlantic Ocean was still known as "The Ethiopian Ocean".

I'm mentioning this mearly as a means of allowing you to get a glimpse of "how expansive" the empire or nation of ANU a.k.a Cush a.k.a Ehtiopia a.k.a Abyssinia, (and I know I forgot a name) was deemed to have been.

So obviously your lack of historical study allowed you to almost fall victim to some bad information. Now, being that you "claim" quote unquote to be studying the Holy Bible, YOUR STUDIES WILL BE EXTREMELY REMISS WITHOUT HISTORY.

6. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94

What is so non-sense about it?
    Several white archeologists try to promote Kush as originally being in Iran instead of Africa. But I don’t fall for it because all it requires to see through the lies is a study of the rivers referred to in Geneses to see that Ethiopia is the correct reference for Kush.

7. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    There is, and always has been, only one Ethiopia. The word “ethiopia” is Greek in origin, and it means, “land of the burnt faces.” The original name of Ethiopia was “Abyssinia,” from which the English word “abyss” is derived. The word “abyss” means “a deep, dark hole.” The very first muezzin (caller to prayer) of the Islamic religion was an African named Bilal the Abyssinian.

Do you know their names? There is no difference between "Cush" and "Kush." There are a range of mountains in central Asia called Hindu Kush; the original kingdom of Cush in Africa was directly south of Egypt, where Sudan is today. The indigenous people of the country were called "Cushiites" or "Kushiites." The word "Cush" is Hebrew in origin, and it means "black."

8. Music Producer

Ratings:
    +94
    I have seen David Rohl in his first few books make this claim, I seen it in “Legend, The Geneses of Civilization”. In his later books he has kinda changed his tone on the location of Kush but other white archeologist continue to promote the idea. Just Google words like “Genesis in Iran” or “Iran and Genesis” or “location of Eden” etc.. and you will began to see how they are trying to change the location of the Garden of Eden.

9. Aqil

Aqil Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +114
    I'm familiar with Rohl, but it is the general consensus of opinion among eminent African scholars and most Egyptologists that God planted a garden in Eden, and that Eden was in Africa. In Genesis 2:8-9 we read:

"The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food."

I am of the opionion that Eden was in Africa, closer to the Equator, which is 0 degrees latitude. In eastern Africa the Equator passes through Uganda, Kenya and southern Somalia. The Tropic of Cancer, which is 23.5 degrees north of the Equator, passes through southern Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Oman, and Iran is north of the Tropic of Cancer. It's cold there...it snows there...not a good place to plant a garden...

10. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I've been told that no question is a stupid question, so I will ask this anyway for confirmation:

Isn't the Garden of Eden on Mount Kilimanjaro, which is in Tanzania, AFRIKA?

CD